Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ozil: Mourinho called me a coward in dressing room fight at Real Madrid.
tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

enter image description here

Former Real Madrid playmaker Mesut Ozil has revealed that he had a major dressing room bust-up with coach Jose Mourinho at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, which led to the coach telling the player he could leave.

German newspaper Bild are publishing extracts from the German's autobiography, entitled The Magic of the Game, which will go on sale on March 16.

On Thursday, the segment that they published included details of a dressing room spat between Ozil and Mourinho at Real.
"'Do you think that giving two good passes is enough? Do you think that you are so good that you only need to complete 50 percent of your passes?'," Ozil wrote of Mourinho's outburst in his direction.

"He stopped and looked at me with his dark brown eyes. I leaned back. It was like the look of two boxers before the first round. I hated him even though I actually adored him."'I want you to play as you know, to go for the ball like a man, do you know how to go for the ball when we lose it?'.

enter image description here

"I'll show you," was Ozil's response.
The current Arsenal man revealed that he lost his cool at that moment, throwing his jersey at Mourinho's feet before offering the Portuguese tactician some advice.
"If you are so great then why don't you play. There you go, do that," snarled Ozil.
"Are you giving up?" was Mourinho's instant response.
"You're a coward. What do you want? Do you want a nice hot shower, wash your hair and be alone?"Or would you prefer to show your teammates, the fans and me what you can do?

Remember, I don't need you.""I grabbed my towel and walked past him to the shower without saying a word to him," Ozil concluded. "Later, I apologised for my behaviour to Sergio Ramos and the rest of the team."

From Ozil autobiography, Marca.

Pretty agree with Mourinho here, and probablyy what Wenger cant do tactics aside....

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I mean based off his great effort in the last few games, I can hardly blame Mourinho for that. I've lost a lot of respect for Ozil over the past few weeks, he just doesn't seem to care.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Some players are difficult to motivate, even the most gifted...Ozil is what he is, and his stamina problems doesnt help him to be 100% nor his shy personality. But its not really his only fault, its the coach job to get these young millioneers to making what is necessary to win games...

JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

He's still the same lazy player, it seems like he doesn't even try at times and just goes missing from games. Of course, you can see that he is extremely talented but, to be honest, I've never understood how some people consider him among the very best players in the world..

It was like the look of two boxers before the first round. I hated him even though I actually adored him.

50 Shades of Mourinho?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He's still the same lazy player, it seems like he doesn't even try at times and just goes missing from games. Honestly, I've never understood how some people consider him among the very best players in the world..

It was like the look of two boxers before the first round. I hated him even though I actually adored him.

50 Shades of Mourinho?

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

and that's why Arsenal is ideal for him.

• he's a star there
  • he can literally walk 90 minutes, yet he knows he will play next week again
  • not best, but pretty nice salary

How can you be motivated when you know you're going to play even when you're playing crap. That's Wenger problem, half of the team would hardly get any time with these performances at any other team. You don't need to perform when you know manager won't bench you..

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I remember Mourinho said something similar to di Maria once after he started putting in inconsistent displays.

"You play better when you get paid less."

Classic Mou, love the man.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Really like Ozil, but I have to agree he has been really unimpressive in recent game. Kinda like how Mourinho deal with most of his player, he seem like a strict guy. But I still cannot get over some other stuff he did.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Well emo its simple, he was a short term success manager, players can get rid of his high demands week in week out. But he seems a bit changed after his Chelsea spell, more calm, less controversial, even in the way he treats his players backing them in crisis like Fellaini, i think he is seriously thinking of a midle/long term management at Manchester. May be wrong though...

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

It's Mou. No surprise. Same person who blamed doctor for drawing Swansea.

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

Very well said Mou!! Ozil has no work-rate whatsoever!! :)

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Just to be sincere here, I had no intentions before sharing this, just read it on Marca and thought it was worth sharing, some dressing room discussions may help of the understanding of a team.
Not bashing Arsenal, nor Wenger, nor to praise Mou or to hate on Ozil who is one of the most gifted players in the world.
For 20-30 mil I would take him at Barca any day because that's the price of a bargain, but seriously he must have been an anti-Barça clause in his contract like any player leaving Madrid.

But since we are talking about Arsenal, coach and owner aside, there is a clear problem there and it's the fact there is no team leader.
You know that English player who is made in Arsenal, dedicated to Arsenal, talks in halftime and show the way to his teammates...

Arsenal lacks a Tony Adams atm, every big team has its leaders playing or not, Terry for Chelsea, Ramos for Madrid, Iniesta for Barca, even Lloris for arch rivals...
Someone to motivate the group and make sure everyone is pushing in the same direction.

Arsenal collapse when things get complicated and they do it too easily at the limits of professionalism. They should have more character, there are ways to loose more honorable than waiting for the final whistle.

I don't see anyone with this mentality there, maybe Koscielny should step up and Cech is still a new commer...

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

You're right, the moment Koscielny went off in both games, Arsenal conceded 9 goals in 75 minutes.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tiki_taka Yeah, I remarked that about Mou at United, cut his hair shorter, act more calm and he back his player more now. Sure seem like his experience at Chelsea made him more humble. I can really respect that. What he is doing with United now is looking pretty good as well. :D