Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mario Goetze - the falling star, will be sidelined infinitely
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It is the news that sent shockwaves through German football. Mario Gotze, once the nation's golden boy, is to be sidelined indefinitely due to a 'metabolic disorder'.

The troublesome injuries he always have had might contribute to this other news :(. The bench warmer, the stress, the frustration slowly eat him up....

He literally fell from one of the biggest stars (a young worldcup hero) to close to anonymity... 3 years after introduced in the last 5 minutes and earned himself a worldcup final winning goal, from Dortmund's hero to nothing... I really feel sad.

He had a lot of titles he wanted with Bayern, but his development as a youngster was totally corrupted, and it is talking his toll on him.

What do you guys think? Did the move to Bayern was a big mistake? I say it was!

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It is the news that sent shockwaves through German football. Mario Gotze, once the nation's golden boy, is to be sidelined indefinitely due to a 'metabolic disorder'.

The troublesome injuries he always have had might contribute to this other news :(. The bench warmer, the stress, the frustration slowly eat him up....

He literally fell from one of the biggest star (a young worldcup hero) to close to anonymity... 3 years after introduced in the last 5 minutes and earned himself a worldcup final winning goal, from Dortmund's hero to nothing... I really feel sad.

He had a lot of title he wants with Bayern, but his development as a youngster was totally corrupted, and it is talking his toll on him.

What do you guys think? Did the move to Bayern was a big mistake? I say it was!

enter image description here

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

A metabolic disorder would't necessarily be caused by stress and whatnot. Clint Dempsey missed most of the last stage of the MLS season and all of the playoffs due to an irregular heartbeat that just came out of nowhere.

Sucks for Gotze though.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

Well, the detail aren't clear, but yeah, that really suck, another one of the great wasted talent of football. :( Propably nothing to do with being a bench warmer or anything like that though. Wich is even more frustrating in way. I hope things get better for him in the long term.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

All those BvB transfers that led Klopp to the sack don't bring any sympathy to my eyes. He gambled his development for MONEY and EASY TITLES so for me it is only his own fault.

Just think of Borrusia squad before Bayern bought half of it. They would make Bundesliga worth watching and not this disgrace that Bayern does to any team with their money. If BvB kept that squad they only thing I would call overrated on them is their fans that everyone so much applauds.

• History

All those BvB transfers that led Klopp to the sack don't bring any sympathy to my eyes. He gambled his development for MONEY and EASY TITLES so for me it is only his own fault.

Just think of Borrusia squad before Bayern bought half of it. They would make Bundesliga worth watching and not this disgrace that Bayern does to any team with their money.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I agree with @Joze. I watched that old Dortmund squad regularly during their first title run. Gotze was a 17-year-old playing like a 24-year-old. His departure to Bayern was entirely his own choice, and now he is paying the price for it. He was Germany's little golden boy as a teenager, hero at the World Cup, and now he is, as @Tuan said, nothing but a fallen star.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

@Sun & @Emo: indeed, I was just assuming because scientifically, it is possible. In professional sport, when frustration comes at times, and you try to run, push, run, can't eat properly... certain sicknesses come.

I was just guessing.

@Joze: I dont hope for players to be punished, I do feel for them in similar cases. But I do develop a lot of dislikes toward Bayern because of this transfer policy. I also dont want much Bundesliga due to this anymore. Just personal.

@Dyn: exactly! he is paying the price for it.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

This is terrible news, I was a bit hurt when Gotze left us during one of our most successful UCL campaigns, but I forgave him, and Seeing him win the worldcup brought me so much joy. I really am hopeful that he will one day play for DOrtmund again, and in the world cup.
this gives me a bit of hope "I'm currently being treated, and I'm going to give everything to get back to training as quickly as possible and help the team to reach our goals,' announced Gotze himself on Monday."

Get well Mario!

An yes Bayern was a Mistake

• History

This is terrible news, I was a bit hurt when Gotze left us during one of our most successful UCL campaigns, but I forgave him, and Seeing him win the worldcup brought me so much joy. I really am hopeful that he will one day play for DOrtmund again, and in the world cup.
this gives me a bit of hope "I'm currently being treated, and I'm going to give everything to get back to training as quickly as possible and help the team to reach our goals,' announced Gotze himself on Monday."

Get well Mario!

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

He hasn't been the same for a while, but it's clearly not over and at he hasn't reached his peak. If he comes back strongly then I don't see why he won't put strong performances.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@tuan_jinn BvB developed him and he sold them faster than Tevez did your club to city. He would be in Germany's 2nd best club with enough playing time to grow. Then after developing with 1st team football in a very good league he could leave for any league he wanted as a starter.

It is no punishment, it is that he took the easy way and payed the price for it. He should have expected that in Bayern you fight for your position vs world class players. So many teams lose talents to others because they have already someone better who takes the place off youngsters and with managers sack beeing so often managers don't gamble on youngsters because they FIGHT for the titles. So many top teams wasted talents. Odengard, all Chelsea youth squad etc. I mean what the hell I am a football fan and I can see that myself. IF he that made the move and did not think of the consequences of the decisions he could take or even his manager and family they must be all dumb, something that I highly doubt.

Best of luck to him to find his old self and be the football start he could be!

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@JozeMourihno

So many teams lose talents to others because they have already someone better who takes the place off youngsters and with managers sack beeing so often managers don't gamble on youngsters because they FIGHT for the titles. So many top teams wasted talents. Odengard, all Chelsea youth squad etc. I mean what the hell I am a football fan and I can see that myself.

+1 what a great point
Looking back his metabolic issues have been been somewhat obvious. For a player to win the World Cup but to be played so little, his fitness was always so erratic and His weight was also fluctuating. I really hope this is something he can overcome.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Completely agree then.

On a side note, I really hope youngsters (especially in England) look at this and learn a sour lesson. Sometimes playing times is much more important than fame.

@gollefty: indeed, that what I am trying to figure out. The fitness level drops due to less playing time, then pressure when being given time and nervousness, frustration can have serious impact on certain players.