Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United vs Chelsea (EPL) Pre and Post Talk
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

Important game for both side this week-end.

• Manchester United will have to play Chelsea without either Mata, Smalling and Phil Jones, wich are all injured. This also mean Bailly and Rojo haven't had the chance to be rotated, there is a risk of them being weary because of the game against Anderlect. Both Herrera and Fellaini are expected to start.
  • Chelsea however doesn't have deal with any injury at the moment or with fatigue as they had plenty of time to rest.
  • At the end of the day, MU could really use a win here to keep the hope of a top four finish alife while Chelsea will do everything they can no to give any point to Tottenham this week-end and get closer to the title they crave so much.

I'm predicting a small win for Chelsea as they have their whole squad fit and rested contrary to United who made a recent trip to Belgium for their draw with Anderlect.

My prediction: Manchester United 1-2 Chelsea

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Important game for both side this week-end.

• Manchester United will have to play Chelsea without either Mata, Smalling and Phil Jones, wich are all injured. This also mean Bailly and Rojo haven't had the change to be rotated, there is a risk of them being weary because of the game against Anderlect. Both Herrera and Fellaini are expected to start.
  • Chelsea however doesn't have deal with any injury at the moment or with fatigue as they had plenty of time to rest.
  • At the end of the day, MU could really use a win here to keep the hope of a top four finish alife while Chelsea will do everything they can no to give any point to Tottenham this week-end and get closer to the title they crave so much.

I'm predicting a small win for Chelsea as they have their whole squad fit and rested contrary to United who made a recent trip to Belgium for their draw with Anderlect.

My prediction: Manchester United 1-2 Chelsea

Comments
chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@quikzy and if he didn't touch the ball then hazard would be in 1 vs 1 situation with baily and costa with the support.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ander Herrera went full retard with that comment .

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I mean...if we're going to do this, he was in the process of putting the hand behind is back lol

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

that's true, i mean he was putting his hand back and everything, ehh whatever. to be fair the ref probably didn't think he would end up producing such a magnificent pass that would lead to a goal:p imo opinion it's a handball. just because that's the way i've always viewed it. unintentional or intentional, if it hits your arm/hand then its handball

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I felt like he really just took he ball with his hand and continued playing, those situations usually get the gameplay to stop and the player sometimes doesn't even get a yellow card for it but the play is stopped.
One can argue that his hand was in the natural postition but if he was trying to stop that pass from happening his hand needed to be in that position in order to do so, if he was sliding and the ball hit him in the arm then it's obvious that there was probably no intent of playing with the hand.

If players did that all the time the rules would need to be changed, I mean that won't happen at all but when it does it's just odd that the gameplay isn't stopped because sometimes a player doesn't even want to touch the ball with his hand and still does it and the game is stopped.

Like when a player wants to put the ball down from his chest but the ball ends up hitting his arm, usually after that the game is stopped but the player doesn't get a yellow card, it's still not legal and the ball belongs to the other team but no real intent of playing with the hand means no yellow card.

So in short, I don't think Herrera wanted to play with the hand but since it happened that he obstructed the game against the rules, the game should have been stopped and he walks away without a yellow card while Chelsea has a free kick.
It's always harder to blow the whistle when the arm is in a normal position, like Henry had it for example, the refs have in their mind to allow play as much as they can.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@quikzyyy He should have said: In football, I think if the ref don't see you touch ball with your hand or decide not to call a handball, then it is not handball.

But banter apart, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say it might not be on purpose. For me, Herrera is one of those controversial player. He is very good and a hard worker but sometime act dirty. Still, I can respect him as a player nevertheless. :)

Also, I gotta be sincere and share my sympathy with Manchester United fan, either you dominate games but have hard time to finish and end up giving a goal to you opponent in one of their only chance of the game or you simply win the game but in such a controversial manner, you get tons of stick anyway. :( Must be anoying sometime.

• History

@quikzyyy He should have said: In football, I think if the ref don't see you touch ball with your hand or decide not to call a handball, then it is not handball.

But banter apart, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say it might not be on purpose. For me, Herrera is one of those controversial player. He is very good and a hard worker but sometime act dirty. Still, I can respect him as a player nevertheless. :)

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

The reason why people were really gushing over tactics is because this is the first time season where Chelsea has really been defeated. Yeah, they've lost a few other games, but it was due to bad finishing/luck/PKs. Even when Chelsea lost, they were the better side.

Well, I mean, except for when Tottenham out-classed them 2-0 at the Lane, right?

Oh, and except for Liverpool, who beat them 2-1 at Stamford Bridge, after going 2-0 up and dominating possession.

Oh, and certainly except for Arsenal (LOL) who thrashed them 3-0.

Even Crystal Palace seemed rather worthy winners, when you consider that they came from behind and lost two defenders to injury in that very same game to hold out for a 2-1 victory.

In fact, I don't think there were any penalties or 'hard luck' in any of those games. But yes, definitely apart from those other 4 times when someone legitimately defeated Conte's Chelsea by out-playing them and being the better side, this was totally the first.

Maybe folks/pundits were just gushing because it makes for better headlines if they exaggerate things and develop a short memory? The media likes to live in the Now; they don't like paying too much attention to the recent past, because it tends to highlight what they were saying in the recent past, and how inaccurate most of their predictions usually are/were.

Personally I hope United make 4th and/or win the Europa League. We could do with Mou and United back in the CL. As for Chelsea, I doubt this will slow them down too much, given their easy run-in, but hey, thanks for clawing them back even a bit!

Quite the season we're having. :)

• History

The reason why people were really gushing over tactics is because this is the first time season where Chelsea has really been defeated. Yeah, they've lost a few other games, but it was due to bad finishing/luck/PKs. Even when Chelsea lost, they were the better side.

Well, I mean, except for when Tottenham out-classed them 2-0 at the Lane, right?

Oh, and except for Liverpool, who beat them 2-1 at Stamford Bridge, after going 2-0 up and dominating possession.

Even Crystal Palace seemed rather worthy winners, when you consider that they came from behind and lost two defenders to injury in that very same game to hold out for a 2-1 victory.

In fact, I don't think there were any penalties or 'hard luck' in any of those games. But yes, definitely apart from those other 4 times when someone legitimately defeated Conte's Chelsea by out-playing them, this was totally the first.

Personally I hope United make 4th and/or win the Europa League. We could do with Mou and United back in the CL.

So they were the better side when Liverpool beat them, when Tottenham beat them,, and when Arsenal beat them, but now that you've beaten them, they've only NOW been truly 'defeated'?

I mean... ;)

In fact, I don't think there were any penalties or 'hard luck' in any of those games. But yes, definitely apart from those other 4 times when someone legitimately defeated Conte's Chelsea by out-playing them, this was totally the first.

Personally I hope United make 4th and/or win the Europa League. We could do with Mou and United back in the CL. As for Chelsea, I doubt this will slow them down too much, given their easy run-in, but hey, thanks for clawing them back even a bit!

Maybe folks were just gushing because it makes for better headlines if they exaggerate things and develop a short memory? The media likes to live in the Now; they don't like paying too much attention to the recent past, because it tends to highlight what they were saying in the recent past, and how far from the Now heir predictions usually are/were.

Maybe folks/pundits were just gushing because it makes for better headlines if they exaggerate things and develop a short memory? The media likes to live in the Now; they don't like paying too much attention to the recent past, because it tends to highlight what they were saying in the recent past, and how far from the Now heir predictions usually are/were.

Maybe folks/pundits were just gushing because it makes for better headlines if they exaggerate things and develop a short memory? The media likes to live in the Now; they don't like paying too much attention to the recent past, because it tends to highlight what they were saying in the recent past, and how far from the Now heir predictions usually are/were.

Maybe folks/pundits were just gushing because it makes for better headlines if they exaggerate things and develop a short memory? The media likes to live in the Now; they don't like paying too much attention to the recent past, because it tends to highlight what they were saying in the recent past, and how inaccurate most of their predictions usually are/were.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

You can excuse the Arsenal loss because that was before Chelsea really picked up momentum.

Well, kinda sorta. It's still the case that Arsenal beat them fair and square, by being the better side.

I found an interesting match report. Take a look back in recent time and see how things were back in September, when City were leading the table, Chelsea were 8th and Tottenham were, damnit, still only 2nd. :p

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37393486

Then came that amazing run of wins for Chelsea, while everyone else was busy playing two games a week...

enter image description here

...and only 7 weeks later they managed to pull out a gutsy win from behind against a Tottenham who had completely dominated the first half, to finally go top of the table. And then, Spurs righted that wrong on the first day of 2017, ending Chelsea's winning run and preventing them from setting a new record, and now those teams are 1st and 2nd, set to face off in a FA Cup semi-final this coming weekend.

What a season!

As for Spurs and United this year, well, United did win technically, but of course really that was just down to luck and bad finishing on our part. Ahem. ;)

• History

Well, kinda sorta. It's still the case that Arsenal beat them pretty much fair and square.

I found an interesting match report. Take a look back in recent time and see how things were back in September, when City were leading the table and Tottenham were, damnit, still only 2nd. :p

Well, kinda sorta. It's still the case that Arsenal beat them fair and square, by being the better side.

I found an interesting match report. Take a look back in recent time and see how things were back in September, when City were leading the table, Chelsea were 8th and Tottenham were, damnit, still only 2nd. :p

Then came that amazing run of wins for Chelsea, while everyone else was busy playing in Europe.

Then came that amazing run of wins for Chelsea, while everyone else was busy playing in Europe. (sorry, couldn't resist O:))

Then came that amazing run of wins for Chelsea, while everyone else was busy playing in Europe... O:)

Then came that amazing run of wins for Chelsea, while everyone else was busy playing in Europe...

cough

O:)

Then came that amazing run of wins for Chelsea, while everyone else was busy playing in Europe...

Then came that amazing run of wins for Chelsea, while everyone else was busy playing two games a week...

...and then only 7 weeks later they managed to pull out a gutsy win against a Tottenham who had dominated the first half, and went top of the table. And then Spurs righted that wrong on the first day of 2017, ending Chelsea's winning run and preventing them from setting a new record.

What a season!

...and then only 7 weeks later they managed to pull out a gutsy win from behind against a Tottenham who had completely dominated the first half, and went top of the table. And then, Spurs righted that wrong on the first day of 2017, ending Chelsea's winning run and preventing them from setting a new record.

What a season!

...and only 7 weeks later they managed to pull out a gutsy win from behind against a Tottenham who had completely dominated the first half, to finally go top of the table. And then, Spurs righted that wrong on the first day of 2017, ending Chelsea's winning run and preventing them from setting a new record, and now those teams are 1st and 2nd, set to face off in a FA Cup semi-final this coming weekend.

What a season!

As for Spurs and United this year, well, United did win on paper, but of course really that was just down to luck and bad finishing on our part. Ahem. ;)

What a season!

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Oh Arsenal beat them proper, no doubt, but that was before Chelsea took identity as Conte's side. It's before they became as good as they are now.

And for sure I do agree with that. It's just that I think the claims that United beating Chelsea yesterday was the first time ("this season", remember) that anyone had, like, found a way to out-play Chelsea are... a bit exaggerated, shall we say?

I mean, we can all make that argument, if we'd like to. I can say that losing 2-0 to Liverpool at Anfield is the only time that Spurs have really been 'defeated' in the league all season. That's the only game where I can say that the other team were just better than us, plain and simple. Even when we lost other games, like against United and Chelsea (the only other two to have beaten us, and both by a slender 1 goal margin), we were the better side, and better finishing would have seen us at least draw those games.

And then we'd have been 1st, tied with Chelsea on points but ahead on goal difference. Makes ya think. Sadly the universe isn't going to give us those points back, though, because the reality is that they were won fair and square by someone else.

Certainly United yesterday did defeat Chelsea convincingly, and I was glad to see it; not just because it helps out Spurs. I want United to rise again. Like you were saying in some other thread, I miss having them there as an actual footballing force. So long as it comes at someone else's expense for once (we've suffered enough at Tottenham) I want to see them back in Europe.

• History

And for sure I do agree with that. It's just that I think the claims that United beating Chelsea yesterday was the first time that anyone had, like, defeated Chelsea are guilty of being a bit... forgetful. ;)

Certainly United did defeat Chelsea, and I was glad to see it; not just because it helps out Spurs. I want United to rise again. Like you were saying in some other thread, I miss having them there as an actual footballing force. So long as it comes at someone else's expense for once (we've suffered enough at Tottenham), I want to see them back in Europe.

And for sure I do agree with that. It's just that I think the claims that United beating Chelsea yesterday was the first time that anyone had, like, found a way to out-play Chelsea are... a bit forgetful, shall we say? ;)

Certainly United did defeat Chelsea, and I was glad to see it; not just because it helps out Spurs. I want United to rise again. Like you were saying in some other thread, I miss having them there as an actual footballing force. So long as it comes at someone else's expense for once (we've suffered enough at Tottenham) I want to see them back in Europe.

And for sure I do agree with that. It's just that I think the claims that United beating Chelsea yesterday was the first time that anyone had, like, found a way to out-play Chelsea are... a bit exaggerated, shall we say?

I mean, we can all make that argument, if we'd like to. I can say that losing 2-0 to Liverpool at Anfield is the only time that Spurs have really been 'defeated' in the league all season. Even when we lost other games, like against United and Chelsea (the only other two to have beaten us, and both by a slender 1 goal margin), we were the better side.

Certainly United did defeat Chelsea, and I was glad to see it; not just because it helps out Spurs. I want United to rise again. Like you were saying in some other thread, I miss having them there as an actual footballing force. So long as it comes at someone else's expense for once (we've suffered enough at Tottenham) I want to see them back in Europe.

And for sure I do agree with that. It's just that I think the claims that United beating Chelsea yesterday was the first time that anyone had, like, found a way to out-play Chelsea are... a bit exaggerated, shall we say?

I mean, we can all make that argument, if we'd like to. I can say that losing 2-0 to Liverpool at Anfield is the only time that Spurs have really been 'defeated' in the league all season. That's the only game where I can say that the other team just played us off the pitch actually nullified our threat. Even when we lost other games, like against United and Chelsea (the only other two to have beaten us, and both by a slender 1 goal margin), we were the better side, and better finishing would have seen us at least draw those games.

And then we'd be 1st, tied with Chelsea on points but ahead on goal difference. That's how fine these margins are.

I mean, we can all make that argument, if we'd like to. I can say that losing 2-0 to Liverpool at Anfield is the only time that Spurs have really been 'defeated' in the league all season. That's the only game where I can say that the other team just played us off the pitch actually nullified our threat. Even when we lost other games, like against United and Chelsea (the only other two to have beaten us, and both by a slender 1 goal margin), we were the better side, and better finishing would have seen us at least draw those games.

And then we'd have been 1st, tied with Chelsea on points but ahead on goal difference. Makes ya think.

Certainly United yesterday did defeat Chelsea convincingly, and I was glad to see it; not just because it helps out Spurs. I want United to rise again. Like you were saying in some other thread, I miss having them there as an actual footballing force. So long as it comes at someone else's expense for once (we've suffered enough at Tottenham) I want to see them back in Europe.

I mean, we can all make that argument, if we'd like to. I can say that losing 2-0 to Liverpool at Anfield is the only time that Spurs have really been 'defeated' in the league all season. That's the only game where I can say that the other team were just better than us, plain and simple. Even when we lost other games, like against United and Chelsea (the only other two to have beaten us, and both by a slender 1 goal margin), we were the better side, and better finishing would have seen us at least draw those games.

And then we'd have been 1st, tied with Chelsea on points but ahead on goal difference. Makes ya think.

And for sure I do agree with that. It's just that I think the claims that United beating Chelsea yesterday was the first time ("this season", remember) that anyone had, like, found a way to out-play Chelsea are... a bit exaggerated, shall we say?

And then we'd have been 1st, tied with Chelsea on points but ahead on goal difference. Makes ya think. Sadly the universe isn't going to give us those points back, because the reality is that they were won by someone else.

JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

That was hardly a tactical masterclass as some people here suggested. We've missed two of our most important players resulting in a spontaneous shuffle in our defense, which has anyway been a complete mess in the last 10 games or so. Begovic is a good goalkeeper, but he starts so rarely that there's no possibility of him being well-rehearsed with the defenders in front of him. Zouma just doesn't fit this formation, neither as RWB nor as a CB. Azpi as a LWB gives me nightmares from the seasons before. He's very good defensively, but he offers absolutely nothing going forward. Not once did he overlap Hazard, leaving the Belgian completely isolated against two, sometimes even three players. Plus two key positions are occupied by players who have been absolutely shit (Diego Costa) and very shaky (David Luiz), respectively, in recent weeks. Sure, United played very well, but the failings on our part are so numerous that I'm surprised that anyone can call this a tactical masterclass.

Do you know who outplayed us? Tottenham and Liverpool. Those were tactical masterclasses by our opponents. We started those games with our best XI and were in good form, yet they completely dominated. (Crystal Palace though? Come on, Lodatz, don't embarrass yourself).

• History

That was hardly a tactical masterclass as some people here suggested. We've missed two of our most important players resulting in a spontaneous shuffle in our defense, which has anyway been a complete mess in the last 10 games or so. Begovic is a good goalkeeper, but he starts so rarely that there's no possibility of him being well-rehearsed with the defenders in front of him. Zouma just doesn't fit this formation, neither as RWB nor as a CB. Azpi as a LWB gives me nightmares from the seasons before. He's very good defensively, but he offers absolutely nothing going forward. Not once did he overlap Hazard, leaving the Belgian completely isolated against two, sometimes even three players. Plus two key positions are occupied by players who have been absolutely shit (Diego Costa) and very shaky (David Luiz) in recent weeks. Sure, United played very well, but the failings on our part are so numerous that I'm surprised that anyone can call this a tactical masterclass.

Do you know who outplayed us? Tottenham and Liverpool. Those were tactical masterclasses by our opponents. We started those games with our best XI and were in good form, yet they completely dominated. (Crystal Palace though? Come on, Lodatz, don't embarrass yourself).

(Crystal Palace though? Come on, Lodatz, don't embarrass yourself).

I was just pointing out that any game you lose is a game in which the other team out-played you in some way. Not that Palace dominated, of course. But in the same way that Chelsea held on against Barcelona in 2012, so too did the Eagles slay the blue dragon against all the odds (and losing two defenders, apparently) and get the win.

I'm clearly not saying that Crystal Palace are a better side than Chelsea. ;p

• History

I was just pointing out that any game you lose is a game in which the other team out-played you in some way. In the same way that Chelsea held on against Barcelona in 2012, so too did Palace slay the dragon against all the odds (and losing two defenders, apparently) and get the win.

I'm not saying that Crystal Palace are a better side than Chelsea. :p

I was just pointing out that any game you lose is a game in which the other team out-played you in some way. In the same way that Chelsea held on against Barcelona in 2012, so too did Palace slay the dragon against all the odds (and losing two defenders, apparently) and get the win.

I'm clearly not saying that Crystal Palace are a better side than Chelsea. ;p

AlexBatak 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Chelsea vs Spurs

Chelsea were the reason to deny Spurs go to Champions league even when Spurs made it top 4.

Chelsea were the reason to deny Spurs winning the EPL last season.

Chelsea were always better than Spurs in every aspect, they are just having a good time this season just like Leicester last season.

Chelsea will prolly knock them out of FA cup and they will end up yet again trophyless. COYB! :)

• History

Chelsea vs Spurs

Chelsea were they reason to deny Spurs go to Champions league even when Spurs made it top 4.

Chelsea were always better than Spurs in every aspect, they are just having a good time this season just like Leicester last season.

Chelsea will prolly knock them out of FA cup and they will end up yet again trophyless. COYB! :)

Chelsea were they reason to deny Spurs go to Champions league even when Spurs made it top 4.

That's true. You did come 6th that season.

Oh you were not. Leicester City were the reason Spurs didn't win the title, and they came out of nowhere. You just made it mathematically impossible for us to catch them up. Well done.

Chelsea were always better than Spurs in every aspect,

Except in the footballing aspect, that is. In that aspect, Spurs were better than Chelsea last season by a mile. Even this season we have a more prolific striker-force, we have a better defense, and a better goal difference. I mean, that could certainly change by the end of the season, but it does kind of negate the point you're making.

In fact, didn't Conte just say to the media that he feels Tottenham are currently the best team? (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/16/antonio-conte-concedes-tottenham-now-premier-leagues-best-team/)

That could be mind games of course, and he's just being cautious before the semi final, but it does sound as though he feels that Chelsea's supposed superiority "in every aspect" isn't very secure.

You differ, of course, but then you're not Antonio Conte... O:)

Oh, and that vid is cute, but here's another:

Good to see you btw mate. Hope you and your family are well. :)

COYS

• History

That's true. You did come 6th that season.

Oh you were not. Leicester City were the reason Spurs didn't win the title, and they came out of nowhere. You just made it mathematically impossible for us to catch them up. Well done.

Chelsea were always better than Spurs in every aspect,

Except in the footballing aspect, that is. In that aspect, Spurs were better than Chelsea last season by a mile. Even this season we have a more prolific striker-force, we have a better defense, and a better goal difference. I mean, that could certainly change by the end of the season, but it does kind of negate the point you're making.

In fact, didn't Conte just say to the media that he feels Tottenham are currently the best team? (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/16/antonio-conte-concedes-tottenham-now-premier-leagues-best-team/)

That could be mind games of course, and he's just being cautious before the semi final, but it does sound as though he feels that Chelsea's supposed superiority "in every aspect" isn't very secure.

You differ, of course, but then you're not Antonio Conte... O:)

Oh, and that vid is cute, but here's another:

Good to see you btw mate. Hope you and your family are well. :)

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Lets say yesterday was our day.

Mou has done this silly things over and over again (having strange line up), when it works people call him genius, when it doesnt: just another Mou's day.

His plan was to have young fast line up, play defensively and hit hard on counter, with the crowd that would damage so much. And being an underdog team the boys will have less to loose. They would be more motivated. His interview mocking Conte tactic showed that too.

Mou selected lots of players under criticisms. If had they not performed, had they overran by Chelsea?? not a problem, Chelsea is a top team this season by miles, United had lots of injuries. So... BUT the boyz did more than that,on their best day. They dominated.

Well, Herrera handball obviously changed the dynamic of the game, give everyone confident, but mind you that, United was already better before and after the incident. If because of 1 goal, not a red card, you lost to a 5th place team. There is NO excuse.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

No excuses, united were better and we were crap.
The only thing we can do now is to come back stronger.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@tuan: Literally no one is making excuses. Everyone acknowledged that United were the better team..
@Alex and @Lodatz: Let's not be salty, Tottenham is a fantastic team and so is Chelsea.

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Hey bro @Lodatz all good man been so busy, I hope you are doing great. In all fairness Spurs have changed a lot the past 2 years, and they are doing a great job. I still hope they will lose a match or 2 in the remaining matches :P :)

Marcus2011 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Lodatz

Come on , You know why Chelsea was 6th that year .. I can remind you that we had some really messed up things going with management as always but remember that same year we won CL and knocked Spurs out of FA Cup too with score like 5-1 while playing European Giants in Champions league with aged squad ? :)) Do you want to say that you deserved to be in CL Spots after that loose ?

I agree Spurs are doing very good but better than Chelsea ? Not yet mate . Try little harder and beat Genk next time . Playing two games a week is not an excuse if you count yourself as best club in EPL . It is hard to accept it . However , fact is that Chelsea still best club in London and will remain so forever . I say first establish spurs as best club in North London because that is not a sure thing either .

• History

Lodatz

Come on , You know why Chelsea was 6th that year .. I can remind you that we had some really messed up things going with management as always but remember that same year we won CL and knocked Spurs out of FA Cup too with score like 5-1 while playing European Giants in Champions league ? :)) Do you want to say that you deserved to be in CL Spots after that loose ?

I agree Spurs are doing very good but better than Chelsea ? Not yet mate . Try little harder and beat Genk next time . Playing two games a week is not an excuse if you count yourself as best club in EPL . It is hard to accept it . However , fact is that Chelsea still best club in London and will remain so forever . I say first establish spurs as best club in North London because that is not a sure thing either .

Lodatz

Come on , You know why Chelsea was 6th that year .. I can remind you that we had some really messed up things going with management as always but remember that same year we won CL and knocked Spurs out of FA Cup too with score like 5-1 while playing European Giants in Champions league ? :)) Do you want to say that you deserved to be in CL Spots after that loose ?