Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Modric hits out at Tottenham's attempts to keep him
talkSPORT 13 years ago
England 10 0

The Croatian midfielder admitted last month that he would like to join Chelsea in order to have a greater chance of gaining silverware and playing Champions League football, only for Levy to react angrily to Modric’s claims by stating he would not be sold at any price.

And now the 25-year-old has reiterated his intentions in an attempt to forge his exit from the White Hart Lane club.
Speaking to Sportske Novosti, he said: "A lot has been published in the press about the meeting with Levy, who gave the public a twisted account of what happened.

“I must say that I am genuinely disappointed about what Levy said to me. He didn't care about what I was telling him. It all only convinced me further that I was right to consider moving on to another club.
I reminded the chairman of our gentleman's agreement when we were in Dubrovnik last summer and I agreed a contract extension with Tottenham. At that time, I had an open chat with Levy - that if a bigger club came in with a concrete offer, we would consider it and agree the best solution for all concerned."

Comments
Khalil 13 years ago
AC Milan, Egypt 0 13

Yeh that was a very very stupid way to react from Levy, common sense basically states that if you need or want someone to stay on your side you dont go running to them and threatening them to throw them on the Bench or the stands if they dont do as you say, simply this will not work, i believe he should have approached him in a better manner that would have encouraged him to reconsider. if he, Modric still wanted to leave, then he has every right too, according to the "gentelmen's" deal Levy and the mid had in Croatia before he signed for spurs.