Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Multi-Accounters a.k.a Sock Puppets banned
FootyRoom 9 years ago
36 175

Hi everyone,

We have implemented a system which looks out for multi-accounters a.k.a sock puppets. Today we have banned more than 200 accounts. These accounts were controlled by around 10 different people.

For most cases we have left the master account of the violators unbanned, although in more severe cases we have banned them all.

We will not be naming and shaming them, however hopefully this will send out a clear message to all violators that you will be caught. Next time we will be banning your master account too.

For people that we ban, we do not send out emails with explanation. However, if you feel like we made a mistake please contact us through the feedback form.

FootyRoom Team

Comments
CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

That much multi-accounts here by only 10 different people? How many e-mails they have,lol.Wish you good luck to ban all of them,to site even be better...

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Woah! 20 emails per person.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yeahhhhh!!!

Argjent 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Kosovo 8 714

Lol,i'm a bit suprised,to see that i am not in that Banned-list [yet] ! 10+ people are saying that i got multi-accounts maybe 20+ accounts lol.Anyway a person to have 20 FR accounts,well that's not normal (just to be on Top Comment i think]

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lol,i'm a bit suprised,to see that i am not in that Banned-list [yet] ! 10+ people are saying that i got multi-accounts maybe 20+ accounts lol.Anyway a person to have 20 emails,well that's not normal (just to be on Top Comment i think]

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Argjent: since you stated that, I would have you known that you are a bit lucky, we dont ban master account (only ban the socks puppet accounts). The master account of those that are extreme will be banned permanently. You are way less extreme :) so no problem.

And yeah, those are glory hunter and a bit crazy... :D

@multiaccounters out there: FR is nice not to list all name shere, but consider this as a official warning

• History

@Argjent: since you stated that, I would have you known that you are a bit lucky, we dont ban master account (only ban the socks puppet accounts).

The master account of those that are extreme will be banned permanently. You are less extreme :) so no problem.

@multiaccounter: FR is nice not to list all name shere, but consider this as a warning

@Argjent: since you stated that, I would have you known that you are a bit lucky, we dont ban master account (only ban the socks puppet accounts). The master account of those that are extreme will be banned permanently. You are way less extreme :) so no problem.

@multiaccounter: FR is nice not to list all name shere, but consider this as a warning

And yeah, those are glory hunter and a bit crazy... :D

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Hurrayyyyyyyy.

mladen 9 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

Nice

Argjent 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 8 714

Wow,good luck :)

Vendetta 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Hooray!

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Since I can't thumb up this thread 2000+ times, here is my 1+ :P Thanks FR. Sock Puppets no more! :)

ramaboy10 9 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

ironfist2010 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Egypt 69 907

finally you did it :) great (y)

SoccerBoss 9 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Is this what you get when you try to log in into a banned account?

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

+1

now remember kids, FootyRoom is serious business ;)

manchesterutI 9 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

People that create accounts just to +1 themselves, just like they do on FB:

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

bump

Iraqi_Madridista 9 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

Well done FOOTY!!!

Edited By Mod
Reason:
this thread was not made to call out other users. and @Argjent... i wouldn't act like a smartass if i were you. perhaps you should re-read Tuan_Jinn post.

Diamant06 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, Kosovo 9 70

Can someone explain me,how you be sure that one person is multi-accounter?! If you don't get the Computer ID,it's very hard.Anyway i can't believe that someone use much accounts. (My friend's account has been banned too,idk the reason why,but i think everyone has the right to open FR accounts,it would be more proffesional

• History

Can someone explain me,how you be sure that one person is multi-accounter?! If you don't get the Computer ID,it's very hard.Anyway i can't believe that someone use much accounts

manchesterutI 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, England 23 388

Diamant its easy,by checking the IP address. In case you don't know what an IP address is,it stands for Internet Protocol address and is the unique set of numbers that identifies every device connected to a network.

All of computers/phones/tablets/etc connected to your home network have the same IP address in terms of the internet. This number does not change based on what you're logged into a forum as, and you have no control over what the number is.

The way to change this number is either by asking your ISP to change it (they usually don't on request), or if you have a dynamic IP you can turn off your router and modem for 30 mins to an hour and you'll get a new one when you turn it back on.

Also, you can use proxy to change/hide your IP but thats risky because some proxies might save every password you enter while you're going through their proxy. Hope this explanation made sense, and helped you understand how it works.

• History

Diamant its easy,by checking the IP address. In case you don't know what an IP address is,it stands for Internet Protocol address and is the unique set of numbers that identifies every device connected to a network.
All of computers/phones/tablets/etc connected to your home network have the same IP address in terms of the internet. This number does not change based on what you're logged into a forum as, and you have no control over what the number is.
The way to change this number is either by asking your ISP to change it (they usually don't on request), or if you have a dynamic IP you can turn off your router and modem for 30 mins to an hour and you'll get a new one when you turn it back on.
Also, you can use proxy to change/hide your IP but thats risky because some proxies might save every password you enter while you're going through their proxy. Hope this explanation made sense and helped you understand how it works.

Also, you can use proxy to change/hide your IP but thats risky because some proxies might save every password you enter while you're going through their proxy. Hope this explanation made sense, and helped you understand how it works.

HorseAFC 9 years ago
60 798

Great job FR. +1 from me :D