Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Liverpool vs Manchester United
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

So, I know the game is close on hand but I'm making this thread anyway for the prediction before and the reaction after the game. Imo, I see Manchester United winning this, if only because Mane is injured and Liverpool form is at their worse. Still, it will depend on how the teams will play and with what mentality they enter the game, also, this after the international friendly so some player might be tired. Hard to predict anything in a derby tbh. Share your thought please! :D

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well this is maybe the biggest game in the Premier league football in terms of rivalry so it deserves a topic about it.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I'm counting on a draw, Liverpool are home and they usually do good in big games. Last season both these games ended in draws, and I very much see that happen, especially when you see no Lallana and Mane.

However, United's two guys from last season are also injured, and now we will see exactly if Lukaku is close to Ibra, after all he didn't have a very good scoring record against big PL teams.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607
Aiden_Finland 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

Man U are a stronger side and are more balanced than shaky Liverpool with Mane injured and horrible defence I dont see Liverpool winning. Mkhitaryan will be the one to look out for he is very dangerous with his through balls.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Aiden Especially considering Liverpool shaky defense, all it take is a single mistake after all and knowing them, there is gonna be more than one, what remain to be seen is if Manchester can make the most of it. :)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Like Amir said Liverpool do play good at home...it's going to be tough, or it should be cause derbies often have a different vibe to them even if one team is on paper stronger than the other.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

This is a weird one. Liverpool can score goals in buckets, and United's defense has had its moments of vulnerability. United's attack is humming, and Liverpool's defense blows.

But none of that matters, because it's a derby. Derbies have no laws. Emotion wins (or loses, red cards lul), not skill most of the time.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I don't want us to be hyped up about it because we always end up drawing with the twats.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

1-3 United.

Why? Because f@ck Liverpool that is why. They play like best club in Europe in domestic big matches and then flop against smaller teams in every other competition. This has been going for the last 10 years!

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

I think Man U will edge it... probably 1-0 with Lukaku the scorer.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

De Gea saved United bacon in the first half. Lukaku also seemed to a very good chance but didn't manage to beat Mignolet. :( Liverpool is actually playing very good but the main problem in that game seem to be of creating good occasion. :(

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Like I said in the match highlights, this is the price we pay for having Mourinho. He oftentimes doesn't really try to win away games against threatening teams. It's tough for me because I look around the league and I don't see City backing down under similar circumstances, if we really after the league title, we have to at least go for it, right?

Maybe he's just waiting for City to collapse or something like they seem to do every year, but I don't like relying on other teams. It's pointless to wonder if we had Pogba or Fellaini, but the fact of the matter is that in the second half in particular, Liverpool dominated the midfield and United was totally helpless. Matic didn't play well, and I can't even really blame the attacking line because the midfield was so bad that they never really had a sniff.

That said, De Gea was fantastic, and that Liverpool only had one obvious chance after essentially dominating for 90 minutes tells its own story about United's defense.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

How can mourinho not target a win??! Esp. With liverpool in such bad form!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash

That said, De Gea was fantastic, and that Liverpool only had one obvious chance after essentially dominating for 90 minutes tells its own story about United's defense.

Its also tell a lot about Liverpool finishing I would think in this occasion. :P

@lio Totally agree, was expecting Mourinho to take this opportunity to attack and be dangerous but no, it was his classic defending style. Then again, thing might have been a bit different if Lingard had started from the start, he clearly had more energy than the rest of team-mates.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Looks like Man City will cruise to the title, the only team that doesn't calculate thier form and matches.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I agree with SunFlash, i am glad with 1 point, but extremely unhappy with the way Mou approached the game. Liverpool defense is a joke and yet we had 3 shots vs 11.

International break obviously took its toll on us, but we are MU not Stoke City,

This is our first real test of the season and it was unexpected despite the current forms of the 2 teams. But well, lets hope it was just a bad day.

On a side note, yes MC looks scary...

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Eden17Hazard17

Now we can see why your points are high lol.

Golazo111

Cruise doesn't exist in the EPL. If you are going to win the Premier League, you have to fight to earn it.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Yea Amir the season just started so I understand.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Mourinho has always settled for a 0-0 draw away at title rivals.