Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Neymar leaves the club "Almost Done"
Daggerwall 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 3 32

Yup, it happened boys. Barca has released an official statement stating that Neymar intends to leave the club and he will be traveling to London to finalize the terms of the deal. I don't really know why he had to leave, I suppose there is more going on behind the curtains than I am privy to but I still remain confident that Barca was the best place for Neymar.

Apparently he's gonna become the poster boy for Qatar 2022 and he'll get 300 million for that, of which 222 will be paid to Barca. So technically he's leaving for free and PSG wouldn't have "paid" a dime for him. Lawful or not? Idk

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Daggerwall As usual Qatar do whatever they want to get their way and it seem nobody will be able to stop them. Anyway, its not very class, that for sure, from either party (Neymar or PSG). I agree Neymar might have been better off in Spain, as French is a bit more physical and ref are less protective of the player, he will have to change his mindset a bit if he is to succeed there imo.

PS: Could it be you meant Paris and not London?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Still hard to believe but its really happening isn't? And to think I was the one defending the possibility of the move at first. Crazy. :(

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo Yea...I still think it's a mistake but it's his career so...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Agreed, it his life like you said though so he can do what he want. Simply hoping it won't bite him in the butt later on. :(

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo still nice from Messi to post that vid, they had great times together so memories stay.

AlexBatak 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

in 10 years players will go for 1 billion euros. It's just getting crazy each year. Might as well just sign singers if you want to sell shirts this is how football is becoming lately. There should be a law on the maximum player worth of 50 million. So players either stay at their own club or prefer another club if they can afford it knowing they will pay him the same.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

in 10 years players will go for 1 billion euros. It's just getting crazy each year. Might as well just sign singers if you want to sell t-shirts this is how football is becoming lately. There should be a law on the maximum player worth of 50 million. So players either stay at their own club or prefer another club if they can afford it knowing they will pay him the same.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I can't help but think that this is a terrible decision for everyone involved.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I don't think everyone agrees with you sunflash especially Neymar , Neymars dad , Barcelona and frankly PSG .

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think everyone agrees with you sunflash especially Neymar , Neymars dad , Barcelona and frankly PSG

From where I'm sitting:

Neymar will have to play a lot better, he's never carried a major club before having played second fiddle to Messi and even Suarez at times, the only game where he was the clear leader was (ironically) the PSG game.

Neymar's dad makes out like a f*cking bandit, I wasn't even thinking about him.

Barcelona loses out on a player who seemed like a foregone conclusion to be a ballon d'or winner and main man in the next few years. I'm not sure money, any amount of money, can replace that.

PSG sells their soul for a player that's never really carried the load before, and has struggled when it was his burden to do so. I don't think he'll do poorly, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a situation in a few years that looks that differently from Bale at Real now. I know PSG is made of money, but 200+ mil has to make a bit of a dent.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Sunflash Thats kind of true to be fair, unless he perform like Messi, wich isn't ever gonna happen, thats a lots of money even for one of the richest club of the world, there is also the fact that they still need to get rid of so many player at the moment that I'm not sure they should really focus on him right now but instead, on finding way's of getting rid of their useless player.

@Alex I agree its getting worse and worse, to be fair, if wouldn't have been for the release clause, the transfer wouldn't have happened though.

• History

@Sunflash Thats kind of true to be fair, unless he perform like Messi, wich isn't ever gonna happen, thats a lots of money even for one of the richest club of the world, there is also the fact that they still need to get rid of so many player at the moment that I'm not sure they should really focus on him right now but instead, on finding way's of getting rid of their useless player.

@Alex I agree its getting worse and worse, to be fair, if wouldn't have been for the release clause, the transfer wouldn't have happened.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

It's sad that MSN, one of the deadliest tridents ever, has broken up. Neymar was going to carry Barca on the near future but I guess he wasn't content with that. I don't feel he will receive a Ballon while at PSG, unless he happens to win Ligue 1, CL and WC all on the same year.

Barca have a crazy amount of money into signing a top player to replace him and the options are somewhat limited. Dyballa Mbappe and Debele are probably the best choices.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

If Neymar wins Champions League with PSG he can get Ballon D'or, and that team almost eliminated Barcelona last season, if it wasn't for Neymars free kick goal and penalty PSG would have played Juventus the next round.

it's not like Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo needed to win the World Cup and league and Champions League in the same season in order to get Ballon D'or either so lets not have a different criteria for Neymar.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Raimondo I think he could win if Ronaldo and Messi both had lackluster year and that Atletico managed to win La Liga while Brazil make it to the final of world cup or something like that. It could happen.

@Golazo111 Yeah but he would need to score around 30 goal a season as well. Winning CL but not being the main man in the team while doing it would be kind of useless. He will compete with Cavani for the goal scoring as well, lets not forget. :(

• History

@Raimondo Think he could win if Ronaldo and Messi both had lackluster year and that Atletico managed to win La Liga while Brazil make it to the final of world cup or something like that. It could happen.

@Golazo111 Yeah but he would need to score around 30 goal a season as well. Winning CL but not being the main man in the team while doing it would be kind of useless. He will compete with Cavani for the goal scoring as well, lets not forget. :(

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo You can be sure he will be the main man in the team just like he is the main man in Brazil national team.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo You are right, I hope so at the very least. Really hope the move work out for him and PSG. :)

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Golazo, but Neymar is neither Messi nor Ronaldo. He will not achieve similar feat as those two. Perhaps be close but wont score 30+ goals every season. Also, the french league doesnt really have too much renown competition. Need I remind you that in a season were Bayern won a treble Messi got the Ballon?

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@raimondo Neymar will be fine, it's too harsh to say that he won't do or can't do he is who he is, not Messi not Cristiano he will be Neymar.

Though winning the Champions League as the star player of a french team sounds amazing giving the rivals from other bigger leagues and all that, I don't remember the last time a french team won CL so it would be a great achievement regardless if Neymar can score 30 goals in the french league or not.

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

The competition in France makes no difference. Look at La Liga and tell me that league is more competitive from top to bottom, team wise. Barca and Real run away usually and Atleti challenge sometimes.

Neymar will be judged in the Champions League! Sure PSG will be expected to win their league, and they should considering the team they have, but Champions League will be where Neymar is under the biggest microscope. The World Cup is also there next year so that is another event the globe will be watching.

I don't think this is a good move for Neymar. An opinion of course, but be was to succeed Messi soon enough. He is in a league that helps his play style. His money, what he is not already making, is coming with new contract extensions.

I hope he kicks butt and shows that he can lead. That he can take the stronger player style and flourish.

Money is money though. Don't get me started on player salaries, and that is for all sports.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

You are comparing La Liga and League 1. Makes no different???? You must be joking...

I can see where your comlarison comes from though because of the 2 superior teams though. League 1 lower and mid table teams are terrible, the quality of football is relatively lower and less attractive. EPL is the leading along with La Liga in this term.

Back to the topic, the whole marget is insane amd ridiculous, thanks to the oil sugar dadies, and us fans who thinks: because we are rich clubs, because we can....

Neymar's dad has a lot to do with it and my be vdisgusting. But on the football side, may be in different team with Messi would be the next step toward no.1. This has nothing to do with their relationship, they are great. Its just Messi is too good. It would be really hard to outshine him in the same team. And Neymar has already learned enough too.