Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool fan nails the problem with modern football
Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy I didn't get everything cause my british is pretty bad but if I understand right, he feel like the fan are not showing as much support as they used to. The way I see it, most people on that twitter feel the price to see a game is too much and its sometime stop the most passionate fan from coming to show real intense support. It is true that we are seeing less and less atmosphere created by the fan in modern football and I feel its results of football becoming less and less a local game and much more of a international one. The prize augment because of the pay of the player augment, high prize mean the most devout fan cannot alway join in and when those cannot join in, the atmosphere is not as good. Its less about heart nowaday and more about the money. :(

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@emo He's talking with scouser accent also known as Liverpool accent. It's not even close how british ppl talk in general. But yes, it's pretty hard to understand.

One thing this guy doesn't understand is that fans abroad are vital to football clubs. But he's obviously right pointing out that the atmospheres in the stadiums tend to be very pathetic these days.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Emo, he is 100 percent correct. So called fans show no passion what so ever. I think when you chant Wenger out and hooligans try to attack you, that's a bigger problem. They practically want you to worship Wenger, and then they are the ones trying to attack Wenger due to him not spending. To me, chanting song, love, hate and everything is fine, but missiles, abuse..... Are a bigger problem.

I don't know about other clubs, but Arsenal FC have some terrible stuarts as well.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I don't think he has a problem with fans from outside of Liverpool. He's just frustrated at people who come as tourists rather than as foreign fans. If I went to the Bernabeu I'd be losing my shit because I'm a foreign fan. But a lot of people I know would attend a Madrid or Barcelona game just for the sake of saying they experienced it - which is not how football culture is supposed to be. You should go to the games because you are a fanatic for the club.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

At the same time you can't do anything about it. What will make you stop people booing Casillas? A lot of people just do what other people do. Here's a summary of what goes on

10,000 people start booing

Rest boos for fun

This happens to players that get booed usually. Club communities also do nothing about stadium problems, they might as well
shut down the stadium, except from fans like Juventus, Dortmund, Barcelona where the people are in general quite good, as well as having good talk to talkers

Also, at Arsenal, 'Red Action' are the most useless people ever.

Tuanis 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

First of all, hate his accent.
Second of all. There is nothing to do with this issue. Money talks. Tourists have money. Its either that or sell every seat ever to the membership owners.

Atmosphere is English football and some other leagues as well have become exactly that. A bunch of people, not fans or not the greatest fans that fill up the stadium because the team doesn't care who gets the tickets as long as they get the cash.