Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United vs Liverpool Post Talk
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So the game ended 2-1 for United, I haven't seen a second of it myself but from what I heard, it was a brillant game from Mou team, they were spot on defensively and Liverpool didn't seem as impressive as they usually though if I'm to believe what I read. But what you guys thought of it? Did what I heard is right? Should I have watched it? Share your thought and your take on the game. ;)

Comments
SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Liverpool did not have a clear, or even semi-clear cut chance all game. Add in the two goals on the break + a very unfortunate miss from Mata and it is clear that Mourinho's tactics were perfect. That being said, Liverpool still got a goal. It doesn't matter how they go in, just that they go in. With Sevilla coming up where an away goal would be soul crushing, I do question the wisdom of bunkering with 30+ minutes to play. Nevertheless, massive win for United, and really sets them up to hold onto second place.

For all the hype Liverpool's attack gets, they were utterly shut down today. I previously didn't think Liverpool backline was that bad, just that Klopp's tactics left them vulnerable, but how they played today, particularly Lovern getting straight-up bullied on both goals is leading me to question that.

I am suspicious of Liverpool as a whole because they seem to have a rough time with teams that just sit back and mess with them, the Juventus, United, Atletico sides of the world. Since the draw for the next round of the CL will likely include teams such as those or the Barca/Bayern/Real variety, I have to doubt if Klopp's side is up for it. That being said, United still hasn't qualified for that round, so fair enough.

ashwin1729 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Sun:

Agreed about Liverpool/Klopp's ability to break defensive teams. But they have a good chance to progress against the attacking sides.

That being said, this victory sums up Mou: Tactical defensive game + park the bus. Lets hope we don't let Sevilla score that away goal considering the Spanish sides are tricky. I wished the first game was 1-1 draw instead of 0-0.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Pretty boring game judging for the highlights, it looked like as soon as the ball is in the air or in the feet of the attacking line of Man United it's already a chance since Liverpool's defense is still bad.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@ashwin @Sun I can actually imagine the scoreline if Real and Liverpool met in the next round. Could be around 9-7 on agregrate or something like that. XD

@Golazo Yeah, so much for Van Djik fixing Liverpool defense. :(

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Liverpool really struggled in the final third. Mostly due to United defense set up but also the terrible movement and passing really hindered them. So many times players just standing there between 3 defenders waiting and then a sloppy pass that gets easily intercepted or cleared. Didn't look like the previous games I've seen from Liverpool.

United did what they had to and what most people expected. The team set up well and we're committed which is a must to play like that. Rashford was clinical.

Liverpool's defensive issues stem from having little to no cover from the midfield. Can is not the best and the fullbacks are still developing but not top class.

My only complain with the ref was he cut two dangerous attacks because a player was down. Also, pool could have had a penalty called for them from either Valencia handball or young grappling Salah from behind.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@raimondo Interesting, didn't hear that. So thing could have been very different with only a single different call from the ref. Thats quite intriguing, still, its seem to me like Liverpool weren't in their best form in that game and Manchester might have performed better on the occassion.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Ohhhhh, it was a great tactical win for us. I thought it was exciting but most of my friends said it were tad boring :D :D

Well, Mou won in tactic, and Liverpool looked below their standard, make it a bit easy for us. Lukaku was great, and Rashford,... Let see if Mou will give him more time.

I didnt like what i saw in the last 30 mins though... Unnecessary sit back and parked the bus, but i understand Mou's choice... Just that Liv could have leveled anytime, we cant be this fragile against Sevila