Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Luka Modric - the UEFA Men's Player of the Year 2017-18
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Totally well deserved!

Great that it's not "a finisher", again. The winner was voted by coaches and journalist.

I think both Ronaldo and Salah came very close, especially Ronaldo. We are talking about UEFA here (which CL route contributes largely). It's no surprise that the 2 are both present.

So congratz to Modric! I hope he go ahead and seal the Balon D'or too.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Cheers! Congrats to Modric, it well deserved! :D

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Entire UEFA Awards was swept by Madrid!

Best Player: Luka
Best Forward: Cristiano
Best Midfielder: Luka
Best Defender: Sergio
Best GK: Keylor
Best Goal: Cristiano vs. Juventus

:)

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Nice, some good news for once (Modric)

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Congratulations Modric

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yeah, regarding UEFA award, Real madrid totally deserved all the awards.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Congrats to Modric. An indispensable player for real madrid. I personally don't like that CR7 boycotted the ceremony because of him not getting the price. He has a lot of qualities as a player and as a person, so I am not going to judge him as a whole. But in my opinion this was a weak move by Ronaldo. No matter what, it is still a teamsport... And as much as he would have loved to be praised he should treat other players the same. At least he should have attended as a gesture of respect to Modric, and then he could have given his opinion on the issue. I honestly didn't like CR7s move here, no matter how great he is (and one of 3 favorites to ballon d'or) he is not above all.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Congrats to Modric. An indispensable player for real madrid. I personally don't like that CR7 boycotted the ceremony because of him not getting the price. He has a lot of qualities as a player and as a person, so I am not going to judge him as a whole. But in my opinion this was a weak move by Ronaldo. No matter what, it is still a teamsport... And as much as he would have loved to be praised he should treat other players the same. At least he should have attended as a gesture of respect to Modric, and then he could give his opinion on the issue. I honestly didn't like CR7s move here, no matter how great he is (and one of 3 favorites to ballon d'or) he is not above all.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast Well, if they ever deserved it more in the 3 year where they won the competition, its this year, they beat the French champion, the Italian champion, the German Champion and the English team which went the farthest in the competition. Completely shutted people who complained they had a easy road to the final a few year before.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

`Congratulations to Modric, truely deserved and glad he is getting the recognition he has deserved for years.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Finally they got the guts to reward the impact rather than the stats. Deserved for me.