Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

(Meh or ageing) Players who could leave your team this transfer window and you wouldn't mind...
legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

So to go with the other thread I've started on ideal transfer targets for this transfer window, I decided to make one on players you would not mind seeing them leave, or maybe some you just really want to see the back of.

For me, I've never particularly liked Zappacosta, and I don't know how useful he will be in Sarri's new system. The likelihood is Azpi will move to RB, and maybe Moses will play there too, meaning Zappa will become 3rd choice. Not much use, unless Moses really struggles with the extra defensive duties of RB that he did not have at RWB.

Drinkwater can also go, we have plenty of quality midfield players (starting line-up will probably be Cesc Fabregas, kante and Jorginho) and I'd like us to give opportunities to younger players like Loftus-Cheek and Barkely in less important matches, even if they are more attack minded than Drinkwater. We also have Baka to accomodate, who despite a bad season last season still has potential to do well for us.

Cahill. Let me start by clearing one thing up - I love Cahill and his service to us has been outstanding. He is still a great player even if he is ageing, who is underrated and gets a lot of totally unjust hate from Chelsea fans. However, the competition for starting places in our new lineup will be extremely fierce moving from a back line that had 3 centre backs to one that has 2, and his style of play likely doesn't fit naturally with Sarri's. So with the greatest respect and admiration for Cahill, I believe this may be the time for him to move on.

So to recap, top 3 players who I think should/could leave Chelsea this summer transfer window:

1. Zappacosta
  2. Drinkwater
  3. Cahill
Comments
Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Darmian
Smalling
Fellaini / Rojo

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Drinkwater - still not sure why he was signed.
Caballero - Would prefer someone else as a backup goalkeeper.
Morata - flopped and looks like he really isn't build for the Premier League, doesn't mean I wish the club got rid of him but I wouldn't be bothered.
Willian - Even though he has been a world class player for me even when that opinion was not popular, I wouldn't mind if he gets sold for a big chunk of money, he wasn't that happy in the club last season.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Exactly like Tuanis said :D

Lingelof (I think it's dead terrible)
Darmian
Smalling
Rojo

Then
Fellaini

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Exactly like Tuanis said :D

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Drinkwater

I'm losing patience with Morata, but we'll give him another chance. His heading accuracy is one of if not the best in the world at the moment, but he is utter garbage (or at least really inconsistent) with his feet.

Was never a fan of Zappacosta either, but surely he's more suited to RB in a four-man defence than Moses. Don't know what'll happen to Moses to be fair.

Cahill has been poor but I think we should keep him at the club at least unless he wants to leave.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Vermaelen
Andre gomes
Aleix Vidal

Tuanis 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

@Tuan

Don't you dare underrate the next great defender of the premier league! I trust Lindelof, its the type of player that you can trust in 3-4 years would be a top asset to the team

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

André Gomes
Douglas
Munir
Digne

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Akpom
Asano
Martinez
Jenkinson
Campbell
Jeff
Cech
If Mustafi has another crap season, I will heartlessly put him on this list

I doubt most these guys will leave though honestly.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Rafinha
Bernat

Honestly just want someone more reliable, if Alaba or Kimmich get injured, we're screwed (if we don't buy Pavard of course). If I had to name third player, it'd probably be Rudy :(

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

@tuanis: Nah mate, he isn't and he will never be.

If a defender under Mourinho is still this laughable and unstable :( he has no chance in MU. Similar to Rojo, it's not that he isn't strong or good at times, he just made way too many silly mistakes, his timing always half a second late and that changes a lot, doesn't neccessary made him look bad, but it makes the defend struggles...

I dont have the confident when he is in the team, the way we had Vidic, Rio, Stam, not even Brown or any defender we used to have

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Phil Jones. A tough-looking man made of glass. I don't care if he's decent, he's not good enough in my eyes. Sick of him getting injured season after season. His match up against Hazard in both club and international sealed the deal for me. A waste of space.

Darmian. Started out alright, but never seemed to excel in his position as a RB. Valencia will surely be first choice in most games, and the addition of Dalot should surely persuade Darmian to move on. He's better off elsewhere.

Luke Shaw. Probably one of the biggest misfortune of a signing in recent years. He was supposed to thrive as our LB, but he's been a different player ever since his injury against PSV. I can't bear to see a massive talent like him wasting his chances in our club. I think he should find redemption elsewhere because he never seemed settled under Mourinho to me.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Phil Jones is such a waste of potential talent, similar to West Brown in the past. He does not improve his game :(, hasnt made much improvement. Just a running guy... I do like him a lot but yeah...

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Douglas ; done
Digne : done
But lord Gomes is still here, i would be happy if he leaves for free.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

D Alves (good but getting too old and injury prone)
Jesé (Never had an impact and probably never will)
Lo Celso (Been disappointing in my opinion, has potential though)
K Trapp (Good at times but makes big mistakes a bit too often)

SarriBall 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Morata
Bakayoko
RLC
Cahil
DrinkWater
Zapacosta

They simply don't fit SarriBall and their errors are far too costly. I hope the board will address these issues in the remaining days before the Transfer Window is closed.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Morata
Bakayoko
RLC
Cahil
DrinkWater
Zapacosta

They simply don't fit SarriBall and their errors are far too costly. I hope the board will address these issues in the remaining days till the Transfer Window is closed.