Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Latest casualties of the FIFA Virus
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

FIFA Virus is about to hit clubs, and probably hit them bad.

With the business end of the season approaching, you just know a number of clubs will be beset with injuries following the international break.

List all the injuries here so we can keep a toll of all the casualties.

List:

Phil Jones: Broken toe (Manchester United)
Seamus Coleman: Broken foot (Everton)
Chris Smalling : -- (Manchester United)
Kevin de Bruyne: Groin (Manchester City)
Julian Weigl: -- (Borussia Dortmund)
Diego Costa: Ankle (Chelsea)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

With the business end of the season approaching, you just know a number of clubs will be beset with injuries following the international break.

List:

Phil Jones: Broken toe

List:

List:

List:

Chris Smalling : -- (Manchester United)
Kevin de Bruyne: Groin (Manchester City)
Julian Weigl: -- (Borussia Dortmund)

Comments
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Yeah I hate this. I hope all of the players who will play at the international break will remain solid and uninjured.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

We are getting to top 4, please please dont get anyone injured

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@tuan_jinn Well, at least you don't have to worry about your main striker getting injured! XD

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Phil Jones already got sent home, right? Broken toe apparently

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

@JuanMata10 Yeah, the first casualty happened even before the matches started :(

saatvik10 7 years ago

And the breaking news is that Chris Smalling joins Phil Jones in returning to Old Trafford with an injury :(

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11429

How can I be the first one to mention Séamus Coleman from Everton? Poor lad got his leg broken in the game against Wales, really disturbing stuff as well. :(

• History

How can I be the first one to mention Séamus Coleman from Ireland? Poor lad got his leg broken in the game against Wales, really disturbing stuff as well. :(

Amerr30 7 years ago

@Emo: That was horrible. Do you know any others that have happened so I can add them to the list?

I have not been following the internationals almost at all aside from watching Bosnia defeat Gibraltar. I think we might qualify for the WC if we keep this up.

Belgium is at 13 pts, Greece 11, and Bosnia 10. However, we've already played both of them away. Only home games left.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@Amerr Well, it seem Chris Smalling is injured like saatvik said before.

JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Julian Weigl was injured in the Podolski testimonial as well, but I think it's nothing too serious

Also Kevin De Bruyne was injured (groin) in training before the game against Greece.

• History

Julian Weigl was injured in the Podolski testimonial as well, but I think it's nothing too serious

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited

Thanks, JuanMata for those updates.

It would seem that EPL is taking the brunt of the injuries so far - with United being the leading team most affected.

Could this have something to do with the scheduling of the league? Many managers have complained about the amount of games EPL teams have to play, especially if they participate in Europe. This could seriously derail their top 4 hopes.

I think EPL is the only top league that requires their teams to play in 2 league cups, right? League Cup and the FA Cup. Spain only has Copa Del Rey and Germany only has DFB-Pokal.

@tuan: It would seem your prayers are falling on deaf ears. :/

• History

It would seem that EPL is taking the brunt of the injuries so far - with United being the leading team most affected.

Could this have something to do with the scheduling of the league? Many managers have complained about the amount of games EPL teams have to play, especially if they participate in Europe.

I think EPL is the only top league that requires their teams to play in 2 league cups, right? League Cup and the FA Cup. Spain only has Copa Del Rey and Germany only has DFB-Pokal.

Could this have something to do with the scheduling of the league? Many managers have complained about the amount of games EPL teams have to play, especially if they participate in Europe. This could seriously derail their top 4 hopes.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@Amerr30 France also have two cup. La coupe de France et la coupe de la ligue. Talking about the french "coupe de la ligue", the final is coming up soon, Monaco vs PSG on the first of april. A match not to miss for sure. :D

saatvik10 7 years ago

@Amerr The injuries to Smalling and Jones were freak injuries from what I've heard. Jones stepped on Smalling's toe and broke it. That can't be explained by fatigue.

But you're right about the number of matches English teams have to play. France has 2 cups too, but the scheduling is different. In England, the FA Cup starts in January, and by this time the cups in other countries are already in quarter final stages. And it is played on weekends, so then we have to play the PL matches in midweek.

United play 9 matches in the month of April. That's right, 9 matches. Then if we reach the Europa final then there will literally be no slot left for our postponed game against Southampton, and we'll just have to play 3 games a week.

Amerr30 7 years ago

Real Madrid has to play 9 matches in April as well, and look who we have to play against:

1. April 2: at home vs Alaves
  2. April 5: away vs Leganes
  3. April 8: at home vs Atletico Madrid
  4. April 12: away vs Bayern Munich
  5. April 15: away vs Sporting
  6. April 18: home vs Bayern Munich
  7. April 23: home vs Barcelona
  8. April 26: away vs Deportivo
  9. April 30: home vs Valencia

Now, the fact that we have this many matches does not mean it's alright, especially considering how important some of these matches are which are sandwiched between other trophy deciding matches. It's ridiculous.

However, I do not remember the last time our schedule was this busy. It is possible that this happens a lot more at EPL, and I would think that it does simply because you guys play an extra tournament. Thankfully we have, probably, the deepest squad in the World so I have hope that we come out of the busy schedule with title hopes still intact. I read somewhere that Bayern's schedule is just as busy, so hopefully our depth pays off.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

The EPL schedule is a bit more stressful, especially since xmas which is stupid...

But if I look around, La Liga and Serie A can be intense for top teams too if they happen to go through everything. The main different is, it seems like English FA does minimum to aid our teams to perform in European champs in term of SCHEDULING

• History

The EPL schedule is a bit more stressful, especially since xmas which is stupid...

But if I look around, La Liga and Serie A can be intense for top teams too if they happen to go through everything. The main different is, it seems like English FA does minimum to aid our teams to perform in European champs.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

We (MU) seem to have one huge negative impact from this Fifa's virus, but actually it's just unfortunate... silly injury I have to say.

@Emo: Coleman's injury still upset me until today... Taylor just performed a Stoke City style and completely reckless. Like a thug... :(