{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

My Frustation as an Arsenal fan year after year
amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

First half of the season vs Second half of the season on ArsenalFanTV 😭

Posted by The SPORT Bible on Saturday, February 18, 2017

Hate to admit it but it is so true. However, I despise delusional talk.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hate to admit it but it is so true. However, if I had to be honest, I hate delusional people more than unexpected collapse.

Hate to admit it but it is so true.

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The solution is easy. Just go across the road and be a Chelsea fan. :')

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Arsenal are not as good as your fans think they are start of the season, and they're not as bad your fans think they are by the end. Every team is the same way, it's just it Arsenal it's become a meme because of their consist emotional flailing. You think Chelsea wasn't experiencing this last season? How about United's last few years? Barcelona can win La Liga, but getting knocked out of the CL semis is a failure of a season according to their fanbase.

I know I seem like an emotionless cunt, but I'm not. Fanbases without exclusion buy into whatever their club sells them at the start of the season and set the bar far higher than it should objectively be. For 99% of clubs in 99% of seasons, that means failure from the fans point of view.

I don't have anything against ambition. I think without it a team dies. But let's not lose sight of reality. The reality is that Arsenal is a very good team and that's it. They probably won't win a league, and they sure as hell won't win a CL. Part of the reason why Arsenal is stuck in the position they are now is because their own fans don't understand what proper ambition looks like. The type of signings they're asking for as a group (and the ones they applaud that have happened) don't speak of ambition, they reek of complacency. Chelsea, United, City - they are linked with anyone and everyone who is world class (often to my annoyance) but it's because that's what the fans demand.

You got to know when to scream, or otherwise it's just the boy who cried wolf. United fans screamed with Moyes, and then endured with remarkable resilience LVG's 4th place team because we had a grip on reality. That team was never going to win the title. Even the next season we were content with top 4, and it's because LVG DIDN'T accomplish that that he was fired. This season under Mourinho, we're sitting in sixth, but the fanbase is highly optimistic. Does anyone here actually think United is moving in the wrong direction?

I use this example because can you imagine the panic in the Arsenal camp if they were 6th right now? Can you imagine the outrage if they didn't get top 4 like United didn't last season? Even Chelsea fans, who are hardly an example for anything - endured their horrific last season with remarkable dignity and many protested vocally about Mourinho's firing. While few would argue that decision now, the Chelsea fanbase was quite levelheaded throughout the entire ordeal.

This is in utter and total contrast to Arsenal. The outrage, the distrust, the emotional mood swings that in a single human would be labelled bipolar are an every year spectacle to the point where the fans of every other team wait, sniggering, for it to happen every season.

Your management is poor, your players aren't good enough, your executives are not generous, your manager is the mark of consistency, and your fanbase is complete and utter cancer. No one says that last one very often, and when they do, like Gary Neville, it is received with nothing but self-denial.

I honestly believe that if Wenger is fired Arsenal wouldn't even come close to top 4 without SIGNIFICANT investment in the side. In a club whose players are always not good enough, where the executives don't spend enough money, and the fanbase is too busy jerking itself off to dream of what they are not, Wenger is the only constant, and since the only other constant about Arsenal is their point total, who do you think is responsible for that?

It sure as hell ain't the fanbase.

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited

Arsenal are not as good as your fans think they are start of the season, and they're not as bad your fans think they are by the end. Every team is the same way, it's just it Arsenal it's become a meme because of their consist emotional flailing. You think Chelsea wasn't experiencing this last season? How about United's last few years? Barcelona can win La Liga, but getting knocked out of the CL semis is a failure of a season according to their fanbase.

There's a difference however. Arsenal constantly get top 4, knocked out round of 16, and might win the odd FA cup. Chelsea were 10th. and now look like they will win the league because of a few adjustments, manager change and formation change. Arsenal haven't had the big boost. The fans in that video are a bunch of delusional people if you ask me. They are part of the reasons of our failure. Enjoy the victory, but please don't call Wenger a god, or we will win Champions League after a good performance against Basel

I know I seem like an emotionless ****, but I'm not. Fanbases without exclusion buy into whatever their club sells them at the start of the season and set the bar far higher than it should objectively be. For 99% of clubs in 99% of seasons, that means failure from the fans point of view.

I don't disagree with you. Again, with Arsenal it's the lack of moving forward, whilst our rivals are spending big. They probably won't win the league, and that's why they would consider that specific season a failure, but after a few years, you can see progress. Not Arsenal sadly.

I don't have anything against ambition. I think without it a team dies. But let's not lose sight of reality. The reality is that Arsenal is a very good team and that's it. They probably won't win a league, and they sure as hell won't win a CL. Part of the reason why Arsenal is stuck in the position they are now is because their own fans don't understand what proper ambition looks like. The type of signings they're asking for as a group (and the ones they applaud that have happened) don't speak of ambition, they reek of complacency. Chelsea, United, City - they are linked with anyone and everyone who is world class (often to my annoyance) but it's because that's what the fans demand.

What stood out most for the last few years was they probably won' t win the league. Look at Manchester City. They were nobody. They went from 10th to 5th to 3rd and 1st because of the money they decided to invest. I get 20 million was a lot back then, but that probably equates to about 35 million now. I believe I will even do a better job than Ivan Gazidas. The world class signings are a bunch of bullshit, but that's ambition. Look at Pogba. He was ready to play for United. Chelsea instantly bought Luiz. Arsenal take a month to get Mustafi. Media fuckers also take the piss sometimes. There's this guy called John Cross who purposely makes false rumors on terrible players. I wouldn't mind spending money on a guy that's not really hyped, as long as I have regularly seen him play. I don't really buy into world class players. Also, look at Mkhitaryan. He was actually an Arsenal target, but sadly, the people working at Arsenal came out with nonsense, so we couldn't get him.

You got to know when to scream, or otherwise it's just the boy who cried wolf. United fans screamed with Moyes, and then endured with remarkable resilience LVG's 4th place team because we had a grip on reality. That team was never going to win the title. Even the next season we were content with top 4, and it's because LVG DIDN'T accomplish that that he was fired. This season under Mourinho, we're sitting in sixth, but the fanbase is highly optimistic. Does anyone here actually think United is moving in the wrong direction?

Correct. I agree. However, when your about to win the title, but then mess it up with certain results which you came in badly prepared, it makes you HAVE to do something about it. Here's a fact. In the last half of 2015/16, we won 8 out of 19. When you know your better than teams like Swansea, Palace, Sunderland... Does that not annoy you? You've already seen disappointing results, like against Everton when Fellini came on and gave away a pen. Anyway, if you see bigger teams collapse for an entire season ( maybe not tottenham), and you yourself don't take advantage, I don't need to know if our squad is good enough. I know Arsenal are better than those teams we couldn't win.

I use this example because can you imagine the panic in the Arsenal camp if they were 6th right now? Can you imagine the outrage if they didn't get top 4 like United didn't last season? Even Chelsea fans, who are hardly an example for anything - endured their horrific last season with remarkable dignity and many protested vocally about Mourinho's firing. While few would argue that decision now, the Chelsea fanbase was quite levelheaded throughout the entire ordeal.

I for one would be annoyed, if I don't see signs of improvement. If improvements happen, then it's not too bad.

This is in utter and total contrast to Arsenal. The outrage, the distrust, the emotional mood swings that in a single human would be labelled bipolar are an every year spectacle to the point where the fans of every other team wait, sniggering, for it to happen every season.

Realistically speaking, I am a cautious guy, but I certainly don't go barking RIP WOB after a few games. Nor i blame the rain for a poor performance. You can't expect me to be happy after seeing my team perform poorly.

Your management is poor, your players aren't good enough, your executives are not generous, your manager is the mark of consistency, and your fanbase is complete and utter cancer. No one says that last one very often, and when they do, like Gary Neville, it is received with nothing but self-denial.

For that alone, you deserve a +1. But as someone as high a status of Neville, calling someone an idiot is certainly wrong.

I honestly believe that if Wenger is fired Arsenal wouldn't even come close to top 4 without SIGNIFICANT investment in the side. In a club whose players are always not good enough, where the executives don't spend enough money, and the fanbase is too busy jerking itself off to dream of what they are not, Wenger is the only constant, and since the only other constant about Arsenal is their point total, who do you think is responsible for that?

We don't need significant spending. Just to erase a few problems that Wenger clearly can't see, and then we are good. The person I blame is the owner and the board. Who else are you supposed to blame when your owner announced that he bought Arsenal as a business. The board are also accepting of this.

Agreed.

• History

There's a difference however. Arsenal constantly get top 4, knocked out round of 16, and might win the odd FA cup. Chelsea were 10th. and now look like they will win the league because of a few adjustments, manager change and formation change. Arsenal haven't had the big boost. The fans in that video are a bunch of delusional people if you ask me. They are part of the reasons of our failure. Enjoy the victory, but please don't call Wenger a god, or we will win Champions League after a good performance against Basel

I know I seem like an emotionless ****, but I'm not. Fanbases without exclusion buy into whatever their club sells them at the start of the season and set the bar far higher than it should objectively be. For 99% of clubs in 99% of seasons, that means failure from the fans point of view.

I don't disagree with you. Again, with Arsenal it's the lack of moving forward, whilst our rivals are spending big. They probably won't win the league, and that's why they would consider that specific season a failure, but after a few years, you can see progress. Not Arsenal sadly.

What stood out most for the last few years was they probably won' t win the league. Look at Manchester City. They were nobody. They went from 10th to 5th to 3rd and 1st because of the money they decided to invest. I get 20 million was a lot back then, but that probably equates to about 35 million now. I believe I will even do a better job than Ivan Gazidas. The world class signings are a bunch of bullshit, but that's ambition. Look at Pogba. He was ready to play for United. Chelsea instantly bought Luiz. Arsenal take a month to get Mustafi. Media fuckers also take the piss sometimes. There's this guy called John Cross who purposely makes false rumors on terrible players. I wouldn't mind spending money on a guy that's not really hyped, as long as I have regularly seen him play. I don't really buy into world class players. Also, look at Mkhitaryan. He was actually an Arsenal target, but sadly, the people working at Arsenal came out with nonsense, so we couldn't get him.

Correct. I agree. However, when your about to win the title, but then mess it up with certain results which you came in badly prepared, it makes you HAVE to do something about it. Here's a fact. In the last half of 2015/16, we won 8 out of 19. When you know your better than teams like Swansea, Palace, Sunderland... Does that not annoy you? You've already seen disappointing results, like against Everton when Fellini came on and gave away a pen. Anyway, if you see bigger teams collapse for an entire season ( maybe not tottenham), and you yourself don't take advantage, I don't need to know if our squad is good enough. I know Arsenal are better than those teams we couldn't win.

I for one would be annoyed, if I don't see signs of improvement. If improvements happen, then it's not too bad.

Realistically speaking, I am a cautious guy, but I certainly don't go barking RIP WOB after a few games. Nor i blame the rain for a poor performance. You can't expect me to be happy after seeing my team perform poorly.

For that alone, you deserve a +1. But as someone as high a status of Neville, calling someone an idiot is certainly wrong.

We don't need significant spending. Just to erase a few problems that Wenger clearly can't see, and then we are good. The person I blame is the owner and the board. Who else are you supposed to blame when your owner announced that he bought Arsenal as a business. The board are also accepting of this.

True.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Addition to all that has been said: Arsenal is a good team, play good football wont cut it anymore. Fans gotta think they are shit and deserve much better.

Do they have to potential to win the title. Yes.
Have they established themselves as one of the world biggest club and have fan bases everywhere. Yes.
Is that enough for them to a for title every year? Yes.

Do they show the ambition to do that based on their transfer, yearly evaluation...? No
Do the fan get usedto/comfortable with being 4th. Seems yes.
Do the managerial board? Yes.

Are they consider and ELITE club now? Sadly no.

If you agree with me mostly, I dont think compare Arsenal to Chelsea and ManCity applicable anymore.

• History

Addition to all that has been said: Arsenal is a good team, play good football wont cut it anymore. Fans gotta think they are shit and deserve much better.

Do they have to potential to win the title. Yes.
Have they established themselves as one of the world biggest club and have fan bases everywhere. Yes.
Is that enough for them to a for title every year? Yes.

Do they show the ambition to do that based on their transfer, yearly evaluation...? No
Do the fan get usedto/comfortable with being 4th. Seems yes.
Do the managerial board? Yes.

Are they consider and ELITE club now? Sadly no.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal is a good team, play good football

We don't even play good football anymore for last few years.

Owners only aim at Arsenal is maximum profit. Yesterday Arsenal announced profit of 12.6 million for the last six months, despite spending record 86 million in one transfer window. The next day you see Arsenal chairman talking about how club won't pay Alexis & Ozil the money they wants.

Joke owner, joke board, joke manager, joke club.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

It's unfair to add DT and troopz saying "I give him a 10/10" when they were only evaluating one match. Those two have been saying Wenger Out for a few years now.

decentK 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

That video is very selective, not to mention the fact that ArsenalFanTV is all about money.
But one thing I despise the most is this "Troopz" guy saying blud every 0.5 seconds. I have nothing against speaking your own way, but I think even someone who has spoken English for 2 days as a 2nd or 3rd language can speak with more vocabulary.

EDIT: wow did Ty actually say that pitch was wet, I always thought that was just made up lmao.

• History

That video is very selective, not to mention the fact that ArsenalFanTV is all about money.
But one thing I despise the most is this "Troopz" guy saying blud every 0.5 seconds. I have nothing against speaking your own way, but I think even someone who has spoken English for 2 days as a 2nd or 3rd language can speak with more vocabulary.

amir_keal 7 years ago

Madridista11

True, but I'm not the one who made this video. It makes a point because we have been shit at the start of each year for such a long time

DecentK

You're right in a way, that video is a little selective, but that video wasn't made by AFTV. Plus, I really doubt AFTV started as a business, considering the fact you start from 0 subscribers. Also you hating on Troopz is your opinion, but when you're growing up and hearing the word blud from someone you've known for maybe a long time can make it your own habit. However, I can see that he's trying to reduce that. Maybe not his tone of speech, just the word blud which you despise.

wow did Ty actually say that pitch was wet, I always thought that was just made up lmao.

That guy cares more about writing off other teams, loving Wenger and talking rubbish. I'm not too surprised he got punched by that West Ham fan in which he shown no respect and call them shit. Calling other teams shit for no reason is never the right thing to do. I see the West Ham fan and Ty wrong, but in matches where hooligans are a problem, Ty in my opinion bought it up himself.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Arsenal FAN TV and their fans constantly ranting give me lots of joy :D Especially the bold guy and the one that says blood every other second hahah

decentK 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

@amir I know it wasn't made by ArsenalFanTV, but what I meant that ArsenalFanTV is all about money these days is pretty much a fact. First it started as a genuine channel for fans, but these days they speak horsesh!t on purpose just to get views and money, that's becoming obvious for everyone these days. The G.Neville thing was made up story just to get attention to their channel. They misquoted him a loads of times to make him look like a victim. Now they've made about 3000 pounds from AD revenue + sponsors from that bullsh*t G.Nev story.

• History

@amir I know it wasn't made by ArsenalFanTV, but what I meant that ArsenalFanTV is all about money these days is pretty much a fact. First it started as a genuine channel for fans, but these days they speak horsesht on purpose just to get views and money, that's becoming obvious for everyone these days. The G.Neville thing was made up story just to get attention to their channel. They misquoted him a loads of times to make him look like a victim. Now they've made about 3000 pounds from AD revenue + sponsors from that bullsht G.Nev story.

amir_keal 7 years ago

True, I do agree with you on that context. However, don't most higher class youtubers do that nowadays? They generally come up with a idea which comes to them and upload it for cash.

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

^Yes. That's pretty much what I am trying to say. Their opinions aren't equivalent to general Arsenal fans opinions, because it's all about the show.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

It is mostly other club fans throwing banter at Arsenal fans rather than Arsenal fans watching it.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here

amir_keal 7 years ago

How can someone be Wenger in? It makes no sense now. I hope no one here backs him.

Abo_Zogom 7 years ago
Arsenal 0 240

Arsenal is a business team not a trophy team. Simple is that, even if you change Wenger. The management just focuses on business.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

And yet there are teams who use trophies as a business model... like Real Madrid and Bayern. It is possible, it's just that Arsenal's board refuse to chase that particular kind of model. They don't seem to care enough about success. Must f**king suck to be an Arsenal fan in this past decade. :/

AlexJuve 7 years ago
Juventus, Italy 8 89

easy solution: stop being an arsenal fan

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

In Kroenke's 71 seasons as a majority owner of a professional sports franchise he has won 3 titles.