Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man United Family.. Which players do we need next season (and of course .. some must go)
celsolewis 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 2 211

Which players do we need next season (Let's say we qualify for CL .. I believe we will be there)
I'm always thinking about which players we need to fight against the best teams out there next season

We need 3 or 4 players ..

LW... Martial is not ready yet ... and we need a finished product here
CDM... Carrick is gone and we need a world-class player in this position, one that will give us another dimension
CB.. Jones and Smalling are not good enough ... so we need a world-class to be the leader and to be alongside Bailly
Striker.. Antoine Griezmann .. these are the types of players we need to win titles

The problem is that in these positions (CB, CDM, WF) world-class players are not available in the market

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Martial is worth it to have playing LW, even if he underperforms occasionally. You don't have to buy the best players in the world if you have them when they're young, and I firmly believe that Martial is just that. Carrick is still a good tempo-setter, but that's it. Wouldn't be tough to find an upgrade on the pitch, would be tough to find an upgrade in the locker room.

As for the defenders, Jones has had some very solid games this season, and has only underperformed in the immediate games when he returned to the side. That being said, I wouldn't be crushed to see the back of him. Smalling was REALLY good last season, and I'd like to see him build some chemistry with Bailly, because they're both individually excellent, but have so far shown an inability to work as a pairing.

One final note is this:

The problem is that in these positions (CB, CDM, WF) world-class players are not available in the market

This is a horrible mindset. If you need to buy world-class players to accomplish anything, your coaching sucks balls, and United's doesn't. One here and there doesn't hurt, but when you see a spot of need, you don't have to spend 50 mil plus to correct it. That's why City's a joke, and has still somehow spent more money than United in the last few years. We should be making our own players better, and we usually can. More than a few clubs have failed because they couldn't recognize their own talent.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I don't know if my point is welcomed since I'm not part of the family but want United to get strong again but I ll try to be the less explicit :

Out : Rojo, Darmian, Jones, Fellaini, Shaw
In : Griezmann ( most important piece ), Pjanic or Koke, Fabinho And Sidibe from Monaco without hesitation even Moutinho, roque Mezza ( Las Palmas), the list of class and affordable players is Huge sign me as a sportive director Lol.

What sunflash is saying is 100% true, look what Liverpool are doing with a decent squad, but some players United have atm will never give the sacrifice a club of this caliber is asking, nor have the potential for some. So better drop them.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I don't know if my point is welcomed since I'm not part of the family but want United to get strong again but I ll try to be the less explicit :

In : Griezmann ( most important piece ), Pjanic or Koke, Fabinho And Sidibe from Monaco without hesitation even Moutinho, roque Mezza ( Las Palmas), the list of class and affordable players is Huge sign me as a sportive director Lol.

What sunflash is saying is 100% true, look what Liverpool are doing with a decent squad, but some players United have atm will never give the sacrifice a club of this caliber is asking, nor has the potential for some. So better drop them.

Tuanis 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 86 2310

What if we just not buy anyone and stick with what we have? :)

Seriously. Besides a striker to replace Zlatan and a CDM to replace Carrick we dont need more players. And if any come I hope they are young and not finished products that sell for over 60m

Players I want out? Fellaini is the only one that bothers me honestly. I dont want any of the rest out. Rojo can stay, Im fine with him.

If we could just w stop buying devolved players and go back to young prospects that would be nice.

• History

What if we just not buy anyone and stick with what we have? :)

Seriously. Besides a Stricker to replace Zlatan and a CDM to replace Carrick we dont need more players. And if any come I hope they are young and not finished products that sell for over 60m

Players I want out? Fellaini is the only one that bothers me honestly. I dont want any of the rest out. Rojo can stay, Im fine with him.

If we could just w stop buying devolved players and go back to young prospects that would be nice.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

United has great individuals but not players that bring you titles. Defence is shakiest part and second CB next to Bailly is highly needed, idek if United fans want Lindelof but he is best one to bring. One of most hardworking players I've seen this season. Also he's young.

If United wants to win titles, they shouldn't play with average players like Blind, Rojo, Darmian, Fellaini etc. @tiki gave some good players United could sign. Fabinho is the right deal since Carrick is already getting really old, and they need real replacement. Fabinho is top player for any team.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

We have deep enough squad, Martial is mature enough and technically good enough!!! No need to replace him. Rashford isn't (and doesn't show much improvement which concerns me).

Zlatan is awesome but I dont know if he can perform in CL next year as in EPL... Im all for Griezmann.

We need new CB(s), at least 1 CL qualified one, and indeed a good replacement for Carrick. Guys, like it or not he is retiring and might not be fit for the whole season long. For such an important position, we need some equivalent, stable sub!.

Despite agreeing with @SunFlash to certain extend, but our squad is simply NOT good enough in those particular position...

I think to make noise in CL, we must strengthen our squad in those positions.

• History

We have deep enough squad, Martial is mature enough and technically good enough!!! No need to replace him. Rashford isn't (and doesn't show much improvement which concerns me).

Zlatan is awesome but I dont know if he can perform in CL next year as in EPL... Im all for Griezmann.

We need new CB(s), at least 1 CL qualified one, and indeed a good replacement for Carrick. Guys, like it or not he is retiring and might not be fit for the whole season long. For such an important position, we need some equivalent, stable sub!.

I think to make noise in CL, we must strengthen our squad in those positions.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

you guys need a striker for when zlatan leaves and a good midfielder. you have 4 quality cb's (bailly, rojo, jones and smalling)......i don't think that's what you need to strengthen.

• History

you guys need a striker for when zlatan leaves and a good midfielder. you have 4 quality cb's......i don't think that's what you need to strengthen.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Rojo is world class player, if you don't know how to play him then replace the coach.

Fellaini is not good enough though.

If they want a new Ibrahimovic, buy Lukaku from Everton.
And another buy would be Bernardo Silva from Monaco so that he can assist to Lukaku and make the midfield stronger.
In case Rooney is still in poor shape, buy also Andrea Belotti from Torino.

In summary:
-Fellaini
-Ibrahimovic
+Lukaku (18 goals this season so far)
+Bernardo Silva (8 assists this season so far)
+Andrea Belotti (22 goals this season so far)

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Rojo is world class player, if you don't know how to play him then replace the coach.

Rojo is one of the worst pure defenders on the team. He got shredded playing LB vs Southampton multiple times and his rash challenges from both LB and CB have given away several pk's and he's been lucky to avoid red cards on two separate occasions this season.

While you could argue that that's bad coaching, the more obvious answer is that Rojo can't control himself when it matters, and that he gets beaten by pace in a way that other United defenders simply do not.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I don't agree, Rojo is a world class player and can play both on left and center back, in fact I prefer when Mourinho plays him in center.
If one Smailing can be in the team since forever I don' see why would Rojo be an issue, just last game he scored and that secured the point for the team.
But sure if you think he isn't good enough and should be sold you have the right to your own opinion

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Rojo Is brainless, if i was Mourinho, He would be the first to leave...
Don't know what he is doing in the Albiceleste too, not reliable for a pesos...

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Bailly is overrated.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Rojo is decent, never a world class in my book, or not yet.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

i don't think rojo is world-class but he's a really great defender. you need someone strong and who will go into tackles and who can go upfield id necessary. he's done great for argentina too. he's a great combo with smalling, who's more composed. i don't think bailly is overrated though. bailly and rojo have the same qualities, that's why we never see them together as a cb duo. someone needs to be calm, that's where smalling comes in.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

also sunflash...smalling gets beaten by pace all the time...that's only one aspect of defending.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

United doesn't need new players, they just need the right mentality just like ferguson used to make mediocre players play like champions.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

@golazo....i'll tell you why no man u fan has a problem with smalling even though he is an average defender at best....it's b/c he's english

• History

@america....i'll tell you why no man u player has a problem with smalling even though he is an average defender at best....it's b/c he's english

@golazo....i'll tell you why no man u player has a problem with smalling even though he is an average defender at best....it's b/c he's english

celsolewis 7 years ago Edited

Croatian [Bayern Munich, Croatia]

If United wants to win titles, they shouldn't play with average players like Blind, Rojo, Darmian, Fellaini etc.

I definitely agree with you .. Let's see what happened to Arsenal .. I'm not saying they have bad squad but look at the Bayern team .. they have world class players in almost every position.. in Arsenal You only have 3 or 4 players with the possibility of being part of the starting 11 of Bayern

So unless the board invests hard and bring in title winning players you will suffer the same misery as Arsenal for years because 90% of their starting 11 are an average team..
and you can't win the CL tittle with an average team

• History

Croatian [Bayern Munich, Croatia]

If United wants to win titles, they shouldn't play with average players like Blind, Rojo, Darmian, Fellaini etc.

I definitely agree with you .. Let's see what happened to Arsenal .. I'm not saying they have bad squad but look at the Bayern team .. they have world class players in almost every position in Arsenal You only have 3 or 4 players with the possibility of being part of the starting 11 of Bayern

So unless the board invests hard and bring in title winning players you will suffer the same misery as Arsenal for years because 90% of their starting 11 are an average team..
and you can't win the CL tittle with an average team

celsolewis 7 years ago Edited

we are Manchester United if we are a big club and big clubs fight with the top dogs.. thats why we brought Jose Mourinho because we know he is a very ambitions coach.. and we want to go to there and fight on an equal with the best teams and win major titles
and you can't do this when 90% of your starting 11 are average players

• History

So we are Manchester United if we are a big club and big clubs fight with the top dogs.. thats why we brought Jose Mourinho because we know he is a very ambitions coach.. and we want to go to there and fight on an equal with the best teams and win major titles

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

and we want to go to there and fight on an equal with the best teams and win major titles

With all respect, you already signed a whole bunch of world class players but you don't have Sir Alex Ferguson anymore so they end up looking average.
Sir Alex Ferguson won the league with Van Persie that scored 26 goals, 1 great right on time signing from Sir Alex sealed the title.
Look at the players you bought after Sir Alex, they are all world class talents that Manchester United didn't know how to use or they are still searching themselves to prove their quality:

Mata £38.02m
Di Maria £63.75m
Shaw £31.88m
Herrera £30.60m
Rojo £17.00m
Depay £28.90m
Falcao (loan)
Schneiderlin £29.75m
Martial £42.50m
Mkhitaryan £35.70m
Pogba £89.25m

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Golazo111

Only Mata, di Maria, Falcao, Mkhitaryan, and Pogba are world-class players, mate. All the others are good players, but not world-class. They are definitely not 'average' players, though. Moreover, Falcao and di Maria are proving their worth in other clubs that actually know how to use them.