Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Neymar pays his Clause to leave Barcelona
quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

NEYMAR JOINS PSG

On Thursday afternoon Neymar Jr's legal representatives visited in person the Club's offices and made the payment of 222 million euros in the player's name with regards to the unilateral termination of the contract that united both parties.

As such, the Club will pass on to UEFA the details of the above operation so that they can determine the disciplinary responsibilities that may arise from this case.
enter image description here

Thoughts?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So it's official now, (will update the topic when there will be more info in english)

Thoughts?

Comments
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

the richer will just get even bigger power, I doubt there's any other club who could have pulled something like this, maybe City..

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Apparently PSG might pull some accounting BS by spreading Neymar's transfer cost over 5 years rather than as a one-time sum. This would amount to a transfer expenditure of 44.4M Euros per year - thus allowing them to potentially avoid FFP action.

That is very common. To my knowledge very few transfers are paid up front.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Nope the clause had been paid entirely by the player, Qatar foundation paid Neymar 300 million to be WC 2022 ambassador, and since Qatar paid almost everyone to get WC FIFA wont do shit and in fact they can't. That's borderline but officially it's the player who paid the clause himself...
That being said they was no way he would get his salary raise demand at Barca I'm glad we refused it, he prefers money to competition ? Ok good luck to him against Amiens...
It's not that bad it's not like we lost him free, we needed a world class mid we will get a proper replacement and Coutinho so there is nothing to care off.
If a player wants to leave the team, the doors are wide open, lets see if money equals the excitement of playing a Clasico...

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Two clasicos a year, or 500,000+ pounds per week? I think I'd take the money lol. Not to mention free league titles and that your odds of winning a CL are still about the same.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

and that your odds of winning a CL are still about the same.

As much as I love a good Barca meme, this is hyping up PSG a bit innit?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

@Sunflash Maybe a bit but to be fair, they should have gone trough last season, Barca might have made the remontada but it was mostly thank to the ref without any insult meant toward Barcelona.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@SunFlash

They lost to Barcelona by 1 goal. Barca went on to get smashed by Juventus anyways. The difference maker in that second leg was none other than Neymar. You don't think that PSG have been genuine contenders for the past few seasons?

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Two clasicos a year, or 500,000+ pounds per week? I think I'd take the money lol. Not to mention free league titles and that your odds of winning a CL are still about the same.

Specially if you already played in many clasicos...I mean it's a new challenge, you got nothing to lose really.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Lets face it already, Barcelona is now going towards a period of transition since their generation got old, it will take time to rebuild a new team and at least they know they can't count on Neymar so they have the money to plan ahead in the next 2, 3 years.

IMO right now, the perfect players would be Dembele that is 20 years old and Coutinho that is 25 years old.
Later they can focus on youth academy and for example Fabinho that is around 20 years old and Renato Sanches that is 19 years old.

OR ! Barcelona just cashes out for Mbappe next monday :D Win-Win!

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Barcelona's cashing out options:

kyoekyar 7 years ago Edited
12 163

LMAO

LMAO

• History

LMAO

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

@Marcus Thanks

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

You don't think that PSG have been genuine contenders for the past few seasons?

Tbh, no. Monaco was far better then PSG in the league and CL last season. And the few seasons before that, PSG didn't beat anyone notable except Chelsea, who aren't exactly CL final material anymore, based on recent track record.

I see PSG the same way I see City, except City has generally had more success in Europe, even making a semi, which PSG has not done in recent times (ever?). Even now I'd rate the City squad higher than the PSG one, and I'm not about to crown City as champions of jack, let alone Europe.

tdot2barca 7 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Hope Barcelona picks up a good full back, a solid center back, midfielder like veratti or coutinho, and a new winger

_Pelle_ 7 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6880

To those saying PSG "has absolutely no history"... Get educated or shut up. We got it that you're jealous and possibly angry, but that is not a reason for becoming a "expert".

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

To those saying PSG "has absolutely no history"... Get educated or shut up. We got it that you're jealous and possibly angry, but that is not a reason for becoming a "expert".

While I understand that you feel these accusations against your club may not be just, I'm sure you can understand if not condone the reason for the animosity. This is easily one of the dirtiest transfers of all-time that is scooting around regulations and rules set up to prevent exactly this.

Calling people "haters" like you did earlier is discrediting no one save yourself.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I couldnt careless if Barca got weaker. In fact I think Neymar slowed down alot of their counters (the style that a lot of people here wooooii for.).

And now, they have $h1t loads of cash to shop... Barca is still weak in defense and MDF lolkklll.

I dont mind if Neymar choose PSG either, its a great club, a great city, history or not doesnt matter. But use the club money at least a bit and dont fak the entire market.

But as a lobal citizen, a football fan, I agree with Sunflash, this is ine of the dirtiest transfer oil-as$-smelly of all time.

• History

I couldnt careless if Barca got weaker. In fact I think Neymar slowed down alot of their counters (the style that a lot of people here wooooii for.).

And now, they have $h1t loads of cash to shop... Barca is still weak in defense and MDF lolkklll.

But as a lobal citizen, a football fan, I agree with Sunflash, this is ine of the dirtiest transfer oil-as$-smelly of all time.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Money runs the world, nobody is talking about what Man City has done with the same money source more or less, and nobody is talking that Chelsea owner that bought them all the glory is pretty much a criminal, arab money russian money, american money it's all the same.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Money runs the world, nobody is talking about what Man City has done with the same money source more or less, and nobody is talking that Chelsea owner that bought them all the glory is pretty much a criminal, arab money russian money, american money it's all the same.

If you haven't noticed anyone talking about these things, I may suggest you schedule an appointment with an Otolaryngologist.

That's an ear doctor, and yes I had to google that.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

No I didn't notice, in fact I opened a topic about the teams that spent the most so far and nobody is even trying to complain about Man City or Man United or Chelsea, it's all normal! But PSG buys out 1 player for a record fee and that's somehow not fair, double standards...