Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United Sign Romelu Lukaku!
TheGame 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
A further announcement will be made in due course.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

My current strongest line-up is as follows:
enter image description here

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shows that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season.

"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

"

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Heard somewhere Morata will stay at Madrid for now. Anyone know if there's any truth to this? Could make the scene a bit different for Chelsea.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Lukaka is a good player and me who is an iranian(persian ethnicity) who was born in belgium wish him all the best and hope that united fans enjoy him! He is young and already a goal scoring machine.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The key is the oportunity to work with Lukaku and improve his game, United can make him a better player.
Right now he can score alot of goals but if he can learn to hold up the ball and develop just some nice touch to his game, 25% like Berbatov and 25% like Ibrahimovic had, he will be a great target man for the club.

• History

The key is the oportunity to work with Lukaku and improve his game, United can make him a better player.
Right now he can score alot of goals but if he can learn to hold up the ball and develop just some nice touch to his game, 25% like Berbatov and 25% like Ibrahimovic had he will be a great target man for the club.

TheGame 7 years ago

Why don't you know that Chelsea tried to match the 75m bid from United, because Conte wanted him so badly?

And that is the crux of it. Chelsea absolutely wanted him and they were willing to pay as much as United. They just couldn't convince Lukaku to come. Year after year I keep thinking Chelsea fans (especially the ones on this forum) would change but they consistently prove me wrong, believing these crazy, fantastical made-up theories at the expense of reality. Whether it's oh Falcao will come and score 30+ goals for us or Pato will redevelop himself and become prolific once again. It's the same story over and over. Why don't you lot get your sports journalism degrees, go out and personally interview Conte himself, then come and report to the rest of the world with a straight face that he did not want him all along. Or better yet, do some retroactive research to realize that the majority of your fanbase were dying to see Lukaku come to the Bridge again. Too bad. He chose the Reds. Just accept you got strategically outplayed in the transfer market.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@TheGame Well its too bad for the majority of the Chelsea fanbase who were dying to see him back at the Bridge, thats for sure. But it seems like most of the Chelsea fan on FR are ok with it, so I'm in all, I'm just happy everyone here is fine with it. ;)

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Actually no most of the cfc didn't want him back, i follow alot of chelsea pages on social media and done my research.

A month ago lukaku gave an interview where he said that he already knew where he was going and then went to LA with pogba.

Chelsea matched the 75 million bid but didn't want to pay raiola agent fees and we didn't have a rooney as a gift for everton.

I don't understand why people with no research tell other people to do research, makes no sense. No body made up theories, if you follow the reliable sources like di marzio, bbc, sky sport then you would know this.

United didn't win this, they just wanted lukaku more, payed more and were already in contacts with lukaku like HE HIMSELF stated! It's you guys who need to do some research, done with this bs.

nigelpayne 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 15 484

@messi try to keep your comment lukaku-to-united related

if u have a problem with 1 of the mods then u can post it on his wall

regarding Lukaku's move: now we have him i cant see us with 1 of the other strikers mentioned in his place although i would have been open to any proven striker at the time...no doubt when chelsea sign auba/aguero or anyone else they will struggle to see their team with lukaku

it is genuinely interesting how once you have signed a player all the other alternatives seem like they would never have fitted in

• History

@messi try to keep your comment lukaku-to-united related

if u have a problem with 1 of the mods then u can post it on his wall

regarding Lukaku's move: now we have him i cant see us with 1 of the other strikers mentioned in his place although i would have been open to any proven striker at the time...no doubt when chelsea sign auba/aguero or anyone else they will struggle to see their team with lukaku

it is genuinely interesting how once you have signed a player all the other alternatives seem like they would never fit in

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

What Chelsea8 said. Chelsea wasn't outplayed in the transfermarket. United paid more, had Rooney to bargain with, and were wiling to pay Mino Raiolas ridcolous cut. Regarding what Chelsea fans thought on having Lukaku back. As I said, most fans like me would rather see Auba in Chelsea rather than Lukaku. With that said. Lukaku is a great signing. Anyways, here are the sources (From The shed and Reddit r/chelsea that are the biggest chelsea fan base forums) that I hope will settle that discussion.

From 10 days ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/6lzm8w/lukaku_vs_morata_megabrawl/

Quotes:

"Would rather have a Costa that wanted to stay."

"As that's not the case, I don't believe either of them are worth the
money and think we should give Batshuayi a chance if we are being
asked to spend anywhere near that kind of money for them. ( I know
nothing about Belotti so maybe he is the answer, but I don't know.)"

"Can any Lukaku fanatic explain to me why you wanted him so much in
the first place? Do you really feel he suited our style of football?
How so? Not looking for an argument, genuinely want your (intelligent)
opinion on how/why he would have suited our team. "

"Can we please just splash the cash on Morata? He has proved at two
MASSIVE clubs that he can deliver when called upon. He's craving
regular minutes at a big club. We are top club with a vacancy for a
top striker. I don't get what the hang up is. He needs a club like us
and we need a player like him. Make it happen, Roman!"

"Genuinely feel better about Morata rather than Lukaku. While I do
like Lukaku's goal scoring ability, he never seems focused or willing
to put in the extra mile when he is on the field. Also, he would have
a steep learning curve in getting used to Conte's play while Morata
would be able to slip right in due to his relationship with Antonio.
Also, after watching the footage, it is clear that Morata is the more
exciting player."

From 1 month ago (Was pinned): https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/6fpg8g/lukaku_discussion_thread/

Quotes:

"He's not top class and will disappoint. I hope i eat these words."

"If Costa doesn't want to be here, then tell me which of the three
strikers really available right now you would take? Lukaku, Morata or
Belotti? All are young, have lots of talent and huge careers still
ahead of them. The difference? Lukaku already has nearly 200 PL
appearances and is one of only 5 players to score 50 PL goals under
the age of 23. Already nearly 60 caps for his national team as well. I
agree we have a right to be scared given what happened in summer 2015,
but good god, relax. Signing Lukaku isn't the worst thing in the world
like you lot are making it out to be. "

"The discussion seems so rational in here..... Personally think he's a
great striker but if we are replacing Costa with Lukaku it will prove
to be downgrade comparing both their experiences in UCL..."

"FFS for 100 million can't we just buy dybala, griezmann or muller?
I'd even take Icardi, mandzukic or mario Gomez over lukaku... believe
me lukaku cannot play on the same level as hazard and Willian... he
just can't"

"Griezmann has a release clause of about 86"

From 4 months ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/5z4kmr/lukaku_refuse_to_sign_new_contract_he_wants_to/

Quotes:

"I'd prefer we keep Diego and use the money to strengthen the squad
elsewhere. However if Diego leaves, this would be a solid replacement.
I really don't know how they'd work on the pitch together, but in
Conte we trust."

"Bring him back. He's already an excellent striker. Working with Conte
and with Henry in the national team will only make him even better.
He's just 23 and has goalscoring record is ridiculous"

"I'm not a big fan of Lukaku but any sane person will admit he's
really good. Though I much much rather keep Costa."

"I love big Rom and would welcome him with open arms but ultimately,
he would not be that great in a huge portion of our matches. He is
great when he can make runs but he is just not effective against team
that turtle up on us. Would also cost a ton of money so I'm quite
conflicted :/"

"It's okay to be critical of his game, because he's far from a
complete striker. But who else would you rather buy?

Rom is a physical freak and has been banging in regular goals in the
PL for 3 years already. All the other areas of his game that are
supposedly sub-par can be coached. Seems like y'all always overlook
that whole coaching thing. Plus, he's a huge Chelsea fan. I never want
to lose Diego, but it's gonna happen sooner or later. If there's one
striker I'd want to replace him, it's definitely Rom. This is assuming
Costa leaves"

"In my opinion, his hold up play is good but his first touch is
horrible and can't play a pass. Our build up play would suffer. Also
don't see any aggression from him when trying to recover balls "

"No no and NO! I always hated his attitude. He's good but NOT top
tier." "I'm so torn when it comes to Lukaku. Its frustrating watching
him play a lot of the times, as his link up play and overall
involvement can be pretty poor. And then you see these insane stats
and can hardly believe at the numbers he's producing. I rather have a
more skilled player in that number 9 roll next year, Alvaro Morata
comes to mind."

From shedend:

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/29509-romelu-lukaku/

quotes:

"This probably deserves its own thread after his comments the other
day where he hinted he may return Chelsea. Whether it happens or not
is anyone's guess. I don't think we will cough up the rumoured fee
(65m) and as we know, Everton can be stubborn pr*cks at the best of
times, so this deal may be difficult to get over the line. I've read a
few forums and Facebook comments and about 90% of Chelsea fans don't
want him back. I sit in the 10%. This guy is a beast. His goal-scoring
record speaks for itself. He has speed, skill and power and is
unplayable on his day. He will be world class in a year or two. I hope
we go hard for him. Thoughts?"

"He is a beast, but I'd only consider getting him if Costa is leaving,
otherwise there isn't much point. Also we sold him for 28m less than 2
years ago, buying him back for 65m seems a bit too much and I wouldn't
be too happy with that price. The only player we've let go of in
recent years, that I'd love to have back would be KDB."

"I think his comments the other day are one of the things I dislike
about him. Seems to enjoy his own press."

"His attitude along with some other Belgians is exactly why they won't
even win a major tournament with this generation. Too much self
loving, not enough leadership."

"I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say his attitude
maybe down to age as he is still only 23 but also the fact he has a
bit of an ego doesn't bother me hugely as I believe he starting to
back it up season on season. I think he'll only get better and with a
bit of service and a point to prove who knows?....Saying that north of
£50m seems f**king steep but hey when have prices made sense?!"

• History

What Chelsea8 said. Chelsea wasn't outplayed in the transfermarket. United paid more, had Rooney to bargain with, and were wiling to pay Mino Raiolas ridcolous cut.

Regarding what Chelsea fans thought on having Lukaku back. As I said, most fans like me would rather see Auba in Chelsea rather than Lukaku. With that said. Lukaku is a great signing.

Anyways, here are the sources (From The shed and Reddit r/chelsea that are the biggest chelsea fan base forums):

below all big threads about lukaky from r/chelsea:

From 10 days ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/6lzm8w/lukaku_vs_morata_megabrawl/

Quotes:

Would rather have a Costa that wanted to stay.

"As that's not the case, I don't believe either of them are worth the money and think we should give Batshuayi a chance if we are being asked to spend anywhere near that kind of money for them. ( I know nothing about Belotti so maybe he is the answer, but I don't know.)"

"Can any Lukaku fanatic explain to me why you wanted him so much in the first place? Do you really feel he suited our style of football? How so? Not looking for an argument, genuinely want your (intelligent) opinion on how/why he would have suited our team. "

"Can we please just splash the cash on Morata? He has proved at two MASSIVE clubs that he can deliver when called upon. He's craving regular minutes at a big club. We are top club with a vacancy for a top striker. I don't get what the hang up is. He needs a club like us and we need a player like him. Make it happen, Roman!"

"Genuinely feel better about Morata rather than Lukaku. While I do like Lukaku's goal scoring ability, he never seems focused or willing to put in the extra mile when he is on the field. Also, he would have a steep learning curve in getting used to Conte's play while Morata would be able to slip right in due to his relationship with Antonio. Also, after watching the footage, it is clear that Morata is the more exciting player."

From 1 month ago (Was pinned): https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/6fpg8g/lukaku_discussion_thread/

Quotes:
"He's not top class and will disappoint. I hope i eat these words."

"If Costa doesn't want to be here, then tell me which of the three strikers really available right now you would take? Lukaku, Morata or Belotti? All are young, have lots of talent and huge careers still ahead of them. The difference? Lukaku already has nearly 200 PL appearances and is one of only 5 players to score 50 PL goals under the age of 23. Already nearly 60 caps for his national team as well. I agree we have a right to be scared given what happened in summer 2015, but good god, relax. Signing Lukaku isn't the worst thing in the world like you lot are making it out to be. "

"The discussion seems so rational in here..... Personally think he's a great striker but if we are replacing Costa with Lukaku it will prove to be downgrade comparing both their experiences in UCL..."

"FFS for 100 million can't we just buy dybala, griezmann or muller? I'd even take Icardi, mandzukic or mario Gomez over lukaku... believe me lukaku cannot play on the same level as hazard and Willian... he just can't"

"Griezmann has a release clause of about 86"

From 4 months ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/5z4kmr/lukaku_refuse_to_sign_new_contract_he_wants_to/

Quotes:
"I'd prefer we keep Diego and use the money to strengthen the squad elsewhere. However if Diego leaves, this would be a solid replacement. I really don't know how they'd work on the pitch together, but in Conte we trust."

"Bring him back. He's already an excellent striker. Working with Conte and with Henry in the national team will only make him even better. He's just 23 and has goalscoring record is ridiculous"

"I'm not a big fan of Lukaku but any sane person will admit he's really good. Though I much much rather keep Costa."

"I love big Rom and would welcome him with open arms but ultimately, he would not be that great in a huge portion of our matches. He is great when he can make runs but he is just not effective against team that turtle up on us. Would also cost a ton of money so I'm quite conflicted :/"

"It's okay to be critical of his game, because he's far from a complete striker. But who else would you rather buy?

Rom is a physical freak and has been banging in regular goals in the PL for 3 years already. All the other areas of his game that are supposedly sub-par can be coached. Seems like y'all always overlook that whole coaching thing. Plus, he's a huge Chelsea fan. I never want to lose Diego, but it's gonna happen sooner or later. If there's one striker I'd want to replace him, it's definitely Rom. This is assuming Costa leaves"

"In my opinion, his hold up play is good but his first touch is horrible and can't play a pass. Our build up play would suffer. Also don't see any aggression from him when trying to recover balls "

"No no and NO! I always hated his attitude. He's good but NOT top tier."
"I'm so torn when it comes to Lukaku. Its frustrating watching him play a lot of the times, as his link up play and overall involvement can be pretty poor. And then you see these insane stats and can hardly believe at the numbers he's producing. I rather have a more skilled player in that number 9 roll next year, Alvaro Morata comes to mind."

From shedend:
http://www.theshedend.com/topic/29509-romelu-lukaku/

quotes:
"

"This probably deserves its own thread after his comments the other day where he hinted he may return Chelsea. Whether it happens or not is anyone's guess. I don't think we will cough up the rumoured fee (65m) and as we know, Everton can be stubborn pr*cks at the best of times, so this deal may be difficult to get over the line. I've read a few forums and Facebook comments and about 90% of Chelsea fans don't want him back. I sit in the 10%. This guy is a beast. His goal-scoring record speaks for itself. He has speed, skill and power and is unplayable on his day. He will be world class in a year or two. I hope we go hard for him. Thoughts?"

"He is a beast, but I'd only consider getting him if Costa is leaving, otherwise there isn't much point. Also we sold him for 28m less than 2 years ago, buying him back for 65m seems a bit too much and I wouldn't be too happy with that price. The only player we've let go of in recent years, that I'd love to have back would be KDB."

"I think his comments the other day are one of the things I dislike about him. Seems to enjoy his own press."

"His attitude along with some other Belgians is exactly why they won't even win a major tournament with this generation. Too much self loving, not enough leadership."

"I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and say his attitude maybe down to age as he is still only 23 but also the fact he has a bit of an ego doesn't bother me hugely as I believe he starting to back it up season on season. I think he'll only get better and with a bit of service and a point to prove who knows?....Saying that north of £50m seems f**king steep but hey when have prices made sense?!"

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@ktbff i deidnt read all through the whole lot because it really is quite a lot but reading the first line of each persons comment gives an idea to where each person stands on the matter

i think its clear from what you posted that 4 months ago the majority where looking to lukaku as a replacement and would have been happy to have him. would you agree with that?

then by 1 month ago clearly everyone was considering other options. I have no idea the answer to my next question but someone could no doubt help. when did united take an active public stance on seriously looking to buy lukaku? Could it have been around that 1 month ago mark?

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@TheGame apart from that most of the over paid players at United were basically a flops then I don't know who needs a reality check :) United has been wasting lots and lots of money in the market the past years and yet they can't win the League. From the comments I posted here I don't see where it's not a fact. But oh well. Everyone have their own opinion on each matter.

active stance? prob before that. When did the public know? A few days before the signing. I mean, did united fans believe that Lukaku would sign for United a month ago when he went on that vacation with pogba? Don't think so. And mind you, a month ago chelsea were still considered BIG favorites to land Lukaku. Furthermore, the shedend thread is 2 months old.

Lukaku wasn't a serious alternative for Chelsea 4 months ago. But, at that time it was evident that he was going to leave Everton, thus the discussion. Lukaku became a serious alternative to Costa (for the fans) as soon as it was revealed Costa had a (2nd) big fight with Conte, which was like a month, maybe 2 months ago.

Anyways, back to the 4 months old thread on Lukaku. The general concensus was that he's good (good hold up play, impressive built). although far from as good as Costa (bad first touch, bad ball movement). But if Costa was to leave he'd be one of few alternatives. (Don't think anyone had Auba on their minds then, because at the time he wasn't close to being available). Overall, a very mixed opinion on Lukaku then.

• History

active stance? prob before that. When did the public know?`A few days before that.

Lukaku wasn't a serious alternative for Chelsea 4 months ago. But, at that time it was evident that he was going to leave Everton, thus the discussion. Lukaku became a serious alternative to Costa (for the fans) as soon as it was revealed Costa had a (2nd) big fight with Conte, which was like a month, maybe 2 months ago.

Anyways, back to the 4 months old thread on Lukaku. The general concensus was that he's good (good hold up play, impressive built). although far from as good as Costa (bad first touch, bad ball movement). But if Costa was to leave he'd be one of few alternatives. (Don't think anyone had Auba on their minds then, because at the time he wasn't close to being available). Overall, a very mixed opinion on Lukaku then.

active stance? prob before that. When did the public know? A few days before that. and mind you, a month ago chelsea were still considered BIG favorites to land Lukaku.

active stance? prob before that. When did the public know? A few days before the signing. and mind you, a month ago chelsea were still considered BIG favorites to land Lukaku.

active stance? prob before that. When did the public know? A few days before the signing. and mind you, a month ago chelsea were still considered BIG favorites to land Lukaku. Furthermore, the shedend thread is 2 months old.

active stance? prob before that. When did the public know? A few days before the signing. I mean did united fans believe that Lukaku would sign for United a month ago when he went on that vacation with pogba? Donät think so. And mind you, a month ago chelsea were still considered BIG favorites to land Lukaku. Furthermore, the shedend thread is 2 months old.

active stance? prob before that. When did the public know? A few days before the signing. I mean, did united fans believe that Lukaku would sign for United a month ago when he went on that vacation with pogba? Donät think so. And mind you, a month ago chelsea were still considered BIG favorites to land Lukaku. Furthermore, the shedend thread is 2 months old.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

hahaha this lodatz mate . Why force yourself to poop something out to call it a fact just to be RIGHT and FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT ? Damn !

@alex

Thegame use to be one of those type of United fans mocking us for buying titles .. now irony has struck them and he still doesn't see it . Hey @thegame how is buying titles working out for ya mate ? Flopping a bit huh :)))

TheGame 7 years ago

Feels like I am being bombarded even though none of you guys contradicted what I said? Ok sure, I grant you that there were fans who didn't want the club to pay for Lukaku, but there were just as many of them who wanted Lukaku back. And this is pretty common in every transfer. There are people who agree and there are some dissenters. Now onto the main point. Conte*, your manager, not the fans, had plans to have him replace Costa next year. That cannot be argued against. Chelsea's first choice was Lukaku and they couldn't get him.

@messi, where is this insult you speak of? I've always clashed heads with these guys and they know we do it in a civil way. And by all means feel free to say whatever your heart desires about Man United. If you don't troll or violate forum rules, you should be golden my friend.

@Alex and @Marcus, every top club in England spends money these days bringing in top talent. What's your point and when did this come into discussion? The days of developing youth and building a team through your academy are long gone. And flops eh? Torres, Mutu, Veron? I try not to waste my time on these bait and switch tactics, but come on stay on topic.

Ok sure, I grant you that there were fans who didn't want the club to pay for Lukaku, but there were just as many of them who wanted Lukaku back.

Did you completely miss the point of my post? Half of the fan base, if not more, did not want him back. We can do the same with Morata, and see that the majority wanted him at Chelsea.

I for one, would not say no to Lukaku. Great player, great signing. But there are other equally good or perhaps better alternatives.

They just couldn't convince Lukaku to come..... Too bad. He chose the Reds. Just accept you got strategically outplayed in the transfer market.

This too has been explained.

Soo..

Feels like I am being bombarded even though none of you guys contradicted what I said?

Okay? What else can you refer to? Drogba vs Lukaku discussion? Okay.

Back to Drogba vs lukaku. If the discussion really is who were the better player at age 24, when Drogba still played in the lower leagues and hadn't made an impression yet. Then that's a fucking stupid comparison. If the discussion is if they're comparable already now.. Come on. Really?

• History

Ok sure, I grant you that there were fans who didn't want the club to pay for Lukaku, but there were just as many of them who wanted Lukaku back.

Did you completely miss the point of my post? Half of the fan base, if not more, did not want him back. We can do the same with Morata, and see that the majority wanted him at Chelsea.

I for one, would not say no to Lukaku. Great player, great signing. But there are other betetr alternatives.

They just couldn't convince Lukaku to come..... Too bad. He chose the Reds. Just accept you got strategically outplayed in the transfer market.

Soo..

Feels like I am being bombarded even though none of you guys contradicted what I said?

Okay?

Back to Drogba vs lukaku. If the discussion really is who were the better player at age 24, when Drogba still played in the lower leagues and hadn't made an impression yet. Then that's a fucking stupid comparison. If the discussion is if they're comparable already now.. Come on. Really?

I for one, would not say no to Lukaku. Great player, great signing. But there are other better alternatives.

Soo..

Okay? What else can you refer to? Drogba vs Lukaku discussion? Okay.

TheGame 7 years ago

@KTBF...., No I didn't miss the point of your post. Cherry-picking comments to come up with fake statistics doesn't constitute anything I would ever give credence to. Show me actual polling like this and then maybe I'll agree with you: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/is-romelu-lukaku-or-diego-costa-the-right-striker-for-chelsea-poll-of-the-day-a3308426.html

That's 4k votes and 68% of Chelsea fans wanted Lukaku back on June 31st of last year. Hmm I wonder what changed? Was it that he decided United were a better alternative? Or that maybe you guys are dismissing him now just as fast as you dismissed Mourinho's accomplishments when he left Chelsea? The similarities are striking.

If the discussion really is who were the better player at age 24, when Drogba still played in the lower leagues and hadn't made an impression yet. Then that's a fucking stupid comparison. If the discussion is if they're comparable already now.. Come on. Really?

Perhaps there is a reason why Drogba was still playing in the lower leagues at the age of 24. Opposite reason as to why Lukaku isn't still at Anderlecht. Do the math.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@the game

I am just saying times have changed at United and it is very ironic how it has changed . Nothing less or more .

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

@thegame for real? cherry picking comments? i povided the links. Go have a look for yourself.

Also, the post you provided. Lukakau was ever only going to happen would Diego move. So 28%. Okay. Furtermore, where are the other alternatives? morata? Auba? Belotti? You think it's weird Chelsea fans to switch Costa for Lukakau after he fought with our Conte? BAD STATS.

TheGame 7 years ago Edited

Lol ok. Bad stats because it doesn't prove your point. Fine, you guys never wanted Lukaku. You win, but only because I am done with this petty argument. United fans are ecstatic to have him at the Theatre though. Cherio.

• History

Lol ok. You guys never wanted Lukaku. You win, but only because I am done with this petty argument. United fans are ecstatic to have him at the Theatre. Cherio.

Lol ok. Bad stats because it doesn't prove your point.Fine, you guys never wanted Lukaku. You win, but only because I am done with this petty argument. United fans are ecstatic to have him at the Theatre though. Cherio.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

The fan base was split between Lukaku, Morata, Aubameyang and Belotti. The media always claimed that we were after Lukaku because of his links with the club. But, Conte always wanted Morata. We got Morata. Now we're all happy. End of story.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I must say, as little as I rate preseason, I've been very impressed with Lukaku, and even moreso pleased that he and Rashford are balling while on the pitch at the same time.