Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Neymar pays his Clause to leave Barcelona
quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

NEYMAR JOINS PSG

On Thursday afternoon Neymar Jr's legal representatives visited in person the Club's offices and made the payment of 222 million euros in the player's name with regards to the unilateral termination of the contract that united both parties.

As such, the Club will pass on to UEFA the details of the above operation so that they can determine the disciplinary responsibilities that may arise from this case.
enter image description here

Thoughts?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So it's official now, (will update the topic when there will be more info in english)

Thoughts?

Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Disgusting!

On one hand I understand the decision to leave Barca, a step to be No1. But waited for another year wouldn't slow down his progress...

On the other hand, this disgusting money from whatever source it is upsets the market. The kind of money they can restructure Syria...

And now, Barca has 222mil. to spend... I dont like this.

• History

Disgusting!

Disgusting!

On one hand I understand the decision to leave Barca, a step to be No1.

On the other hand, this disgusting money from whatever source it is upsets the market. The kind of money they can restructure the entire Syria

Disgusting!

On one hand I understand the decision to leave Barca, a step to be No1. But waited for another year wouldn't slow down his progress...

On the other hand, this disgusting money from whatever source it is upsets the market. The kind of money they can restructure the entire Syria

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

From Barca's official website:

On Thursday afternoon Neymar Jr's legal representatives visited in person the Club's offices and made the payment of 222 million euros in the player's name with regards to the unilateral termination of the contract that united both parties.
As such, the Club will pass on to UEFA the details of the above operation so that they can determine the disciplinary responsibilities that may arise from this case.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/news/2017-2018/fc-barcelona-communique-on-neymar-jr-buyout-clause

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I think he did what he thought was the best.Best of luck in his new adventure.Like I said before, he will win the Ballon D'or very soon, whether he is in Barcelona or not.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

While paying your own buyout isn't illegal this is a clear cut case of PSG avoiding FFP. Neymar should have to answer to how he managed to have 222mil to pay said clause and a formal investigation could be held by the Spanish government. UEFA better change rules to prevent this from becoming a norm. It's insane how easily PSG avoided it.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

^I saw that coming to be honest. UEFA does not want FFP rules to throw a spanner in the works of the big guns.

• History

^I saw that coming to be honest. UEFA does not want FFP rules to apply on the big guns. If they did, they would've already done it.

^I saw that coming to be honest. UEFA does not want FFP rules to apply on the big guns.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@raimondo he got 300M from Qatar. The same guy who is the owner of PSG, easy, huh?

'Once a country controls a club, everything is possible' - Arsene Wenger

Arsenal 429 9002

Neymar on PSG:

I am extremely happy to join PSG. Since I arrived in Europe, they have always been 1 of the most competitive & ambitious.

The biggest challenge, what most motivated me to join my new teammates is to help PSG to conquer the titles that their fans want.

• History

Neymar on PSG:

I am extremely happy to join PSG. Since I arrived in Europe, they have always been 1 of the most competitive & ambitious.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Tycoons are starting to have their hands all over modern football. Arsenal, the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea, PSG, Monaco, Real Madrid, and even Barcelona to an extent. The worst are the tycoons who have no interest in football (cue Arsenal). If you're going to purchase or run a club, at least help them out!

I wish clubs were all run by presidents who actually gave a moderate sh*t about the club. Not no Al-Khelaifi or Abramovich or Perez. Sure, those guys genuinely care about the outward appearance of their clubs. But they used money to get to that position, and now the clubs are stuck with them for the forseeable future. In Chelsea and PSG's case, it's for life!

And now we have Qatar with a firm grip on PSG, Barcelona, and FIFA. Disgusting. If it were up to me, I'd want an inexpensive, elected official running my club - a man who did not use money to gain that kind of power.

_Pelle_ 7 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Haters gonna hate lol. Neymar is a PSG player and we're coming for the UCL trophy!! But yeah I have to admit that the fee is ridiculous.

_Pelle_ 7 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

And I guess no team can hide its players from Barca now.

Arsenal 429 9002

I'm actually really wonder if they manage to sign someone from Dybala/Coutniho/Dembele, all of them seems like they are happy enough in their clubs..

Neymar earnings:

£515,000 per week

£73,571 per day

£3,065 per hour

£51 per minute

• History

I'm actually really wonder if they manage to sign someone from Dybala/Coutniho/Dembele, all of them seems like they are happy enough in their clubs..

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

You know what pisses me off ! They are splashing cash left and right yet I have to pay 150£ for sh6ty seat ! If football fans don't show their outrage these bastards will continue to rip us off !

These clubs are taking a piss at us ! And they spend so much not because it makes sense for them but because they just want to and they can . We will pay that amount back to them eventually .

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

^ Agree 100%. Germans are much more reasonable with their ticket pricing. Maybe that's why Germany has some of the best atmospheres for football matches in the top European leagues.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Marcus the problem is, they know games at Emirates or similar big stadium will be full even with these high prices, tourists will visit it but the atmosphere will be terrible, but hey, they got higher earnings..

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The PSG project started a long time ago, I remember when they were trying with players like Kezman, Menez to Lavezzi and Thiago Silva willing to join only if Ibrahimovic joins and also Beckham...The big sign that PSG will become a big club was when Lucas Moura refused to join Manchester United and joined PSG instead.

Last season Neymar was the main man that kicked out PSG from Champions League, now he's with them, the sky is the limit!

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

@Marcus how much is the average chelsea's game ticket price if I happen to be in london and want to see the game?

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

PSG's reputation will also drag Ligue 1 much higher as well. Those other Ligue 1 teams will be able to acquire better youth because PSG will make Ligue 1 a more popular destination. It will be a slow but successful process. France as a whole will benefit from the Neymar transfer, as they did with Zlatan.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

@quikzyyy holy crap! ... thats 85p every second

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Every super star will help local football. That's undeniable.

From football point of view, yeah, and if I looks at Barca now??? How on earth they dont strengthen their DMF or Defender in the last 2 years is crazy. While PSG has shown more progress.

The problem is the way Neymar and his dad treat all their transfer, club, there is no loyalty in their book, ok that's fine.

But the entire sum of money... and how all of this happen is pretty terrible. It's not healthy for football, nor the economy

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@kyoeker , To buy tickets to big club EPL match is difficult especially if you aren't season ticket holder or a member . It depends on the match and what is at stake. Average price seems to be 100 pounds unless you want to seat behind the goal or in the corner to for 50 pounds and even that price is not guaranteed .

@dynastian

Exactly ! Prices for biggest match in Bundesliga are so cheap compare to EPL with good seating too.

@quikzy Solution is simple fans demand should fair treatment and more seasonal tickets available and access to tickets at fair prices. Emirates stadium was basically build on ripping off fans.