Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man United vs Sevilla Post Talk - 2018
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

Ok, so I know this might still sting for United fan but can we agree Mou defensive tactic are really hit or miss now? Sevilla dominated them today and even for a neutral, it was just a dissapointing and painful defeat. Don't try to tell me United can't beat a team like Sevilla with the quality they have. I mean, come on, the spanish side best defender in that game was a 22 year old who used to play for a Ligue 2 last season and their striker who scored 2 come is from Toulouse, a team people generally have fun at because of its name. Obviously, there was great coaching from Sevilla but there should also have been great coaching from United. Dissapointed in Mourinho even more than usual today. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Ok, so I know this might still sting for United fan but can we agree Mou defensive tactic are really hit or miss now? Sevilla dominated them today and even for a neutral, it was just a dissapointing and painful defeat. Don't try to tell me United can't beat a team like Sevilla with the quality they have. I mean, come on, the spanish side best defender in that game was a 22 year old who used to play for a Ligue 2 side a few year ago and their striker who scored 2 come from Toulouse, a team people generally have fun at because of its name. Obviously, there was great coaching from Sevilla but there should also have been great coaching from United. Dissapointed in Mourinho even more than usual today. :(

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

1 thing is sure, the players did exactly what Mourinho told them. Now if he blames the team or some individuals he will lose the locker room.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Im pretty sure, Im not the unpopular opinion here.

I have said it again, and again, everywhere simply out of frustration, but all the previous time mostly we disregarded by our own fans and Mou's fans.

Our tactic simply wasn't as great as painted, it's just ultra-defend with super fast counter (which should be whole lot convenient as we have such a strong attacking force). Of this kind of tactic is.

Sevilla was great, dominated us both legs, they sucked at times because they made a lot of silly passes or finishes (which should have turned the game into 6 - 1 if they had been a bit better). This is the reason they scored only 5 goals in their last 6, 10th in Liga in attack... yet we lost at home.

A lot of MU's fans in the game came out this time and voiced their opinion, they weren't loud enough, but this time they do (including me), our game was unbearable...

Even in Liverpool games it was 2 balls from De Gea aimed at Lukaku and turned in to goals. This game it didn't work, we did so many of that...

It's a defeat hard to swallow, but we are all behind the team. Although, I do hope Mou changes, realized his tactic ain't that great anymore and use his brilliance to develop something else!

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Wonder how come nobody opened a topic about Alexis, his new role in this team is strange to say the least.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited

I will, not the time yet. BUt I want him to have more time to blend in and get along with the team...

Btw, have I mentioned how WTF it was with our coach's line up today???

LIKE SERIOUSLY WTF?

• History

I will, not the time yet. BUt I want him to have more time to blend in and get along with the team...

Btw, have I mentioned how WTF it was with our coach's line up today??? LIKE SERIOUSLY WTF?

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

mctominay over fellaini. his partnership with matic wouldn't allow midfield to get bossed.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Yeah I dont know why Mou always does that, in one game people call him master,in another it would be a huge risk.

Why does he have to do that in a biggest night of the season?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Tuan Yeah, really, this was a must win game for United, so why did he bring that lineup? He should have attacked from the start instead of trying to grind out a victory. Sometime, I think Mou play defensive football just for the sake of it being his "style".

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Muriel and Montela have same agent, never found him good, he is not CL quality. Montela should stop benching Wissam. Scored 60% of Sevilla goals in CL.

N’ zonzi reminds me of Busquets, would love to see him in French squad as a starter. Hate egoistic players, Rashford could have scored if he got that Lukaku assist, even there is high probability that Lukaku didn’t even knew his presence. Higuiand would have passed, Benz would have too, Suarez or any experienced striker... well I know if the shoot went in I would probably be quiet about it, but in such an important game, you cannot deny the 1 vs 1 to your teammate and shoot outside the box.

Mou cannot control his dressing room since his spell
At Madrid. We all know his worth in term of tactics, but managing a group of egos is looking more and more complicated for him. I wanted to see Laurent Blanc there, I think a coach like Carlo is what United needs right now.

• History

Muriel and Montela have same agent, never found him good, he is not CL quality. Montela should stop benching Wissam. Scored 60% of Sevilla goals in CL.

N’ zonzi reminds me of Busquets, would love to see him in French squad as a starter. Hate egoistic players, Rashford could have scored if he got that Lukaku assist, even there is high probability that Lukaku didn’t even knew his presence. Higuiand would have passed, Benz would have too, Suarez or any experienced striker... well I know if the shoot went in I would probably be quiet about it, but in such an important game, you cannot deny the 1 vs 1 to your teammate and shoot outside the box.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

what's the point of spending so much money on offensive players then don't even attack? I'd like English team to go through, but with this tactic I'm glad United is out.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tiki Ben Yedder is really good but he was even better as a suber-sub. I guess Montela is also basing his choice on player form in la liga and in training. He did start Lenglet who seem like a future great defender at least. :)

@quikzyyy Don't ask me, ask Mourinho or the people who say he is a genius. I suppose he think he only need to organize the defensive side of his team and hope that his star player pull enough individual brillance to win him the game.

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Mourinho is a fucking joke... No words to express my anger and discontent right now. I'll calm down and post my opinion later.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Maybe emo, im just stating a fact not making a conspiracy, they have same agent and it already helped some players in the past, Deschamps and Nasri had same agent and it didnt work so im not accusing Montela of anything. bur time will tell, Muriel is not enough. Ben Yedder has his limits but from the 2, he is clearly better. 20 goals already this season, 8 goals in CL, and he is not starting all his games. I suspect something, but Montela wont risk his job Wissam is deserving his starting place putting pressure on the pair.

Something i want to share with you guys : Last Mou CL eleminations...

2013/14 : VS ATLETICO MADRID HOME ( 1-3 ) with Chelsea

Mourinho had a Prem winning side, he parked the bus Vs Atleti not known for strikeforce in first leg, got his 0-0 and got eleminated in second leg.

But that was a semi-final.

2014/15 : VS Paris St Germain ( 2-2 after ET ) still with Chelsea

1-1 in first leg,managed to get a great result from Paris, they did not really parked the bus, not in my memory.

Second leg, against 10 men Zlatan being red carded early in first half, they played safety until Cahill goal then parked a bus that failed with David Luiz, to be eliminated at home in Extra time VS 10 men.

1/8 finals.

2017/18 VS Sevilla at home ( 1-2 ) with Man United

Go for the 0-0, and same old scenario.

I dont think about you guys, but i noticed that since his eviction from Real Madrid, Mourinho does not inspire his XI like before, i remember the mighty Chelsea of his England debut, or the mighty Inter that won the league back to back. or the solid Madrid who could have been crowned in any other league with consistent +80 pts per season.

I noticed it, since he was the happy one, at his comeback, he played the draw in many games vs direct rivals, he had Liverpool and Arsenal as contenders to the title so in that season he could go and play the draw away, it paid at the end but it paid because their was no winning machine like today.

the year after, his dressing room completely imploded internally just like Madrd did 2 years ago.

Now looks like he has trouble with Pogba, before Schweinstiger, Mata, Mkhytarian, lately Martial talks in the press...

My unpopular opinion is that Mourinho, lost it, if i was him i would make a break, coaching takes too much energy, he is not the screaming Mourinho we had before, neather the energetic or the charismatic in press conferences. he did not recover from recent past and he seems that his players and him may look disconnected at times....

I may atknowledge fact that he got many injuries, are dealing with divas and rockstar atitude player with high wages, with the fact that SAF was an institution on his own and the owner or the noard clearly were only Buisness focus letting all the sportive to SAF who took with him United DNA. All the excuses are possible, squad is also not complete 100% Mou has not his fetish Cbs or destructors : he tried to attract Varane and many, has to deal with crazy market.

All excuses aside, i really think he is mentally tired, what do you think ? his tactics does not work because his teams lacks the spirit his defensive tactics need.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

What other tactics did you expect from Mou? But I fear we'll see a similar performance from us today. Why not just play your normal game, attack, and take it to your opposition regardless of who they are or what the occasion is. That's positive football.

I guess when managers are under such pressure, they just hate to concede so they'll shut up shop for as long as they can, hoping for a bit of luck going forward.

Mourinho in post match conference
WHAT

I understand the moment of heat, the pressure after failure, and his intention meant to say "Losing i part of game, MU lost before at home, it's not the end of the world"...

BUT WHAT THE ACTUAL FAK????? Mou is being Mou again, he has to drag his old glory in, and this confusing talk is disrespectful to the club!!!

"this is nothing new for THE CLUB"???

It's like saying: your club lost a lot, you shouldn't be sad, WTF MOU. Doesn't matter if it's true, he's the head coach... it's freakin insane

IS HE TROLLING US?

• History

WHAT

I understand the moment of heat, the pressure after failure, and his intention meant to say "Losing i part of game, MU lost before at home, it's not the end of the world"...

BUT WHAT THE ACTUAL FAK????? Mou is being Mou again, he has to drag his old glory in, and this confusing talk is disrespectful to all of MU's fans!

It's like saying: your club lost a lot, you shouldn't be sad, WTF MOU. Doesn't matter if it's true, he's the head coach... it's freakin insane

WHAT

BUT WHAT THE ACTUAL FAK????? Mou is being Mou again, he has to drag his old glory in, and this confusing talk is disrespectful to the club!!!

"this is nothing new for THIS FOOTBALL CLUB"???

WHAT

"this is nothing new for THE CLUB"???

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

I've sat at this chair at different club, me, so its nothing new for this club. Thats basically what he said, maybe its not what he really wanted to say, but he's saying since he lived that kind of thing before, he expect the club and fan to be used to it by now? Ugh, this isn't the Jose Mourinho club ffs Mou, what are you saying. :(

@tiki Good analysis by the way.

• History

I've sat at this chair at different club, me, so its nothing new for this club. Thats basically what he said, maybe its not what he really wanted to say, but he's saying since he lived that kind of thing before, he expect the club and fan to be used to it by now? Ugh, this isn't the Jose Mourinho club ffs Mou, what are you saying. :(

tiki_taka 6 years ago

@tuan yeah saw that, weird reaction. He used to put pressure on ref, on rival players protecting his players. I don’t see that lately even the body language is weird.

@emo Thanks.

Golazo111 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

"“I sit in this chair with Porto, Man United out, I sit in this chair with Real Madrid, Man United out. So is not something new for the club "

LOL Mourinho after trashtalking some of the legends of Man United like Scholes and Neville is now trashtalking the very club he works for :D

Wonder when the fans will start the good ol'

I just want to also quote myself on what I said to tuan:

He didn't make those comments as a football manager, but as an analyst and a life long Man United supporter and player, now think about for a second who you should stand next to, a club legend or a manager that is most likely going to change the team in a few years...Just give it a thought.

• History

"“I sit in this chair with Porto, Man United out, I sit in this chair with Real Madrid, Man United out. So is not something new for the club "

LOL Mourinho after trashtalking some of the legends of Man United like Scholes and Neville is now trashtalking the very club he works for :D

Wonder when the fans will start the good ol'

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I honestly have no idea how he will bounce back from a reaction like that. Hes lost all respect from most MU fans.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I've had some reflection time and think I'm ready to comment.

I am not ok with going out to Sevilla. I am not ok with how we went out to Sevilla. That being said, do I value what Mou has brought to the club so far? Do I value what he will bring in the future? Do I value that more than I do what a prospective incoming manager would bring? Right now, based on league status, I think so. With that out of the way, I want to think about the tie itself, and the overall situation.

We don't get to call what happened with Sevilla a tragedy if we call what happened with Liverpool a masterclass. It's the same tactics, just with a very different outcome. Do I approve with the tactics themselves? I'm not sure that matters. What does matter is winning, and not a lot of that just happened in the UCL. That being said, it has happened nearly everywhere else for United under Mou, our league position is higher than Liverpool in their best season for a generation, as well as Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal. City makes everyone look bad, and challenging them is not the objective anymore for this season, finishing second is.

I do NOT think that Manchester United needs to flip a our manager, again. Moyes was clearly incompetent, LVG did not deliver results, and Mou has brought a certain stability to United, and he has brought certain results, (we're not a joke anymore, for one). It seems weird to remember but under Moyes and LVG United wasn't that far off from Arsenal's current situation.

That being said, the results that really matter to us are the domestic league and the champions league. As this season stands, we have no chance at winning, or even really competing, in either. That is a tough pill to swallow, and we all swallowed it last night.

I think that Mou's comments after the fact were in huge disconnect to what Manchester United is as an organization, and after two years I would have hoped he would have been here long enough to realize that. No one is bigger than the club, and Mou just tried to make himself bigger. I am not okay with that, and do not think anyone else would be either.

Do I think the side will improve? I do. I was excited to get Sanchez, but I cannot help but feel that he has massively disrupted the side, I want Martial back and I want him now.

I don't want a snap judgement. I want to see the season out, see how the team responds, see how the manager responds, and see how the fans respond, to what actually matters, which is what happens on the field. When that happens, and the season is out, whatever that outcome is, I think we will be in a better place to cast judgement on what just happened.

@Sunflash: noe that makes a lot of sense and I agree.

Im very disappointed, i dont like Mou and his style but i have not once asked him to get sack. He is working on his project and delivered some good result.

I do think he needs to change, A LOT. Less ego and those stupid excuses or off the field bullshit.

Completely agree with: we dont get to call what happened to Sevilla tragedy and to Liverpool master class. This is my whole point in the other thread about utra defend & counter tactic. I just never considered those as master class. Its a safe defensive tactic. Prefer by some and hate by others. Pick one otherwise that would be hypocrite. Btw, i have to stress I hate to see us playing this football. I really hate it

What happened next with his interview was stupid. I hope he shut up and fix things which he sure can if he focuses.

We have the FA cup. Lets nail that

• History

Im very disappointed, i dont like Mou and his style but i have not once asked him to get sack. He is working on his project and delivered some good result.

I do think he needs to change, A LOT. Less ego and those stupid excuses or off the field bullshit.

Completely agree with: we dont get to call what happened to Sevilla tragedy and to Liverpool master class. This is my whole point in the other thread about utra defend & counter tactic. I just never considered those as master class. Its a safe defensive tactic. Prefer by some and hate by others.

What happened next with his interview was stupid. I hope he shut up and fix things which he sure can if he focuses

Completely agree with: we dont get to call what happened to Sevilla tragedy and to Liverpool master class. This is my whole point in the other thread about utra defend & counter tactic. I just never considered those as master class. Its a safe defensive tactic. Prefer by some and hate by others. Pick one otherwise that would be hypocrite. Btw, i have to stress I hate to see us playing this football. I really hate it

What happened next with his interview was stupid. I hope he shut up and fix things which he sure can if he focuses