Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United Sign Romelu Lukaku!
TheGame 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
A further announcement will be made in due course.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

My current strongest line-up is as follows:
enter image description here

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shows that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season.

"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

"

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

Comments
nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@chelsea8 well you do now anyway

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Always have ;)

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Er, I think they are all of the same quality to be fair, Lukaku as well, actually, Belotti and Morata wouldn't be a good immediate signing since they would need adaptation time. Auba would propably need some as well to be fair but I can't it wouldn't be good, its Aubameyang. :)

@nigelpayne I agree mate, even if they didn't wanted him, now that he signed for United, he is being seriously trolled by Chelsea fan. A bit of a shame and a lack of class from Chelsea fan but who know, maybe some United fan are also rubbing it in. Hard to know who started it to be fair.

Edit: Also, some thing Chelsea8 said about Lukaku on another thread:

Can't see him go to liverpool or united, maybe chelsea in the summer when costa leaves to atletico.

And, about being said a player don't usually rejoin a club that sold him:

mourinho didn't want him at chelsea and mourinho is gone now and chelsea is his favorite club.

So yeah, it would be lie to say you were alway against the idea of having him back. :P

• History

@Chelsea8 Er, I think they are all of the same quality to be fair, Lukaku as well, actually, Belotti and Morata wouldn't be a good immediate signing since they would need adaptation time. Auba would propably need some as well to be fair but I can't it wouldn't be good, its Aubameyang. :)

@nigelpayne I agree mate, even if they didn't wanted him, now that he signed for United, he is being seriously trolled by Chelsea fan. A bit of a shame and a lack of class from Chelsea fan but who know, maybe some United fan are also rubbing it in. Hart to know who beginned to be fair.

@nigelpayne I agree mate, even if they didn't wanted him, now that he signed for United, he is being seriously trolled by Chelsea fan. A bit of a shame and a lack of class from Chelsea fan but who know, maybe some United fan are also rubbing it in. Hart to know who beginned to be fair.

Edit: Also, some thing Chelsea8 said about Lukaku on another thread:

Can't see him go to liverpool or united, maybe chelsea in the summer when costa leaves to atletico.

And, about being said a player don't usually rejoin a club that sold him:

mourinho didn't want him at chelsea and mourinho is gone now and chelsea is his favorite club.

So yeah, it would be lie to say you were alway against the idea of having him back. :P

Marcus2011 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Good point and you are right . We kind of wanted him back but not to the point of desperation , not for that price and even then for me personally it is like ehh i would prefer someone else instead . You just don't talk to most Chelsea fans and come up with assumptions .

• History

Good point and you are right . We kind of wanted him back but to the point of desperation , not for that price and even then for me personally it is like ehh i would prefer someone else instead . You just need don't talk to Chelsea fans and come up with assumptions .

Good point and you are right . We kind of wanted him back but not to the point of desperation , not for that price and even then for me personally it is like ehh i would prefer someone else instead . You just need don't talk to Chelsea fans and come up with assumptions .

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Thats true, most Chelsea did seem to feel a bit unsure about overpaying for him, so I guess he is making a good point. +1

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I would venture to guess Chelsea had a buy back clause in Lukaku so they would have never had to pay 75mil. But it's just me guessing since Chelsea has done it in the past and I'm sure the board wouldn't have wanted to repeat the De Bruyne situation.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think anyone was eager for lukaku to be back at Chelsea tbh and i was kinda glad we didn't sign him.
We have been linked to morata, aguero, belotti and aubameyang and i think they are all better than lukaku

Uh huh.

We kind of wanted him back but not to the point of desperation , not for that price and even then for me personally it is like ehh i would prefer someone else instead . You just don't talk to most Chelsea fans and come up with assumptions .

I'd agree more with that. You're always going to have your crazies who hype up players when strong rumors gather about a potential transfer. Lukaku is a great player for sure, and the only real EPL proven out-and-out striker that's available (good luck getting Spurs to budge on Kane). I'd take him over Morata/Auba/Belotti. Aguero...I don't think qualifies as available.

I would venture to guess Chelsea had a buy back clause in Lukaku so they would have never had to pay 75mil.

I highly doubt that. Otherwise it would've been worth bringing him back just to sell him on, like Real seem to be doing with Morata and what Barca have done with Denis Suarez. If I were a player (or even an agent) I wouldn't allow big clubs to put buy-back clauses into contracts for that reason alone.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

I didn't want him back lmao i was just accepting it because let's face it everyone thought he would be a chelsea player.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Fair enough. ;)

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

You just don't talk to most Chelsea fans and come up with assumptions .

Apparently you just don't pay attention to what your actual club wants.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jul/07/chelsea-romelu-lukaku-antonio-conte-manchester-united

Here are some fun quotes:

All summer the assumption had been that the Belgian’s innate desire to return to Stamford Bridge would be key to securing him from Everton.

But somehow, maybe as a result of complacency on Chelsea’s part, or, as the club would have us believe, upon the advice and influence of the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, they have been bypassed.

There may be public attempts to deflect blame for this failure over the weeks ahead, and an insistence that the man they do end up signing for a huge sum to replace Diego Costa – Real Madrid’s Álvaro Morata, Andrea Belotti from Torino, or even an Alexis Sánchez or Sergio Agüero from a direct Premier League rival – had always been their first choice. But the reality is Antonio Conte had been pinning his hopes on Lukaku leading the line.

Those reports in Belgium, that the Chelsea manager had been in regular contact with the Everton forward over recent weeks detailing his tactics for next season and making plain just how key he considered Lukaku to his game-plan, have never been contested. The player himself expected to return to south-west London. The manager anticipated welcoming him back into the fold.

But hey. Who needs facts when you can lie to yourself on an internet forum. :)

• History

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jul/07/chelsea-romelu-lukaku-antonio-conte-manchester-united

All summer the assumption had been that the Belgian’s innate desire to return to Stamford Bridge would be key to securing him from Everton.

But somehow, maybe as a result of complacency on Chelsea’s part, or, as the club would have us believe, upon the advice and influence of the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, they have been bypassed.

There may be public attempts to deflect blame for this failure this failure over the weeks ahead, and an insistence that the man they do end up signing for a huge sum to replace Diego Costa – Real Madrid’s Álvaro Morata, Andrea Belotti from Torino, or even an Alexis Sánchez or Sergio Agüero from a direct Premier League rival – had always been their first choice. But the reality is Antonio Conte had been pinning his hopes on Lukaku leading the line.

Those reports in Belgium, that the Chelsea manager had been in regular contact with the Everton forward over recent weeks detailing his tactics for next season and making plain just how key he considered Lukaku to his game-plan, have never been contested. The player himself expected to return to south-west London. The manager anticipated welcoming him back into the fold.

There may be public attempts to deflect blame for this failure this failure over the weeks ahead, and an insistence that the man they do end up signing for a huge sum to replace Diego Costa – Real Madrid’s Álvaro Morata, Andrea Belotti from Torino, or even an Alexis Sánchez or Sergio Agüero from a direct Premier League rival – had always been their first choice. But the reality is Antonio Conte had been pinning his hopes on Lukaku leading the line.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Yes because everything you read on the internet is true because some random journo said so

Lukaku also said in an interview months ago that he already knew where he was going so i don't think conte was in contacts with him or he is a lying bastard which i doubt.

• History

Yes because everything you read on the internet is true because some random journo said so

Oh that's RIGHT, I forgot, you know so much more about this than an actual well-respected newspaper, and they clearly couldn't know what they are talking about because it contradicts your immature bullsh.it...

What's life like on Planet Denial?

http://www.espnfc.us/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/3155525/chelsea-rocked-by-lukaku-rejection-as-conte-searches-for-costa-replacement

Oh dear.

• History

Oh that's RIGHT, you know so much more about this than an actual well-respected newspaper, and they clearly couldn't know what they are talking about because it contradicts your immature bullsh.it.

I forgot.

so i don't think conte was in contacts with him or he is a lying bastard which i doubt.

I don't care what you think, because you're just some nobody on an internet forum who is lying about what country he comes from. Here, let's ask ESPN whether or not they agree with you:

http://www.espnfc.us/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/3155525/chelsea-rocked-by-lukaku-rejection-as-conte-searches-for-costa-replacement

Oh dear.

Oh that's RIGHT, you know so much more about this than an actual well-respected newspaper, and they clearly couldn't know what they are talking about because it contradicts your immature bullsh.it.

I forgot.

so i don't think conte was in contacts with him or he is a lying bastard which i doubt.

I don't care what you think, because you're just a nobody on an internet forum who can't even tell the truth about about what country he comes from. Here, let's ask ESPN whether or not they agree with you:

Oh dear.

Oh that's RIGHT, I forgot, you know so much more about this than an actual well-respected newspaper, and they clearly couldn't know what they are talking about because it contradicts your immature bullsh.it...

What's life like on Planet Denial?

I don't care what you think, because you're just a nobody on an internet forum who can't even tell the truth about about what country he comes from. Here, let's ask ESPN whether or not they agree with you:

Oh dear.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Lodatz Don't get personal mate.

Marcus2011 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Lodatz Not to wave with my c*ck around here but i have been Chelsea member for quiet sometime outside of this forum , i am part of the Chelsea fan group ( not a firm , those are too much to keep up ) as well who are closely tied to the club and some key people . Not claiming that i get all the insights but i do know plenty about my club and what my fellow fans in general think . I see you really got pissed off ! Good let the hate flow through you , feel the force of being put in place ;)

• History

Lodatz , you sound pathetic . Not to wave with my c*ck around here but i have been Chelsea member for quiet sometime , i am part of the Chelsea fan group ( not a firm , those are too much to keep up ) as well who are closely tied to the club and some key people . Not claiming that i get all the insights but i do know plenty about my club and what my fellow fans in general think . I see you really got pissed off ! Good let the hate flow through you , feel the force of being put in place ;)

Lodatz , you sound pathetic . Not to wave with my c*ck around here but i have been Chelsea member for quiet sometime outside of this forum , i am part of the Chelsea fan group ( not a firm , those are too much to keep up ) as well who are closely tied to the club and some key people . Not claiming that i get all the insights but i do know plenty about my club and what my fellow fans in general think . I see you really got pissed off ! Good let the hate flow through you , feel the force of being put in place ;)

@Emrecan_58: Why didn't you tell them that? I don't like very much being treated like that.

Shouldn't you be telling chelsea8 to stop being personal?

Edit. I see that someone has been taking out the insulting content. Thank you, and I will comply.

• History

@Emrecan_58: Why didn't you tell them that? I don't like very much being treated like that.

@chelsea8:

Oh yes i rather listen to the player himself than a 40 year old virgin on footyroom lmao.

Yeah okay I'll laugh about that with my wife later tonight when we're dipping in the hot-tub. Would you like me to take a picture of it?

Come back to me when you can say anything about the news media other than: "nu-uh",

Hey Emrecan_58, shouldn't you be telling chelsea8 to stop being personal?

Shouldn't you be telling chelsea8 to stop being personal?

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@chelsea8 @Lodatz @Marcus Please all of you calm down. This getting too far mates. :U Not even on-topic anymore, after all, this wasn't about "Chelsea fan deception at not getting Lukaku" or "the fact they don't care".

• History

@chelsea8 @Lodatz @Marcus Please all of you calm down. This getting too far mates. :U Not even on-topic anymore, after, this wasn't about "Chelsea fan deception at not getting Lukaku" or "the fact they don't care".

@Marcus:

Lodatz , you sound pathetic

Hey Emrecan, can you tell this guy to stop being personal, please?

Not to wave with my c*ck around here but i have been Chelsea member for quiet sometime outside of this forum

That's nice. Am I supposed to care?

Not claiming that i get all the insights but i do know plenty about my club and what my fellow fans in general think .

Well then why don't you know that Chelsea (that is: Conte) were hoping to get Lukaku for their long-term future, when multiple news sources knew this? Why don't you know that Chelsea tried to match the 75m bid from United, because Conte wanted him so badly? Why don't you want what Conte wants? He just won you the title with a team that came 10th the year before.

Why have you been dissing and trashing a player who is fantastic, just because you didn't get him after all? That doesn't sound like a fan who knows what he is talking about, that sounds like a child who is throwing a tantrum.

If this is what you guys have been like lately, then I don't blame everyone else for piling in about Chelsea fans. One title won by having a vacation from European football, and you guys all think your co.cks are 12" long.

That's fine. I won't bother to stand up for you this time. :)

I see you really got pissed off !

Well, no. You see, you just gave me something to do for my afternoon toke. :)

Oh, do get back to me when you can prove what I'm supposedly wrong about...

• History

@Marcus:

Lodatz , you sound pathetic

Hey Emrecan, can you tell this guy to stop being personal, please?

Not to wave with my c*ck around here but i have been Chelsea member for quiet sometime outside of this forum

That's nice. Am I supposed to care?

Not claiming that i get all the insights but i do know plenty about my club and what my fellow fans in general think .

Well then why don't you know that Chelsea (that is: Conte) were hoping to get Lukaku for their long-term future, when multiple news sources knew this? Why don't you know that Chelsea tried to match the 75m bid from United, because Conte wanted him so badly? Why don't you want what Conte wants? He just won you the title with a team that came 10th the year before.

Why have you been dissing and trashing a player who is fantastic, just because you didn't get him after all? That doesn't sound like a fan who knows what he is talking about, that sounds like a child who is throwing a tantrum.

If this is what you guys have been like lately, then I don't blame everyone else for piling in about Chelsea fans. One title won by having a vacation from European football, and you guys all think your co.cks are 12' long.

That's fine. I won't bother to stand up for you this time. :)

I see you really got pissed off !

Well, no. You see, you just gave me something to do for my afternoon toke. :)

Oh, do get back to me when you can prove what I'm supposedly wrong about...

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Lodatz Comments have been deleted or edited now. Why I didn't warn chelsea8 is because I didn't see him telling something like "you're just a nobody on an internet forum who can't even tell the truth about about what country he comes from." Involving the country thingy is kinda personal.

Lodatz 7 years ago

Fair enough. I apologize to him about that country remark, and will drop it.

Thank you for cleaning up the thread.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Why don't you know that Chelsea tried to match the 75m bid from United, because Conte wanted him so badly? Why don't you want what Conte wants? He just won you the title with a team that came 10th the year before.

My take on this is that Lukaku was no doubt a chelsea target because he was probably the best and most available alternative. It was quite clear he was about to leave everton.

Doesn't mean Chelsea does not want Auba, Belotti, Aguero or Morata just as much.

As a fan I'd prefer Auba, Belotti or Morata before Lukaku. But I would certainly not mind having him in the Chelsea team as he fits the profile of our big guys strikers up front.

Honestly think Lukaku's agent Mineolas ridicolous cut and Chelsea's resistance of paying it was what made Lukaku end up in United.