Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool 2013/14 - Departures, Arrivals, Loans and possible lineups!
nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

I know that there aren't very many Liverpool fans that are regulars in the forum, but I still decided to give an insight into Liverpool's transfer season so far :-) Enjoy!

CONFIRMED DEPARTURES
Andy Carroll--- > West Ham------->£15.5m - Thank God he's gone, that's all I can say
Jonjo Shelvey--> Swansea--------->£6m - Sad to see him leave, he's quite a talented and young player. I guess he wanted first team football and we couldn't offer that to him :/
Danny Wilson--> Hearts------------> Free - One of those players that never really had the chance to shine
=£21.5

CONFIRMED ARRIVALS

Iago Aspas-----> Celta Vigo---------> £7.5 - brought in to possible replace Downing, already has one goal to his name
Kolo Toure-----> Manchester City--> Free - brought in to bring some experience into the squad
Mignolet--------> Sunderland-------> £9m - great signing, he had an phenomenal season with Sunderland and is most like going to replace Reina
Luis Alberto----> Seville-------------> £6.8m - Liverpool lacked a great LW, which is why he was bough
=£23.3m

CONFIRMED LOANS

Suso------------> Almeria - Great chance for him to get some first team football and improve
Pepe Reina-----> The deal is 99% completed. Not really sure how I feel about this. I was excited about having two world class goalkeepers, which would bring a bit of competition. The deal will probably result in him permanently moving to Napoli in the 2014/15 season

PLAYERS THAT COULD LEAVE
Martin Skrtel----> Valued at: £11m-----> Interested clubs (s) - Napoli
Luis Suarez-----> Valued at: £37m------> Interested clubs (s) - Real Madrid/Arsenal
Jay Spearing----> Valued at: £2.6m-----> Interested clubs (s) - Blackburn/ Newcastle

PLAYERS THAT COULD JOIN
DF-Toby Alderweireld--> Valued at: £8.8m - Ajax
DF-Papadopoulos-------> Valued at: £16m - Schalke 04
DF-Kurt Zouma---------> Valued at: £6.2m - AS Saint-Etienne
CM-Jorginho-------------> Valued at: £4.8m - Hellas Verona
LW-Christian Atsu------> Valued at: £5.3m - Porto
RW-Xherdan Shaqiri----> Valued at: £14.2m - Bayern Munich - won't happen, but hey, it's nice to dream it will

POSSIBLE PLAYERS TO REPLACE SUAREZ
FW-Eriksen--------------> Valued at: £16m - Ajax - Should be our #1 target in my opinion
FW-Burak Yilmaz-------> Valued at: £16.2m - Galatasaray

POSSIBLE LINEUPS NEXT SEASON

FORMATION 1) Would be more of an attacking formation, with Suarez and Eriksen/Sturridge linking up and Coutinho and Gerrard controlling the midfield, with possible through balls to Suarez and Sturridge/Eriksen. Enrique and and Johnson would at times, be able to run of the sides and possibly cross it into the box or pass it to either Aspas or Luis Alberto. The Gerrard-Suarez partnership and Suarez-Sturridge partnership have already been proven to work effectively and can only get better in time! Toure or Alderweireld could play alongside Agger.

FORMATION 2) This formation is somewhat more difensive, with Lucas, who's a DM player, being added into the formation. Lucas would be able to connect the defence with the midfield. ![]()

Comments
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Very well organized and researched, nanda. :) I love this kind of post.

I think Eriksen would be playing behind the striker, or on the wing, though.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Shaqiri will not join Liverpool :)

Ihaveabbc 11 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

@nanda Eriksen is more the type of central playmaker who bursts forward and does some magic (à la Gerrard ^^). He is not a lone striker - therefore we have got Sturridge, Borini or even Suarez. I hope we sign this fella up and nice post btw ;)

@rama you never know :D

nandaYNWA 11 years ago

@lodatz & @ihavebbc

I realised after I posted it that Eriksen isn't a striker >_<

@ramaboy

1 year ago, who'd of though that Cavani would go to P.S.G. and Falcao to Monaco, maybe in a year we'll be saying who'd of thought Shaqiri would go to Liverpool, it's highly unlikely but you never know (; plus he wants first team football and he's not getting a lot at Bayern Munich

tiki_taka 11 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Steven Gerard deserves to play CL, hope Liverpool could compete next year, good spanish signings, Epl got profit of spanish teams debt,i wanted Marseille to do the same.
Hope to see a 6 horse race for the title or at least for CL, i'll definitely watch all big EPL games next year...

udikman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Indonesia 21 323

Papadopuolus will be a great signing for liverpool to reach big four

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@nanda that's because RICH teams went on a killing spree.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Liverpool is getting stronger year by year. Iago Aspas will prove to be a great signing.

john_key 11 years ago
Liverpool, England 2 46

While in indonesian tour aspas looks like he is yet connected with team, well but i hope liverpool doing great this season for the sake of pride

chrisandy100 11 years ago
Liverpool, Nigeria 0 3

New Signings have been great so far...especially Mignolet and Aspas.

nandaYNWA 7 years ago

i cant believe we could have had alderweireld and zouma for a combined total of £15 mil (assuming the reports, fees and club/player interests were all correct)

srk_rox 7 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Toby + Kurt would have been a dream CB pairing. That too for damn cheap.
The current Lovren + Matip looks good as well. :)

nandaYNWA 7 years ago Edited

i find the problem wirh our defense is a collective problem. what i mean by that is if you look at each player individually (clyne, klavan, lovren, matip, milner) they have been pretty decent. the problem lies with their communication and organisation. having constantly different keepers cannot be helpful either!

i do agree, though, that matip + lovren looks exciting. i am hoping we get a new left back soon and gomez starts to challenge lovren :D

how wrong we were about aspas though hahaha (even though he seems to be a boss in spain!)

overall, looking back, our squad has improved massively. we dont have any more deadwood players like enrique and johnson ^_^

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

i find the problem wirh our defense is a collective problem. what i mean by that is if you look at each player individually (clyne, klavan, lovren, matip, milner) they have been pretty decent. the problem lies with their communication and organisation. having constantly different keepers cannot be helpful either!

i do agree, though, that matip + lovren looks exciting. i am hoping we get a new left back soon and gomez starts to challenge lovren :D

srk_rox 7 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

^ +1