Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Lyon - Beşiktaş (Also the thread to talk about Europa League Quarter Finals)
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

enter image description here

After the great Champions League nights, We now have the Europa League games.
I am very excited for the Lyon - Beşiktaş games. Can't wait the games.
I just wish there will be no referee mistakes because World Football have been suffering very much from it lately.
May the better side win.

It's announced that there will be more than 20000 Beşiktaş fans at the Stadium in Lyon. More than Lyon fans.

I wanted to share this today's article with you.
A movement for society and self-improvement: Beşiktaş’ Çarşı ultras
At the first sentence of the article, our famous chant is mentioned “We’ll see beautiful days kids, we’ll see sunny days.”
If you want to see:

The story behind this is that we had one of the hardest seasons in our history just 3-4 years ago. And everyone was united against those painful days. Players have accepted to cut some of their wages. Fans have produces loyalty t-shirts for the team. Everyone bought them. The money came from there went to Beşiktaş. Those days were the beginning of these sunny days. The interesting thing is, the president that screwed our team is now the Chairman of the Turkish Football Federation.
After all those painful days, we are witnessing some good football this season and probably the most comfortable season in our history. And we once were the invincible champions in 1991-92.

Lyon will be a tough game. But we are a tough team and I am sure our boys will do what's necessary without Quaresma and Aboubakar.

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Lets not lies to ourselve, Besiktas do get some very nasty fan, but thats only a minority. The Besiktas fan attacked by that Lyon seem completely innocent however. It suck, cause all it take is one stupid fan to attack another innocent one, then the one who get attacked can chose to retaliate on innocent fan from the other team and vice-versa. Endless chain of violence. I guess in the end, it doesn't matter who started it and who continued it. All people that were violent in that stadium should be arested or given a fine and a ban at the very least. :(

@Emrecan Just wanted to know Emre, were you actually there? :S

SoccerBoss 7 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Man, what a screw up by the keeper. He pretty much pulled a Ter Stegen if you know what I mean.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

@Gonzi

i remember sosa saying he had to leave turkey because it was just stupid ridiculous how the fans acted and how dangerous it was.

Do you have the source? I don't remember that. He was actually angry with the chairman, never with the fans. Every Beşiktaş footballer have been a Beşiktaş fan even after leaving Turkey. There's a reason why Quaresma, Demba Ba and others came back to Beşiktaş.

before today i have never seen a major story involving lyon and fighting.

Seriously?

I don't disagree we got some nasty fans. I know we have. But we don't know the actualy stody behind this fights. It's easy to blame people. However we should also be thankful for Çarşı Berlin fans for not to run over the area. That would've been a serious disaster. Because they were close.
Just after the game Lyon President said he does not want to play in front of Beşiktaş fans because he is "afraid". He wants a ban. That explains a bit. Yeah that kid was also afraid while some guy trying to hurt her.

@Emobot Where? In France? Nah man. I shouldn't even be watching the games because of my studies. And if I had the chance to leave Turkey I wouldn't come back :D

@SoccerBoss I am not angry with him.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Gonzi

i remember sosa saying he had to leave turkey because it was just stupid ridiculous how the fans acted and how dangerous it was.

Do you have the source? I don't remember that. He was actually angry with the chairman, never with the fans. Every Beşiktaş footballer have been a Beşiktaş fan even after leaving Turkey. There's a reason why Quaresma, Demba Ba and others came back to Beşiktaş.

before today i have never seen a major story involving lyon and fighting.

Seriously?

I don't disagree we got some nasty fans. I know we have. But we don't know the actualy stody behind this fights. It's easy to blame people. However we should also be thankful for Çarşı Berlin fans for not to run over the area. That would've been a serious disaster. Because they were close.
Just after the game Lyon President said he does not want to play in front of Beşiktaş fans because he is "afraid". He wants a ban. That explains a bit. Yeah that kid was also afraid while some guy trying to hurt her.

@Emobot Where? In France? Nah man. If I shouldn't even be watching the games because of my studies. And if I had the chance to leave Turkey I wouldn't come back :D

@SoccerBoss I am not angry with him.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Oh yeah, it seem the match was foreseen as a problematic game in term of security way before it even happen, guess you can blame the security as well for this. Hope they gonna be extra careful in the Besiktas home game with the security.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

After spending some time to find the truth. I think Lyon and their fans are mainly responsible for the incidents.

First of all, UEFA charged both teams with multiple offences.
To Lyon: Lack of security, insufficient organisation (segregation of spectators), blocking stairways, setting off fireworks and a pitch invasion after their second goal.
To Beşiktaş: Setting off the fireworks and the crowd disturbances.

Lyon's insufficient organisation lead to some hooligans entering the stadium. Especially some black masked Lyon fans.Who are these and why were they masked.

These "men in black" tries to break into the above stands where Çarşı Berlin fans are after Çarşı fans throw some firecrackers. When they couldn't pass the barriers, they starting to attack to the left side where those innocent Turks came to watch the game, where that young girl was.
After that attack, things got ugly.
By the way, in case you don't know; Çarşı Berlin fans are crazy. Not cool headed like the Çarşı fans in Beşiktaş. If they'd tried to attack to those "men in black" there could've been a massacre.

Just after the Lyon's mask men attacked, Lyon President said "it was all Beşiktaş fans who caused trouble and the return match should be played behind closed doors." because Beşiktaş fans have counter attacked. And those black headed guys had to run away. Ridiculous. They know how hard it is to play in Vodafone Arena.

I believe we are not guilty at this one except that the Çarşı Berlin fans threwing some firecrackers and fireworks to the below seats. Which was the reason why Lyon fans invaded the pitch before the game.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

And @Emobot7
Yes, this game was rated as probably the most dangerous game of latest years. But there will be no problem at the game in Vodafone Arena. We are not that uncapable of making an organization. We haven't witnessed any problem yet in this year's Europe games of Beşiktaş.
Even when our fans were in Greece. Nothing happened. We only supported our team and noone attacked anyone.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

And @Emobot7
Yes, this game was rated as probably the most dangerous game of last years. But there will be no problem at the game in Vodafone Arena. We are not that uncapable of making an organization. We haven't witnessed any problem yet in this year's Europe games of Beşiktaş.
Even when our fans were in Greece. Nothing happened. We only supported our team and noone attacked anyone.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

French stadiums have lowest levels of organisation. There were Facebook posts saying that Croatia-Czech Republic will be interrupted (Euros) yet they did nothing about it.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emre @Croatian Yeah, I think the problem isn't as much with either of the fan but with the lack of organisation and security. Just check what happened with Bastia and Lyon recently. Supporter were able to go on the pitch and agress the player. There was nearly nobody to stop them. Shameful. :(