Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Let's talk about Liverpool's title chances!
KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

So turns out that Pool is crushing the league according to the stats (at least forward).
Most goals @ (40), 2nd Arsenal (37), 3rd Chelsea (34),
Most shots @ (295), 2nd Spurs (288), 3rd City (274)
Most touches @ (13,017), 2nd City (12,584), 3rd Arsenal (12,312),
Most passes @ (9,832), 2nd City (9,281), 3rd Arsenal (8,993)
2nd in possession overall @ 60,5% (64,1% at home), just behind City @ 63,3%.

Right now they're 2nd in the league with 34p and just put up a convincing performance away against Middlesbrough, a game they won 3-0. Bookies have them at 7 times the money to win the league at this point, in comparison to our all favorite Chelsea @ 1,80. Lallana, Firmino, Mane and Coutinho all look very dangerous. And with Klopp captaining the boat I think they might have a good chance. Remember, the season is still young.

How big are their chances you reckon?

enter image description here

No more of this^

Comments
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

They need Coutinho to come back from injury as soon as possible. However I really like Lallana this season, this guy was amazing so far, he has already scored 6 and assisted 6 as well. Combining these 2 guys with mane, they are deadly upfront.
They have no european competition to worry about, and as these 3 guys keep they form they are for me 2nd best candidate for title atm.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Remember the last time Liverpool got close? lol

Look, I view all the games before January in the same light I view the first half of an individual game itself. A team can take the lead, a team can look really good, and a team can lose the game in the first half. But for all of the real contenders, it's the second half of the game they have to win, especially if last ten or so minutes.

Sure, Liverpool look good now. But they run a high-pressing energy-draining system that has to take its toll on fatigue or injuries at somepoint. Chelsea is running a great 3-5-2, but all it takes is one team to figure out a way to beat it and suddenly every team uses the same strat against them. There are too many variables to know for sure.

As for my opinion on Liverpool's chances, I'd say they have a chance, but not a good one. Chelsea has a numerical advantage, and I'll take defensive solidity over attacking firepower everytime.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Nice stats. I think they do have chance, how solid is there chance depend on how well Coutinho recovers from the injury. :D

I like how Liverpool play, but I think Chelsea has higher chance

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Too inconsistent. They need the consistency that Chelsea has right now. They also have a leaky defense... another thing that Chelsea doesn't have. I think that City have a higher chance of winning the league than L'pool. Chelsea are my preferred (and expected) winners of 2017.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

League winners are generally built around a solid defence. They played well defensively against Boro, but they are prone to conceding 3-4 goals in a game, which is poor.

I have both Tottenham and Arsenal ahead of them for the title, but I don't know if these two teams have that champion's mentality. Mourinho and Pep certainly do, but on recent form, they're lagging behind.

We're not even halfway, anything can happen.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Don't see them winning. If I had to reckon a percentage, I'd go with %14.
Chelsea %24, City %19, Arsenal %17, ManU %13, Tottenham %11 and %2 for all the others.
So the chance for them to win the title is %58 of Chelsea's chance.
And the chances could change in time. These percentages are for the current form and all just an opinion.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Chelsea %24, City %19, Arsenal %17, ManU %12, Tottenham %11 and %3 for the all others.
So the chance for them to win the title is %58 of Chelsea's chance. Almost half.
And the chances could change in time. These percentages are for the current form and all just an opinion.

Chelsea %24, City %19, Arsenal %17, ManU %12, Tottenham %11 and %3 for the all others.

Chelsea %24, City %19, Arsenal %17, ManU %12, Tottenham %11 and %3 for all the others.

Chelsea %24, City %20, Arsenal %17, ManU %12, Tottenham %11 and %2 for all the others.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

I think they have a shot. @Sun the last time they were in a successful position, Liverpool was a one man team. Suarez tricked everyone into thinking Rodgers was a world class manager LMAO.

Klopp is doing very well with the team Rodgers bought. That's Klopp's strength, finding gems and creating the best out of everyone around him. In January I suggest they buy a decent defender or two and I can with full confidence say the league is theirs.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

They loose stupid points, no matter how they look impressive vs big guns, you cant win a league while loosing granted points...
Im not really expecting them to make it, unless the whole teams start loosing, could be wrong tho.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Let's talk about it now.

Liverpool do reach another level of embarrassment. They look lost, out of idea and Klopp doesn't do enough to push fuel to the team... And if he can't do that I dont know who else can.

How do you think Coutinho is performing after his injury?

Is that Liverpool's player or English player's problem in general? Can't handle spotlight?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@tuan_jinn Good idea to bring that back now lad. ;) Well, in my opinion, their problem is clear, they are still very good against big team but for some reason, they still manage to mess a game they should easily win against a opposition who is having a hard time. I haven't seen much of their game but my guess is that they actually rely a bit too much on individual brillance from time to time. Yes, pressing and possession are good but if you cannot score goal, then its useless. Also, the moment the ball get deeper in their half, it is very risky for them. They seriously need to fix their defense above all else. Consistent defense is what make you win trophy.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

For once my analysis was right. Do I get a gold star or something.

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Is that Liverpool's player or English player's problem in general? Can't handle spotlight?

How many Englishmen are even in the First XI for Liverpool? I can think of Henderson, Clyne, Lallana and Milner. So, is it a foreigner problem? Can't handle the league?

Who knows? But it's fun to see the way people phrase things. :)

Personally I think Liverpool's problem is that their team isn't quite as good as they think it is. It is a team which thrives upon the Big Night. You know, playing the Big Team and going toe-to-toe with them. They want to swarm the world-class players, nick the ball off them, and show they're on the same level, etc. They want to rise to the occasion and put on a show. Partly because that's what their fans want/still think about the club, and they're not wrong, historically.

Unfortunately, as a Spurs fan, I can tell you exactly what that's like, because that's the gear we were stuck in for 4-5 years between 2010 and 2014/15. We kept being able to pull out a fantastic result, beat the champions, have a great run in the CL, etc, and yet we didn't have enough depth to then also go out and beat Wigan away the next game. We didn't have enough ideas, and we didn't have enough star-power to see us through.

And that's also juggling the league with European football; something Liverpool haven't been doing much of for the last 7 years, since they regressed from Top 4 certainties to Europa League scrappers.

Liverpool under Klopp came back up to where we were about 4 or 5 years ago. We progressed.

Will they?

• History

How many Englishmen are even in the First XI for Liverpool? I can think of Henderson, Clyne, Lallana and Milner. So, is it a foreigner problem? Can't handle the league?

Personally I think Liverpool's problem is that their team isn't quite as good as they think it is. It is a team which thrives upon the Big Night. You know, playing the Big Team and going toe-to-toe with them. They want to swarm the world-class players, nick the ball off them, and show they're on the same level, etc. They want to rise to the occasion and put on a show. Partly because that's what their fans want/still think about the club, and they're not wrong, historically.

Unfortunately, as a Spurs fan, I can tell you exactly what that's like, because that's the gear we were stuck in for 3-4 years between 2010 and 2013/14. We kept being able to pull out a fantastic result, beat the champions, have a great run in the CL, etc, and yet we didn't have enough depth to then also go out and beat Wigan away the next game. We didn't have enough ideas, and we didn't have enough star-power to see us through.

And that's also juggling the league with European football; something Liverpool haven't been doing much of for the last 7 years, since they regressed from Top 4 certainties to Europa League scrappers.

Liverpool are where we were about 5 years ago. We progressed.

Will they?

Unfortunately, as a Spurs fan, I can tell you exactly what that's like, because that's the gear we were stuck in for 3-4 years between 2010 and 2013/14. We kept being able to pull out a fantastic result, beat the champions, have a great run in the CL, etc, and yet we didn't have enough depth to then also go out and beat Wigan away the next game. We didn't have enough ideas, and we didn't have enough star-power to see us through.

Liverpool are where we were about 5 or 6 years ago. We progressed.

Will they?

Lodatz 7 years ago

For once my analysis was right. Do I get a gold star or something.

You get me patting you on the back and saying Well Done! That's worth even more...

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

You get me patting you on the back and saying Well Done! That's worth even more...

Oh.

Great.

Lodatz 7 years ago

Hey, that's more than I usually get, and I'm right even more often than you are!

https://images.footyroom.com/posts/d2adf9a5a60fcb233d2c83b94a5b5c07/5d76aa9a269c26f7d0cb437a343d7bcb

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

No chance.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Hey, that's more than I usually get, and I'm right even more often than you are!

Being less condescending would probably be a worthwhile first step to that.

This coming from the resident king of patronizing statements? Okay. :)

Actually, it's kind of a little test I employ while on the internet; I like to see who does (and who does not) have the character to admit that they are wrong, or that I am right, etc., even when they don't want to.

Now, passing that test I think deserves a gold star.

• History

Actually, it's kind of a little test I employ while on the internet; I like to see who does (and who does not) have the character to admit that they are wrong, or that I am right, even when they don't want to.

Now, passing THAT test I think deserves a gold star.

Actually, it's kind of a little test I employ while on the internet; I like to see who does (and who does not) have the character to admit that they are wrong, or that I am right, etc., even when they don't want to.

Now, passing THAT test I think deserves a gold star.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

Lol, Sun and Lodatz at each other again. XD But to be fair, Sunflash being right is more due to experience than anything else. I mean, anyone who would have said "History repeat itself" would have been right. But then again, I wasn't expecting them to fail badly like they did, so here sunflash, take this, you do deserve one!
enter image description here

Lol, Sun and Lodatz at each other again. XD

Hey, I was trying to be nice, goshdarnit! He didn't have to be a big meanie about it.

+1 for the star tho.

• History

Hey, I was trying to be nice, goshdarnit!

Hey, I was trying to be nice, goshdarnit!

+1 for the star tho.