Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

La Liga W33: El Classico
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

So, this is what it all comes down to. It eventually, invariably, always comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Real Madrid has a 3 point lead with a game still to play.

If Real Madrid wins, that will increase to 6 points and a game left to play. This will make it very difficult for Barcelona to catch up to Real. The media and all pundits will most likely, right then and there, declare Real Madrid as the champions.

The case is very similar in a draw also, as Real will hang on to a 3 point lead with an extra game to play.

If Barcelona wants any chance to successfully defend their title, they have to win at Bernabeu - even though they couldn't achieve this at Camp Nou. If you recall, the first leg between these two ended with a 1-1, Sergio Ramos breaking the Catalan hearts. In that game, Real Madrid was the better team until Iniesta entered the proceedings. His introduction had completely changed the game, and Barcelona should have won it. However, Real Madrid have shown their resilience in that game, as they have numerous of times this season.

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans to achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been, without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently. Although Gareth Bale remains a doubt for Real Madrid, but Isco has upstaged him recently so it does not look like Real will be missing him nearly as much as Barca will miss Neymar.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:
// will be updated after both teams have played their champions league quarter final second legs. //

My prediction:

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Barcelona

A poll is provided to vote for the outcome of this match:

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, this is what it all comes down to. It always, eventually and invariably, comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

If Real Madrid wins, that will increase to 6 points and a game left to play. This will make it very difficult for Barcelona to catch up to Real. The media and all pundits will most likely, right then and there, declare Real Madrid as the champions.

The case is very similar in a draw also, as Real will hang on to a 3 point lead with an extra game to play.

If Barcelona wants any chance to successfully defend their title, they have to win at Bernabeu - even though they couldn't achieve this at Camp Nou. If you recall, the first leg between these two ended with a 1-1, Sergio Ramos breaking the Catalan hearts. In that game, Real Madrid was the better team until Iniesta entered the proceedings. His introduction had completely changed the game, and Barcelona should have won it. However, Real Madrid have shown their resilience in that game, as they have numerous of times this season.

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans do achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:
// will be updated after both teams have played their champions league quarter final second legs. //

My prediction:

So, this is what it all comes down to. It always, eventually, invariably, comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans do achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

So, this is what it all comes down to. It eventually, invariably, always comes down to this. The game that will, most likely, decide this seasons La Liga champion.

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

El Classico

As it stands right now:

La Liga Standings

Even if Barcelona do win this, that is not a guarantee that they will win the league. Real Madrid will still hold the upper hand as they will be tied on points but Real will have played a game less. It will however take almost a perfect performance from the Catalans to achieve this, especially without the suspended Neymar who has been, without a doubt, their best attacking outlet recently.

Suspensions:
Neymar (Barcelona)

Injuries:

My prediction:

Comments
ramaboy10 7 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

And.. and you guys dare to make a comment questioning MY intelligence?

What a humble lad.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

There are always circumstances, If Casemiro had seen red and he should have, there will be no debate or it would have been considered as ref compensation for the home team.
Instead Casemiro kept it whole game and Vidal sending off wasn't fair at all because of this.

Yes circumstances are key for an objective view, an English ref whistles less fouls than a Spanish for example, BUT FOR BOTH TEAMS !!
Any ref has its own style, but you cannot treat 2 teams differently in a same game without creating controversy...

Reason why I stick with what I ve said before, no red for Vidal considering how forgiving was the ref for Casemiro. And If Casemiro got his second yellow in Clasico, ref would have never shown a straight red for Ramos, not that its not deserved, but refs are smart enough not to put themselves in one way situations in such high watched game.

Clearly he could have lost the control of the game if Ramos didnt seen red, a horror tackle from a Barca and the ref then would have been embarrassed.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

A last second mistake by Real Madrid allowed Barcelona to take the game, but Barcelona really should have done better with an extra man. Horrible game management by them. They allowed a 10 men Real Madrid to play on par with them those last minutes, and it even seemed like they had the extra player. At the end Messi saves the day, like he has done in some key games in la liga. But, it shows how badly managed this Barcelona team is. Similar thing can be said about Madrid. The decision to play Bale in a game played at such high intensity after an injury is disappointing. Zidane wasted a sub with that and Bale never looked like he was on form the minutes he played.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@tiki_taka

If you want to be so strict about rules and request Casemiro's red, this would take out 50% of your recent years titles due to dives punishments.

You won and it was deserved can't you be happy for once and stop luring all the people who dislike Barcelona for their 'infamous reputation' and make forum wars and then act like a victim?

Madridista11 summed up the situation perfect nothing else had to be said but you had to say Ramos went to hurt Messi 100% but that twisted CUNT of a player called Vidal doesn't aim to hurt? The irony is flowing all over you mate. Everytime I enjoy Barcelona football I read half sentence of yours and then it becomes bitter.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@tiki_taka

If you want to be so strict about rules and request Casemiro's red, this would take out 50% of your recent years titles due to dives punishments.

You won and it was deserved can't you be happy for once and stop luring all the people who dislike Barcelona for their 'infamous reputation' and make forum wars and then act like a victim?

Madridista11 summed up the situation perfect nothing else had to be said but you had to say Ramos went to hurt Messi 100% but that twisted CUNT of a player called Vidal doesn't aim to hurt? The irony is flowing all over you mate. Everytime I enjoy Barcelona football I read half sentence of yours and it becomes bitter.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Werent you biggest Barca hater on the forum months ago ? From when do you enjoy them play ? And what victim posture ? So Casemiro souldnt have seen red ? Develop your point what are you trying to say here ?

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Its pretty clear what I try to say ?

You are biased and disgusting.

Casemiro=red
Vidal=Known for beeing a twat=not red

Barcelona hater? I think you are a bit confused or its too much info for your french head. I dislike Barcelona for cheating through Europe. I never said they play crap or bad though but I still believe what I told you. Your team will be relegated and exposed for all of this cheating 1 day.

Yeah you always bash other teams or throw cheap shots at people you create a war atmosphere and then you act like a victim. Simple as that. I dont know why I bother explaining obvious things, are you high or drunk?

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Relax in the end of the day it was a good derby, Real Madrid with 10 players scored a goal for 2:2 and they could have stopped trying and play all in defence and waiting for the match to end but they played an open game regardless of having a player less and that alone made Barcelona score again, it was fun and much better ending than what I thought it would be.