Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Most underrated player
Croatian 8 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I just wonder what you guys think who is most underrated player, I just wonder because of different perspectives people have, while one can say someone is underrated, other can say he is overrated. I'd also like to show some of mine example like:

Gameiro (versalite in attack, incredible positioning but rarely gets the fame he deserves)
Guti (Real fans remember him, he was playing until few years ago - he is famous for backheel assists but that's only tip of the iceberg, he was fantastic)
Vidal (he speaks for himself, best eleven imo in Bundesliga last season, so versalite and great in any part of game)
Florenzi (great RB, was among the best in Serie A - it's criminal he isn't considered top 5 in the world)
Koke (what a guy, can fit in any system simply a BEAST)
Draxler (I heard he will go to Juventus or Arsenal, both teams would be lucky to have him)
Hamšik (another player outshined by Pogba, he never dabs or change haircuts, he is better than Pogba imo)

that's all ;)

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

The fact that no one, and I mean no one, puts Thomas Muller among the top 5 players in the world hurts me more than any of you will ever know. There isn't a player in the world who delivers the results coupled with the workload he runs for both club and country.

I agree with you on Florenzi as well. He's fantastic in every Roma game I see.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

I don't agree with Muller - he just has awesome positioning, but he's lacklustre at basically everything else.
I'm also going to disagree with Vidal being on the list, everyone know he's great and everyone acknowledges it. so not underrated, everyone knows he's good

The most major underrated player is Carrasco from atleti. Man that guy is just amazing. The great thing about him is that he appears in big games, CL games. Yet no one mentions him.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I don't agree with Muller - he's just has awesome positioning, but he's lacklustre at basically everything else.
I'm also going to disagree with Vidal being on the list, everyone know he's great and everyone acknowledges it. so not underrated, everyone knows he's good

The most major underrated player is Carrasco from atleti. Man that guy is just amazing. The great thing about him is that he appears in big games, CL games. Yet no one mentions him.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Di natale.

NovaRuk 8 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

Dries Mertens

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Koscielny

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Koke - This guy is part of the excellent Atletico midfield that allows them to go from counter attacking to defending to attacking mindset in the blink of an eye.

I agree with Sunflash on the Muller thing, I personally love the guy. His positional sense is awesome and if he was not so unselfish he would have lots of goals. Also, as a human being he is awesome.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Koke is one of the best midfielders in the world but doesn't get the credit for it. Most people don't even know he exists. I'd say the Atletico squad as a whole are underrated for their individual skill.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian98 Some people doesn't know Koke exist? :O Maybe because he is still somewhat young, I mean, whenever I think Altetico, I think Griezman, Godin, Koke and Oblak nowaday. Those are their top player in my opinion.

@Sunflash @Saatvik Agree with you two on Muller, maybe not top 5 player in the world for me, but somewhere between top 10 or top 15. His positional skill might be his one true strenght, but he is so good at it that he is turning it into art. Him and Lewandoski really work well together and he can often make the difference for his team as seen previously.

@Chelsea8 Nice mention, this guys was great but underated because he played most of his career for Udinese, a team that was never one of the big gun.

@NovaRuk Mertens is good but I feel he is not Napoli top player for a reason, I also heard he dived quite a bit but I might have been misinformed on that one. Still a good player though as I said first.

@quikzyyy Are you serious? Koscielny is one of the best defender Arsenal had last season. Everyone know how good he is, why would he be underated. ;P

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797
  • Mueller
  • Sergio Busquets
  • Eriksen

Mueller is the most underrated player you will see, he is the definition of Efficiency. Yes he is not a skilled nor a dribbler nor a magician or any other amazing things you can see clearly, but he just does things that needs to be done.

The only player that resembles him is Sergio Busquets. These two players don't really care about flashy tricks, they just do their job, and when they do it, they excel in it. For me, definitely in the top 5.

Their workload and positioning are amazing in their respective roles. They pressure the opposition making them create mistakes, they drag players into a different position and a single pass can simply change the entire game momentum, their decisions on and off the ball is incomparable.

Eriksen is a an excellent midfielder. One of the best Free kick takers, excellent crossing, vision, passing. Very well composed player and a fine dribbler. He is an amazing midfielder that is really quite underrated.

I wanted to add Franco Vazquez cause so far he has been amazing for Sevilla and he was quite decent for Palermo, excellent dribbler and has great passing, he may not be fast but his composure and control on the ball is amazing, a slow yet diligent player.

Croatian 8 years ago

Muller is very popular amongst Bayern fans, he deserves more recognition tho. Could agree on Rosicky and di Natale too. Damn, what a player Rosicky would be without that injury.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Muller is one of the player who do an incredible job but still manage to not being well known for some reason, maybe it because he doesn't score as many goal as the like of Ronaldo and Suarez or maybe its because he doesn't stand out very much in term of physic.

Aiden_Finland 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

Casemiro, Dani Carvajal, Dusan Tadic and Sergio Roberto

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Casemiro, Carvajal, Tadic and Sergio Roberto

amir_keal 8 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I disagree. I think Muller is in fact overated. The german community expect him to overtake Klose's world cup record. Whilst his career has been better than Klose's. Muller has not done anything in the past year to become 'underrated'. Just an opinion though

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@amir

I respectfully disagree.

It's hard to pin down an exact praise or critique of Muller, because he plays so many different positions, from ST, CAM, CF, CM, RM, RW, and even on occasion, LW. Because he doesn't hold down any of these positions, and from the Bayern games I watch, changes them in during the game, it's hard to evaluate. He doesn't score as many goals as the best forwards, he doesn't create as much as the best midfielders, and he doesn't cross as well as the best wingers.

That being said, whenever Bayern does almost anything, Muller is involved. His very presence seemingly counts for so much, and he routinely scores 20+ goals during a season, a fantastic amount for someone who is not normally a striker. The most accurate way in my opinion to describe Muller is someone who connects the midfield to the attack, but is not a CAM. He is the midfield. He is the attack. No one else in the world plays the game quite like Thomas Muller.

His big-game attributes are also worth noting, in a time where the best in the world (e.g. Ronaldo, Messi) have a bad habit of disappearing in the biggest games. Muller was the best young player at the 2010 world cup while winning the golden boot, won the 2014 WC with the silver boot and a place in the best XI of the tournament, scored in Bayern's 2012 CL final defeat, and who pulls away the last defender of Robben CL winning goal? Muller of course.

Almost a better representation of Muller's abilities is what happens when he doesn't play well, case study being the 2016 Euros. Germany has tons of talent. But when Muller had a bad tournament, so did Germany. With how good the Germans have been since he arrived, I think that speaks volumes.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Man, I really love it when you do that kind of analysis, never change Sun. ;D

amir_keal 8 years ago

One thing to note is that he sometimes doesn't influence the game, and a lot of people agree that Lewandoski is Bayern's main man, not Muller or anyone else. I also mention that despite having a great career at youth, he hasn't done anything big in 2016 except for about 5 games. I think he is actually a little overated. He for me is not in the top . But he does excel in positioning

amir_keal 8 years ago

My opinion of underated players are

Salah
Gameiro
Coutinho
Moura
Willian
Pjanic
Koke
Casemiro
Quarsema
Luis

No order

Croatian 8 years ago

@amir, you can't say there is one main man in Bayern. imo Bayern is most complete team in the world, not because there are quality reserves, but that our whole bench would comfortably play in some top club in Europe. We also have Sanches and Kimmich. In 2016 Muller was tremendous. He was playing on different positions and was able to keep permanent form. He also saved us from dropping against Juventus in CL.

Also, can't agree with Moura being underrated, he hasn't been consistent in last 2-3 season from what I have seen.

amir_keal 8 years ago

Barcelona, Real Madrid are also pretty complete, both in attack and defend. I can't say that Sanches has played the way he did in the euros and for Benfica. True, he did save you against Juventus, but like I said, I still think he is not underrated and will stick to that.

Thing with Moura is, people don't view him as a threat, but he is threat no doubt. He also has the added bonus of turning up for big games, something others don't have.