Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United Sign Romelu Lukaku!
TheGame 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
A further announcement will be made in due course.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

My current strongest line-up is as follows:
enter image description here

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shows that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season.

"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

"

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

Comments
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@emo

I agree because Conte has similar style of football to Mourinho . Every player needs to work hard and any slacking will undermine 3-4-3 set up .

Lukaku has better scoring rate than Morata . However , Morata has proven himself more in big games . Price should be same . 15 million more is Reals wet dreaming . Plus real is also pressured by Morata rebellious attitude and his agent for not playing him so it is not only Chelsea who benefits from the transfer .

quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Morata did never led the line so far that's what I would be afraid of

• History

Morata did never lead the line so far that's what I would be afraid of

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Lukaku scored 25 goals and got everton only 7 points, that is shocking and i really think chelsea dodged a bullet.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

How the hell is Morata valued at 80+ million? He played the second fiddle at both Juventus and Real Madrid. Even in todays market, that's absolutely fucking ridiculous.

TheGame 7 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

I agree that we overpaid for this player, but Chelsea also matched United's offer, except that they couldn't match the offer of Rooney. He would've fit Conte's 3-4-3 very well. For United, he will bring goals, because of much better service in the form of Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Herrera, etc. all looking to find him in the final third. We had problems scoring against smaller teams last year, something Lukaku has an easy time with. In conclusion, at the end of the day, this is a Mourinho signing. Let's not forget that. He is a good fit for United the way we're playing. Morata was riskier. Sure last year he did very well, but he was in a champions league winning team. Chances come in abundance. He scored more than Benzema but couldn't displace him. That should tell you something. The two seasons he spent at Juve, got 27 goals in 93 games. I am not saying he isn't a good player. But that the Lukaku deal represented so much more for United.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think either Lukaku or Morata are as good as advertised but I sure as hell would rather have the former.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

My feelings were torn over when Lukaku looked to join Chelsea. Costa seemed to want to leave, and there really weren't that many good alternatives out there. Lukaku is a solid player. Awful touch though. But he'll score plenty and I'm pretty sure he'll end up being a decent signing. But no way he's worth 70m or anything even close to that sum.

On op's note, no way Spurs or Pool are favorites to win EPL next season. Spurs at Wembley and Pool not up for it. City, Chelsea, and United are so far favorites but we'll see in 2 months when the last signing is done.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Thoughts about Icardi, guys?

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

He had a pretty good season, but I don't see him move, more realistic is probably Belotti, but he won't be cheaper than 90M as well..

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@JuanMata10 He's good but he lack a bit of experience imo. I think he could use a few more year at Inter and use being called up to the national team a few time before being targeted by the biggest team in England. However, he did some pretty controversial thing in his personal life to a team mate of his and I never will be able to truly appreciate him cause of that. I guess I just don't like his attitude, thats all. But thats not the problem about him, the problem is his over £90M release clause and the fact Inter have no intention of selling him, there cheaper option with more experience out there.

@quikzyyy Indeed, he is propably not moving and be wary of any rumors linking him to another team, its propably just his wife negotiating a bigger contract for him with Inter like she did last time around.

• History

@JuanMata10 He's good but he lack a bit of experience imo. I think he could use a few more year at Inter and use being called up to the national team a few time before being targeted by the biggest team in England. However, he did some pretty controversial thing in his personal life to a team mate of his and I never will be able to truly appreciate him cause of that. I guess I just don't like his attitude, thats all. But thats not the problem about him, the problem is his over £90M release clause and the fact Inter have no intention of selling him, there cheaper option with more experience out there.

@quikzyyy Indeed, he is propably not moving and be wary of any rumors linking him to another team, its propably just his wife negotiating a bigger contract for him with Inter.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

@
I don't understand how someone like Belotti who plays in small club in very uncompetitive league worth so much ..

I really don't want Chelsea taking such risks . We bought cost for half of that and he was CL finalist and La Liga winner .

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 I completely understand you don't Chelsea to pay so much for young striker who could flop in the PL and even I agree Belotti price is excesive but in Serie A defense, it is very competitive, actually less point between the first and second, and between second and third than in PL. :P Also, to make thing clear, Torino really want to conserve him, thats why he cost so much. Anyway, seem like Chelsea won't have a choice to pay a lot for their future striker and that it will have to be a bit of a gamble. Too bad price for forward is so crazy right now. :(

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Good signing in my opinion. Proven to score in the EPL. Fast enough for the style of play that looks to be mapping out. Strong enough to be that target. I agree and do wish his touch was better but he will have quality feeds from the team.

He is not worth that amount, but the market is rising for everyone.

Marcus2011 7 years ago Edited

Buying Seria A striker is a risk . We have been there before and other PL clubs were there too . They don't score much . If we do buy him , i hope to god I am wrong

• History

Buying Seria A striker is a risk . We have been there before and other PL clubs were there too . They don't score much . If we do buy him , i hope to god we are wrong

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Im not excited :(.

I just think he's not the type of MU's player... :( sometimes too selfish...

I hope he can prove doubter like me wrong.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tuan Hopefully, he will. ;)

Marcus2011 7 years ago

Hopefully he won't

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus XD Thats ain't very nice though, even if it make sense. :P But seriously mate, you are being super active recently, you are on fire. :D

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

If being nice was a requirement I would've been booted in my first week lol

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Be nice to moderator though. Just in case of. :P