Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man United next season (18/19). Attacking football?
tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Players are coming back after the WC.

5 of them are the bigger stars who really shined in the tournament: Paul Pogba. Jesse Lingard. Romelu Lukaku. Marouane Fellaini. Ashley Young. While a handful of others have proven to done enough to impress Mourinho.

With Sanchez, Rashford, Mata (may be Martial), and some potential signings the attacking force looks promising.

Mourinho is his recent interview and plan with ESPN, mentioned he has no problem playing attacking football next season and he would.
And with those players at his disposal he SHOULD!!!

Despite never really been his strong tactic, Mourinho can for sure go and trash teams for records. it's true, but the last few seasons of his career (especially since Inter) he seem to afraid of doing that, and try to replicate what worked in Inter....

Next season is his 3rd. I'm not sure...

What do you think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Players are coming back after the WC.

5 of them are the bigger stars who really shined in the tournament: Paul Pogba. Jesse Lingard. Romelu Lukaku. Marouane Fellaini. Ashley Young. While a handful of others have proven to done enough to impress Mourinho.

With Sanchez, Rashford, Mata (may be Martial), and some potential signings the attacking force looks promising.

Mourinho is his recent interview and plan with ESPN, mention he has no problem playing attacking football next season.
And with those players at his disposal he SHOULD!!!

Despite never really been his strong tactic, Mourinho can for sure go and trash teams for records. it's true, but the last few seasons of his career (especially since Inter) he seem to afraid of doing that, and try to replicate what worked in Inter....

Next season is his 3rd. I'm not sure...

What do you think?

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Golazo To be fair, the thread was started straight after world cup, he hadn't yet started making excuse when tuan first made it. :P

The famous Jose third season was coming some were talking about it even before the last season ended, just wait.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ah it is hard for me to defend Jose anymore. I am still a big fan of his but he definitely not adapting and growing into grumpy old man. Everyone has their time I guess but I feel like being fired again will do him good than bad if he doesn't improve his tactics and antics.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Doesn't look like it's going to happen... :(

The game vs Bayern was terrible :(

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

One thing that I guess I will say in defence of Mourinho is that everything now seems over exaggerated. I'm hearing Sanchez has had an excellent pre season, then one game later he's doing an entire interview defending Sanchez. I'm not saying what he said was right, but surely the 7 needs some freedom without everyone being on his back. Same could be said for Pogba, although he had a bit more time.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Hum, well... after last game, how do you guys feel about United for this season?

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Utter crap :(.

Our defend is EXACTLY as I have always described: trash, Bailey, Lindelof just aren't good enough. Fred has potential but need a lot more time.

Pogba is not half he was at Juve or France...

Our football is dull, Pogba and Mata had balls, possession but we DID NOTHING with those, that means: our tactic. Mourinho does NOT have a clear plan for attack.

I could see he was working on something, and our players aren't ready to be back after a heavy summer, but so do Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea...

Let's hope it's changed soon :(

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Another Mourinho team looking like it's going to collapse in his 3rd season there. Jose as consistent as always...

Marcus2011 6 years ago Edited

Dynastian, you have a short memory about things he has done in Spain for Madrid. Name me one manager who could have made Real Madrid competitive against Barcelona's dominant times and Messi being in prime of his football? Name me one. Madrid fans are one of the most Ungrateful fans on this earth. Junk fans.

Yes, Jose has gone bananas lately, but it happens to every manager eventually for a period of time. He needs a serious break or maybe that is it for him but no one should talk crap about his achievements because he has an incredible record that many managers in history of football would only dream about.

• History

Dynastian, you have a short memory things he has done in Spain. Name me one manager who could have made Real Madrid competitive against Barcelona's dominant times and Messi being in prime of his football? Name me one. Madrid fans are one of the most Ungrateful fans on this earth. Junk fans.

Yes, Jose has gone bananas lately, but it happens to every manager eventually for a period of time. He needs a serious break or maybe that is it for him but no one should talk crap about his achievements because he has an incredible record that many managers in history of football would only dream about.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@Markus: you might be a bit too harsh, mate

They can be behind him, but can at the same time acknowledge his shortcomings. In his last season in Real, it went pretty ugly too. If Real's fan had gone out their way and bashed Mou's time at Real and discredited all he did to break the domination of Barca, then I agree with you. I haven't seen any of them doing here yet.

Obviously, there are fans like that, more player's fans than club's fans.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus I agree with tuan, you are being harsh. ;P

@tuan Baily is really inconsistent, he will be motm of the defense at time and be responsable for two of the goal in the very next game. :( And yeah, there is defo a problem with the attack, you scored 4 goal in two game but also needed 2 converted to get those, thats not good for a team with United ambition. Like you said, the player clearly don't have a defined plan when going into attack, they all have a hard time combining at the level they should under mou. :(

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Mou is trying things out. I hope it works... he's the manager of characters. BUT must realize thing have changed a lot since he was the special factors. His fear factor are GONE. Facing him is more of a motivation it seems

I wish he throws away some of hit utter drama sh!t, drop his ego and fight with the players, get the best out of them.

In the end, it's MU we are supporting, and it's getting ugly

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tuan Not exactly at the point where he should try things out though. He've been there for 3 year, he should have a gameplan to win the league by now. :(

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

2nd game of the season, I don't think Mourinho will be crucified for it, although it's clear that his brand of football is unattractive, it still hasn't changed the fact that we came 2nd last season. So let's just wait and see what happens.

• History

2nd game of the season, I don't think Mourinho will be crucified for it, although it's becoming clear that his brand of football is unattractive, it still hasn't changed the fact that we came 2nd last season. So let's just wait and see what happens.

Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

Dynastian, you have a short memory about things he has done in Spain for Madrid. Name me one manager who could have made Real Madrid competitive against Barcelona's dominant times and Messi being in prime of his football? Name me one.

Carlo Ancelotti.

I said Jose collapses in his third season. Judging from his second tenure at Chelsea and his tenure at Madrid, it is consistent with his trajectory. Did I hurt your feelings by saying that? Didn't mean to insult your daddy.

Madrid fans are one of the most Ungrateful fans on this earth. Junk fans.

Looks like Chelsea fans have some of the most sensitive, effeminate fans in football. Junk fans.

• History

@Marcus

I said Jose collapses in his third season. Judging from his second tenure at Chelsea and his tenure at Madrid, it is consistent with his trajectory. Did I hurt your feelings by saying that? Didn't mean to insult your daddy.

Looks like Chelsea fans have some of the most sensitive, effeminate fans in football. Junk fans.

@Marcus

Dynastian, you have a short memory about things he has done in Spain for Madrid. Name me one manager who could have made Real Madrid competitive against Barcelona's dominant times and Messi being in prime of his football? Name me one.

Carlo Ancelotti.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@iHEART The problem is psychological, United just isn't feared anymore by other team, unlike City. Because of it, I fear it going to be harder for United to get point. :(

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Is that a pun I just noticed, Emo?

No kidding about the fear part. We haven't been feared as a club since the day Fergie retired. Psychological effects can happen to any club, but we've taken it the worst in recent years after Liverpool. There's a massive bubble that's about to burst, as I said earlier in the month, no manager can fix this mess we've brought ourselves in, Mourinho can only delay the inevitable.

• History

Is that a pun I just noticed, Emo?

No kidding about the fear part. We haven't been feared as a club since the day Fergie retired. Psychological effects can happen to any club, but we've taken it the worst in recent years after Liverpool. As I said earlier in the month, no manager can fix this messed we've brought ourselves in, he can only delay the inevitable.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@iHEART XD No, it wasn't intended as a pun, just because of the fact English isn't my first language, I tend to be more careless about repetition. ;P But yeah, United just isn't scary enough anymore, what they need is a huge win, something that will make other team think twice about attacking them and will force them to be wary.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@iHeart: I feel a lot of sympathy for our coach from you, which to some extend is reasonable. But not all I can agree with :D.

Or are you also Emobot Canadian nice? :D:D:D:D

Marcus2011 6 years ago

Carlo Ancelotti? haha don't make me laugh. I love Carlo for what he did at Chelsea but he was never a match to beat Guardiolas Barcelona. Barcelona with Xavi, Iniesta, Busquetes, Messi, even Pique was somehow playing well was too dominant and many manager saw Real madrid job as a career kill. Mourinho saw it as opportunity and he did exactly what was asked of him.

His third year at Madrid was more of a drama than behind the scenes with crying Casillas than it was about his ability to get the team playing and get the results. Ofcourse, also the junk fans that were backing that sort of behavior didn't help the case but then dumped Casillas later anyway and mistreated him. Go figure.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tuan iHEART is Australian. :P And he is very cool by the way. ;)