Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Marcelo Vieira - deserved Ballon'Or - VOTE please
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Hi guys,

Let's forget about all the controversial and sad referring in all recent weeks, and acknowledge this man.

Since the last few year, Marcelo has proven to be worthy of a vice-capitano of Real, a long with Modric and recently Kroos, a true un-sung hero.

Yesterday he proved it ONCE again, cleared 2 goals ON THE LINE, all over the pitch, the ABSOLUTE MOTM!.

In all games, he has been perfect in defend and attack despite his height, his explosive and technique are envious, strength, coolness and fighting spirit are over the top. Everytime he goes up looks deadly dangerous. He's the heir of Carlos, truely is. He really isn't getting the right recognition as much as he deserved. of course, being a defender will have a lot less spotlight

We had Maldini, Canavarro, missed Zanetti, and Lahm, we can't miss this guy for the top individual prize (although this prize is a big f-ck-ng joke since 2010).

An amazing all-round player.

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hi guys,

Let's forget about all the controversial and sad referring in all recent weeks, and acknowledge this man.

Since the last few year, Marcelo has proven to be worthy of a vice-capitano of Real, a long with Modric and recently Kroos, a true un-sung hero.

Yesterday he proved it ONCE again, cleared 2 goals ON THE LINE, all over the pitch, the ABSOLUTE MOTM!.

In all games, he has been perfect in defend and attack despite his height, his explosive and technique are envious, strength, coolness and fighting spirit is over the top. Everytime he goes up looks deadly dangerous. He's the heir of Carlos, truely is. He really isn't getting the right recognition as much as he deserved.

We had Maldini, Canavarro, missed Zanetti, and Lahm, we can't miss this guy for the top individual prize (although this prize is a big f-ck-ng joke since 2010).

Who's with me?

Hi guys,

In all games, he has been perfect in defend and attack despite his height, his explosive and technique are envious, strength, coolness and fighting spirit are over the top. Everytime he goes up looks deadly dangerous. He's the heir of Carlos, truely is. He really isn't getting the right recognition as much as he deserved.

An amazing all-round player.

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I agree that he goes extremely unnoticed for Real Madrid in terms of a general scope alongside Carjaval. Personally, I think that these two fullbacks are amongst the best in the world for their positions. They have both proven that they can defend and attack a lot. However, Marcelo is pretty weak at defending 1 on 1. At that, he's quite similar to Roberto Carlos. I still don't think he's at the caliber of the balon'dor at this moment of time because of the attacking force of football right now.

I haven't worded it in a good way, but I hope you get what I am trying to say.

• History

I agree that he goes extremely unnoticed for Real Madrid in terms of a general scope alongside Carjaval. Personally, I think that these two fullbacks are amongst the best in the world for their positions. They have both proven that they can defend and attack a lot. However, Marcelo is pretty weak at defending 1 on 1. At that, he's quite similar to Roberto Carlos. I still don't think he's at the caliber of the balon'dor at this moment of time because of the attacking force of football right now.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

He is a great left back and has beeen playing amazing this year but nothing more, i would put him in the top10.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Marcelo is a great attacking outlet for sure, but he's also their worst pure defender. Real concedes so many goals because he's out of position. One of the main reasons they're forced to use Casemiro is because Marcelo isn't home half the time.

Don't get me wrong, great player. It's just he's a very flashy player, so that will naturally attract more attention. I can think of several defenders who I'd pick for an award like this ahead of him, one of whom is on his own team.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash What you forget to mention is that when he is home, he can defend well. But yeah, he play very much in offense. Him and Navas great got some great chemistry though.

@Amir Agreed, both him and Carvajal are really great player, propably some of the best in the world.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I'm jealous of RM because Alaba felt in form this season and Lahm is retiring, so we don't have best fullback combination anymore. Marcelo and Carvajal were best players in both matches. Unbeliveable players.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Id classify him better at attacking than defending and would probably benefit a team that played 5-3-2 or a similar variation having wing fullbacks attacking more often than defending. He is very error prone when being pressured in or around his box. But with the modern game this is whats expected from the fullbacks so id say hes probably in the top 3 left backs.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I don't think he's top 10 for Ballon d'Or. I'd definitely put Ramos up for top 5, though. I think the best players I have seen this season have been Messi and Ramos (and probably Lewandowski too).

Marcelo's really good when he's part of a solid defense. Thankfully, he plays alongside Ramos, Carvajal, Casemiro, and Pepe/Varane/Nacho, all of whom are either great defenders (yes, Nacho is an excellent defender). Madrid's tactics involve Marcelo charging up... especially nowadays when Ronaldo is older and Marcelo proves more deadly on the wing. He's intentionally told to leave that space behind for Casemiro to cover. It's not that he does it recklessly, contrary to popular opinion. He's also an average 1v1 defender, but his last-ditch defending is amazing.

Carvajal has been consistently the best RB in Spain for the past 2 seasons. I'd say Filipe Luis is a better LB than Marcelo (defensively), but not a better player overall. Marcelo just offers so much on the football pitch that it's difficult to imagine Madrid without him (we are pretty trash on the left wing when he's injured or suspended). Marcelo fits in Madrid really well, but I think Alaba is probably better than him overall.

Carvajal, meanwhile, is a defensive stud. He's impossibly hard to get past, and even if you do get past him you'll run into Ramos almost immediately, so our right wing remains almost bulletproof. You'll notice that Ribery and Alaba were barely able to get anywhere when they found themselves marked by Carvajal and Modric.

• History

I don't think he's top 10 for Ballon d'Or. I'd definitely put Ramos up for top 5, though. I think the best players I have seen this season have been Messi and Ramos (and probably Lewandowski too).

He's really good when he's part of a solid defense. Thankfully, he plays alongside Ramos, Carvajal, Casemiro, and Pepe/Varane/Nacho, all of whom are either great defenders (yes, Nacho is an excellent defender). Madrid's tactics involve Marcelo charging up... especially nowadays when Ronaldo is older and Marcelo proves more deadly on the wing. He's intentionally told to leave that space behind for Casemiro to cover. It's not that he does it recklessly, contrary to popular opinion. He's also an average 1v1 defender, but his last-ditch defending is amazing.

Carvajal has been consistently the best RB in Spain for the past 2 seasons. I'd say Filipe Luis is a better LB than Marcelo (defensively), but not a better player overall. Marcelo just offers so much on the football pitch that it's difficult to imagine Madrid without him (we are pretty trash on the left wing when he's injured or suspended). Marcelo fits in Madrid really well, but I think Alaba is probably better than him overall.

Carvajal, meanwhile, is a defensive stud. He's impossibly hard to get past, and even if you do get past him you'll run into Ramos almost immediately, so our right wing remains almost bulletproof. You'll notice that Ribery and Alaba were barely able to get anywhere when they found themselves marked by Carvajal and Modric.

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Carvajal for me is the better player, dont get me wrong, I still think Marcelo is the best LB in the world, only Felipe Luis can match him. But Carvajal, Dear God, his defensive ablities is amazing, dribbling is amazing, crossing is amazing. What more do u want from a full back. He is the best player for Real madrid this season no doubt. If i were to rank Real madrid players performance this season:

1. Carvajal
  2. Marcelo
  3. Ramos
  4. Ronaldo
  5. Modric

Asensio, Vazquez, Kroos and Kovacic have all been amazing as well. Pepe was stupendous, however his injury held him back from playing plenty of games. In fact every Real Madrid player had an amazing season aside for Bale, Benzema and Navas. They were all below their normal standards, I hope they can regain it when we really need it.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

By abilities Alaba is for me best LB in the world without even considering other people, but by form Luis, Marcelo and Alex Sandro are by far best.