Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

NIko Kovač announced as new Bayern coach
Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Starting from next season, Niko Kovač will be Bayern's manager on 3 year contract!

Our first requirement was for coach to speak German, so after Tuchel's deal broke down we were stuck with either Kovač or Favre (Nice). Kovač was the choice because he has Bayern DNA, he spent some time in the club and knows everything about Bayern and our philosophy.

Kovač started as a youth coach at RB Salzburg doing great job, but soon left for Croatia for his basically first real job at the 2014 World Cup, we failed in key game and that sent us home. After that he was employed by relatively unknown club to non-Bundesliga-supporters, Eintracht Frankfurt where he has done awesome job and is currently in 5th place, 2 points behind Bayer with direct qualification for CL.

As Jupp said, Kovač did great work with basically unknown players with different profile and nationalities, knows how to do with young players, knows hard work is the key and sets up defense very well.

Although main opinion between Bundesliga fans is that Kovač is defensive coach, he really isn't. Truth is he wouldn't be able to keep Eintracht this high without playing defensively. I'm sure he will start with better and more attacking football as soon as he comes to Bayern. Kinda like Conte or Valverde - coach who can setup team defensively well but also make a team which doesn't struggle in attack. Eintracht had some great offensive displays, especially in second half of the season.

Mia San Mia.

Comments
amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I think he was best option out of the little options you had tbh. Nagelsman I still don't feel is ready, at least for Bayern. I think he would do good job at Dortmund though, and I get a feeling he will go there in place for Peter. I haven't heard about Favre going to Bayern tbh, maybe it's just me though. I don't think disaster will happen simply because of small profile, nearly all of Barcelona's manager are small profile, and are amazing team no matter the manager. I find it funny Frankfurt and Kovac were both denying it, and couple of days later he becomes manager lol.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian He did a pretty good job with Frankfurt despite arriving toward the end of a season there and having to save them from relegation, with every season, he got them higher in the table. Not to mention he managed to bring out the best out of Kevin-Prince Boateng. I think he can potentially do a good job at Bayern but only if given some time to adapt. First year might be rocky... Is it bad that I also feel the need to note that he is good looking for a football manager. Look younger than 46 year old to me. :U

Croatian 6 years ago

@amir, yeah, Nagelsmann is better option for Dortmund (although I would defo be glad if he ended up in Bayern), he has potential and I wonder what could he do with better players. Few rumours were there linking Favre to us, I think he was never the best option, and I think he maybe isn't coach for top top teams. Apparently he speaks German so our board considered him as alternative to Kovač.

I think our board wouldn't risk with someone. They clearly see Kovač as succesor to Jupp, and I belive Jupp himself helped in his choice.

Also Kovač said negotiations were very short and quick. It's obvious he wanted Bayern since he heard rumours.

@Emo, yeah, KPB massively improved in his new position and huge part of that is Kovač's training methods. I don't want everyone to turn against him if he struggles in first year, we (Croatians) were against him when we dropped out of WC, look where he is now. I think over three-year-period he can do very much.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Interesting. I know very little about Bundesliga to be honest. Is there a reason why their youth coach wasn't considered? Given the little choices I feel it's always good to look within.

matrix 6 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 268

is that kovacic brother

Croatian 6 years ago

@raimondo, well tbh, Tim Walter who coaches Bayern II in Regionalligia is pretty decent coach IMO and manages to get good from most players. Still I don't think he would be better choice than senior coach. Sebastian Hoeneß from our U19 team in A-junioren regional league is 35 years old and has good team, still Hoffenheim gives a lot more attention to their youth teams so they're first. U19 Bayern is gonna end atleast 2nd though. And U17 coach in B-junioren is also having close title race with Hoffenheim. I can't say anything about U16 though.

In summary: I don't think they should take over in next few years. Walter maybe can get a job in bottom table Bundesliga team or 2. Bundesliga frontrunner. Hoeneß is talented coach IMO and should be carefully used in our club.

@matrix, nope. He has brother Robert who was footballer too and from next season assistant in Bayern.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

another winning eleven player becoming manager after keane, giggs, vierra and zidane