Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mbappe
Amerr30 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

I think we are witnessing the birth of a new super-star. It's very rare for me to start hyping up a player at a young age. I was skeptical of CR7s early days, of Messi's, of Memphis, of Martial, of Hazard, of Robinho, of Balo.. you name it. I've never got on the hype wagon.

Not because I didn't see their skill, they all were skillful. I just know that to succeed, you need more than just skill. You need determination, you need will, you need mental strength.

Anyway, lately I've been watching a lot of Monaco's games. They are simply sensational this year, and I really hope they go far in Champions League. But the one player who has caught my eye the most is Mbappe.

His touch, control, speed, skill, dribbling, shooting.. is just years ahead of his age. The calm, and the maturity of this kid, you just know this guy is going to make it. This is a future ballon d'or winner.

I just hope he succeeds in a Real Madrid shirt. This summer, the race to sign Mbappe will be like throwing an impala or gazelle in front of hungry big cats like Leopards. I've seen pictures of his childhood, and his room filled with CR7 and Real Madrid posters. I really hope we get his signature, for once I want a next big super-star to make his name at Real instead of us having to pay a 100m for such a player.

But if you don't know of him, you must be living in a cave. Just watch some Monaco games..

Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Mbappe is indeed truely magnificent. What a player.

He is more of the Henry's heir than Martial has ever been in all ways, touches, speed, finishing. Even his moves look more alike.

Every big team would dream of singing this guy especially after the recent Monaco's performances. I would love to have him in MU.

Real seems to have the highest chance because of Zidane but I would have a huge second thought if I were him because of Ronaldo, Im not sure he can truely evolve playing next to Ronaldo, the way Neymar next to Messi. But on the other hand, Real is an awesome team with tremendous mid and Ronaldo is getting older, he wont be so selfish anymore (we see him recently giving way more assists).

Arsenal always is a decent destination for French players, but who's in the right mind would end up there now?

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited

United had their chance with young players.

Cases in point: Martial, and Memphis.

This along with the fact that Mourinho isn't known to be giving youngsters much chance in his teams. He prefers proven players to raw talent. He's just never been, in my opinion, a great nurturer of young talent. He let De Bruyne slip away in Chesea when he was young. How many more players careers did he destroy at Chelsea and Real?

I'm not saying he's not a good manager. He is, but his goal isn't the future but rather the present, and he'll do anything and everything in order to achieve success in a short period of time - maximum of 3 years.

Another reason why I think that Real might be a better destination for Mbappe. Not only is Zidane going to look after his country-man, he has been known to give chances to young players. Asensio, Lucas Vazques, Casemiro, you feel would have never got the chances they did under a diffferent manager. Also it seems that he does not care about hurting Ronaldo's ego if it is going to benefit the team. I really think Zidane would be great for Mbappe.

Arsenal is definitely a mess. Until they sort out their Wenger issues, they shouldn't be looking at players.

I just hope he doesn't end up at City under Guardiola, who's been proven I think to be a terribly overrated manager. He needs Messi to be successful and cannot make somebody into such a player. He's tried it with Gotze and failed miserably. Media though is stil reveredb by him, and I hope this doesn't convince Mbappe to join him there. You just don't see Guardiola ever repeating his success with Barca, and players under him will most likely end up coming up short. He tries to make his players play a system that they are simply not fit to play - and this can derail their careers.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

This along with the fact that Mourinho isn't known to be giving youngsters much chance in his teams. He prefers proven players to raw talent. He's just never been, in my opinion, a great nurturer of young talent. He let De Bruyne slip away in Chesea when he was young. How many more players careers did he destroy at Chelsea and Real?

I'm not saying he's not a good manager. He is, but his goal isn't the future but rather the present, and he'll do anything and everything in order to achieve success in a short period of time - maximum of 3 years.

Another reason why I think that Real might be a better destination for Mbappe. Not only is he going to look after his country-man, he has been known to give chances to young players. Asensio, Lucas Vazques, Casemiro, you feel would have never got the chances they did under a diffferent manager. Also it seems that he does not care about hurting Ronaldo's ego if it is going to benefit the team. I really think Zidane would be great for Mbappe.

Another reason why I think that Real might be a better destination for Mbappe. Not only is Zidane going to look after his country-man, he has been known to give chances to young players. Asensio, Lucas Vazques, Casemiro, you feel would have never got the chances they did under a diffferent manager. Also it seems that he does not care about hurting Ronaldo's ego if it is going to benefit the team. I really think Zidane would be great for Mbappe.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

If he goes to Arsenal while Wenger is still their coach, he can forget his career. Personally wouldn't have anything against him if he stay in Monaco 'til he is like 20. He is going to cost a ton of cash for any club that wants to buy him. And you can't claim he will be sucessful in every league he plays in. Sadly he is probably leaving for Real, I have somehow pretty confident feeling about it.

One interesting thing he said: "I'm not unbelievable, I just do what I know to do, something unbelievable is players who scored 60 goals a season, if you say I'm unbelievable it makes this word sounds normal". Sounds really mature to me.

FoxMulder 7 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain, France 4 257

he needs to stay at Monaco one more season at least,
he didn't play that much in the 1st part of the season, he needs a full season to confirm. Any transfer next year can break his progress.

• History

he needs to stay at Monaco one more season at least,
he didn't play that much in the 1st part of the season, he needs a full season ton confirm. Any transfer next year can break his progress.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He's going to be amazing. I'm so glad I got to see a good look at him through the Man City ties. Absolute freak of nature when it comes to his physical build, and a stellar set of technical skills to go with it. I think he should spend at least 2-3 years with Monaco before moving. He's just turned 18, moving to Real Madrid now would be a waste.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I just hope he won't turn into next Sanches. He needs to play and not sit on the bench at other top club.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

what i've noticed not a single young player within last few years is actually showing great signs.
odegaard, mastour, munir, sanches, martial, depay, gaya, gomes, vietto, etc.
none are actually as good as they were expected to be, just showing glimpses of talent every like 5 games.
dybala on the other hand is an exception.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

He needs to stay at Monaco period. The team has great chemistry and a well thought out plan in terms of youth development with a mix of already made stars. If they manage to get past BVB and become Ligue 1 champs then this season has surpassed all their expectations. Next season they will go all out on CL and might even include a big signing.

@Amer, using Gotze as an example for poor youth development when it turns out he has been struggling with a metabolic disorder (which has him permanently sideline) is ridiculous. There are so many examples to show otherwise. I truly dont think any other team can achieve what Barca did during Peps reign. And thats not just because a manager. Its as if all the stars aligned for them which included a golden generation of players under, at the time, an unstoppable game plan and quite the few controversy in CL. Enrique has gotten close but its not as spectacular.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

^yep leaving for a big club too early is a total killer!

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

He could easily take Cavani's place in PSG rather than compete to Benzema and Morata.

Unless Zidane plans to give him a vital role 1 more talent will be wasted like Renato does on Bayern.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

His current value is set at about 60M euro by Monaco from what I heard but I wouldn't be suprise to see them refuse offer that doesn't get close of 70M. Monaco alway did know how to strike a good deal after all. I don't mind him leaving, but only to a club where he will start most of the game, the lad need all the playing time he need and the confidence of the manager to develop even more. Also, am I the only one who feel his face look a bit like that of Oxley-Chamberlain? Just something I have remarked...

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Would Monaco notice the difference?

enter image description here

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Boston Celtics wouldn't

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy They propably would after two or three game. XD

@Madridista You sure about this pal? I kind of think the lack of tatoo would give him away. XD

• History

@quikzyyy They ropably would after two or three game. XD

@Madridista You sure about this pal? I kind of think the lack of tatoo would give him away. XD

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

@liomessi, most popular talents are always going to fail. Freddy Adu, Robinho, Fran Merida, dos Santos, Bojan, even Rossi and Cassano (just mentioned the failed wonderkids, not ones that failed because of going to bigger clubs). Same thing happening in Croatia. Where's Halilovic now? In Las Palmas, not even a starter. And debuted in CL with 17 years, played in Barca with 17. Been best player in Gijon at 18. Now benchwarming.

Jedvaj same (although he is still class). Went to Roma with 17 years as one of best young defenders, now hasn't lived up to 1/10th of his potential. Muric, Brekalo etc.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

I think he would be great fit in Madrid. With ronaldo aging and bale being injured quite a lot he would find plenty of playing time.
Under Zidane he would devolve into a beast just look at Vasquez asensio Casemiro even nacho is amazing now.

We actually need him for the squad.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Salahadin To be fair, I really think Zidane will be a great coach to nurture younger talent, especially considering he had bit of experience with the Castilla and already know how to act with young player. However, considering Mbappe, I'm not sure if he should move to Real so soon. I'm worried he would end up being a second Lucas Vasquez. Great as a sub but never managing to get a regular first team spot. :(

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

One word to describe the younfaster : maturity

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tiki True, I did remark the most impressive young prospect we have nowaday seem very mature, I think thats important. I feel like there is very little young "bad boy" who seem like they will improve very much at the moment. Guess maturity off the field lead to maturity on the field. Inteligent football is one of the most important skill of a footballer in my opinion. Knowing when to take your change and when to pass, try an assist, etc.

Amerr30 7 years ago

@Amer, using Gotze as an example for poor youth development when it turns out he has been struggling with a metabolic disorder (which has him permanently sideline) is ridiculous. There are so many examples to show otherwise. I truly dont think any other team can achieve what Barca did during Peps reign. And thats not just because a manager. Its as if all the stars aligned for them which included a golden generation of players under, at the time, an unstoppable game plan and quite the few controversy in CL. Enrique has gotten close but its not as spectacular.

I honestly don't think his metabolic disorder is the reason why it never materialized. The reason is that simply he wasn't that good, but that is not Gotze's fault by any means. There aren't many, if any, players out there that could emulate not just what Messi did for Barcelona, but what Iniesta and Xavi did as well. It was simply a once-in-a-lifetime - no, once-in-a-century - no. Once in a club's entire history to produce so many great players in a single generation. It will never happen again, not to Barca anyway. I believe something similar once happened in Real Madrid, it was called "La Quinta del Buitre". It included: Emilio Butragueno, Sanchis, Rafel Martin Vazquez, Michel, and Miguel Pardoza. All five players were graduates of La Fabrica. They've won 5 Spanish Championships in a row, and 2 UEFA Cups. They just didn't manage to win the CL, and that is probably why they aren't more widely known. But they made up the best team in Spain, no doubt.

Anyway, my point is that a group of players like that are capable of playing practically any system. Regardless of their coach, no matter what system was implemented with such players - it would have been era definining, and successful. What makes a system great however is whether it can be replicated with players who are not necessarily the cream of the crop. Guardiola's system could not. As we witnessed year after year with Bayern Munich, and this season with City. Even if it was tweaked a little bit, the general idea is the same. That system will always fail unless the team features tremendously talented players capable of playing or making any system a work of 'art'. That is why Guardiola is an extremely overrated coach who tries to implement a system that is detrimental to his players careers and abilities. You would think that a team with the players Bayern had would have been more successful in Europe if they were played with a system that is more suited to their abilities.

According to The Sun, Monaco rejected a bid from a Premier League team in the sum of £95MILLION for Mbappe. Further, they report that Real Madrid will in fact try to sign the player in the summer, perhaps bid even more than that.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3147531/real-madrid-kylian-mbappe-ronaldo/

I think this is just outrageous. There are people starving all over the planet, cannot make enough money for food alone, and here we have clubs paying 100m for a single player. FIFA and/or UEFA has to step in, and set some limits here. A ceiling for transfer fees, as well as player wages. I think with something like that, smaller and mid-table clubs would have a better chance of breaking the monopoly of the 'establishment.'

I say this even though I do want Real to sign Mbappe, about as badly as I wanted them to sign Kaka. I was the biggest fan of Kaka during his peak, thought of him as the better player than both Messi and Ronaldo. If not for his injury, perhaps he could've been just as good as the two greats. Oh well..

I hope we get Mbappe, but I seriously don't think he is worth anywhere near 95m. Even 50m for a player aged 18 is ludicrous, but with todays market, that wouldn't be excessive considering his potential.

Of course, there is always the possibility that this entire story is a fabrication, an attempt to create even more hype.