{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Pep Guardiola overrated
liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago Edited
Liverpool 41 419

i think pep is overrated

1. Always had a strong team.
  2. Hasn't won the champion league with bayern,the most overpowered team in the world.
  3. tiki taka isn't working anymore and he is not adjusting. look at barc they still do tiki but they counter attack.

what do you guys think overrated or not?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

i think pep is overrated

2. Hasn't won the champion league with bayern,the most overpowered team in the world.
  3. tiki taka isn't working anymore and he is not adjusting. look at barc they still do tiki but they counter attack.

i think pep is overrated

Comments
raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Absolutely not. Pep is one of the top 3 managers in the world. Sure, he failed to win the CL but you have to remember he lost to an amazing Barcelona who won it in the first leg.

Knockout cups, such as the CL, doesn't always have the best team win.

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

the only valid reason that i can say as to why tiki-taka arent working at bayern is simply because there's no one that can be the same as MESSI.

Aiden_Finland 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

He does have one of the best teams in the world but even if he has failed to win CL with Bayern you can not blame him because Real and Barca are also hunting for the trophy and they are not easy to win against, but Guardiola is a fantastic coach he is always successful in Bundesliga.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

I have a lot of good things to say about Pep. He is certainly one of the best managers in the game today, putting a team of superstars together does not guarantee success, otherwise top teams wouldn't have so much trouble.

However, there are games when Pep does get outdone tactically, and we've seen it in the Champions league a few times. (That game at Arsenal NOT being one of them, referring more to leg one against Porto and Barca last year, and Madrid the year prior) That's certainly a mark against him.

In the end though, he's still a better manager than nearly everyone save a VERY select few.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He's a great manager who deserves his plaudits, but has made some very odd tactical mistakes. The notable ones are the losses to Wolfsburg, Dortmund, Porto, Madrid, and Barcelona. Not to mention his team has difficulty breaking down defenses that sit back (Arsenal, United, Madrid).

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Pep Guardiola is not overrated manager but he is certainly not the genius that media was selling him to be after his spell at Barcelona .

I also find it difficult to understand how he made same mistakes against Madrid in 2014 and Barcelona 2015 did not learn anything from it . I don't think Barcelona was so amazing that Bayern could not match them same goes with Madrid . Bayern had better team in both years and still has best team in Europe but tactically they were terrible stepping on the same rake twice . Well , actually more than twice considering other teams who pulled the same and today Arsenal did it .

In 2012 we beat his Barcelona exactly same manner . Sit back hit them on the counter they could not break defense and finish chances . Ever since i noticed similar tactics constantly worked against him or playing aggressive counter attack .

also not having Messi does not matter because teams learned how to cancel out their false 9 . It was very evident in his last games with Barcelona .

I think after this season if he fails again Pep will leave Bayern though .

ramaboy10 9 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

'Overrated'

enter image description here

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I wouldn't say "overrated", but he gets it wrong tactically far too often against decent non-German sides.

decentK 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

the only valid reason that i can say as to why tiki-taka arent working at bayern is simply because there's no one that can be the same as MESSI.

Agree, but I wouldn't really say it isn't working. It clearly is - give credit to Arsenal rather than call Pep overrated. Ppl should also look a little bit further than one result, suddenly everyone forgets what has happened before the Arsenal game.

Anyways, I think Douglas Costa was their Messi in Arsenal game, other than his F*CKING AWFUL end product, which is completely different what Messi had during Pep's stint. But they constantly played to Douglas Costa, actually felt like every single time.

• History

Agree, but I wouldn't really say it isn't working. It clearly is - give credit to Arsenal rather than call Pep overrated. Ppl should also look a little bit further than one result, suddenly everyone forgets what has happened before the Arsenal game. Anyways, I think Douglas Costa was their Messi in Arsenal game, other than his F*CKING AWFUL end product, which is completely different what Messi had during Pep's stint. But they constantly played to Douglas Costa, actually felt like every single time.

liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

@ramaboy10 all i see is already strong team he never builded a team which we was poor,jose port alex man united etc

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

I think here is the reason why they give to Costa more ball .

My god !! This is what I love about such footballers !! Such footballers who add flare not just dribbling .

• History

My god !! This is what I love about such footballers !! Such footballers who add flare not just dribbling .

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Bayern vs Arsenal were too sufficient, they waited way too much waiting for a rival mistake that never came. Arsenal just did the perfect game, having a wall as a keeper and scoring in the right moment. More credit should be given to Arsenal who played their qualification there. And actually concerning Bayern good form this start of the season, that was just a wake up call, loosing one game doesnt make you in crisis, they could come back and win the treble its very possible.
After that for Pep, you should remember that the powerhorses teams he trained, he assembled them, bought the right players and its a credit we should give him not the opposite. He may not be the best tactician but he surely has other qualities like his teams consistency and the power to build winning squads wich is not something easy to do even with the money...

Guardiola's teams are unplayable in the long run, in league basis and its proven, his teams dominate smaller opposition the best, one of the best league coaches in the world. Other are more cups coaches.

• History

Bayern vs Arsenal were too sufficient, they waited way too much waiting for a rival mistake that never came. Arsenal just did the perfect game, having a wall as a keeper and scoring in the right moment. More credit should be given to Arsenal who played their qualification there. And actually concerning Bayern good form this start of the season, that was just a wake up call, loosing one game doesnt make you in crisis, they could come back and win the treble its very possible.
After that for Pep, you should remember that the powerhorses teams he trained, he assembled them, bought the right players and its a credit we should give him not the opposite. He may not be the best tactician but he surely has other qualities like his teams consistency and the power to build winning squads wich is not something easy to do even with the money...

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Of course he is, at least in my opinion.

Frank Rijkaard. You guys know who this guys is, right? I love asking Barcelona "fans" who he is, and believe me, I'm always left in tears!

Anyway, if my memory is not failing me, I recall this guy bringing back Barcelona to it's glory. Brought in a young, promising Eto'o from Mallorca, promoted Messi, Iniesta and Xavi, won first Liga in 5 years and won them their first UCL trophy in 14 years!!! Not to mention the fact that he wasn't the "media" type, rather more focused about his team and try to minimize controversy.. (@Tiki knows WAY more.. ask him about his days at the club)

To be frank, I think, that without this man's effort, Pep wouldn't have achieved anything with Barcelona.

After his successful years in Barcelona, he went on to the German giants and... Well, basically whatever he's done in Catalonia. Look, point is, for a guy who hasn't really proved his worth, I don't see why he getting so much praise.

At least Frank Rijkaard took Barcelona from number 4 to winning Liga back to back then winning the most prestigious award in club history.

But of course NOT, Pep IS the mastermind behind Barcelona's Reign!

enter image description here

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Anyone think this kind of become revelant again with all that as been happening? :)

FredTilson 6 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

He holds the consecutive win record in the Premier League, La Liga and Bundesliga and people think he's overrated. SMH. He could retire tomorrow and will still be counted among the top 10 best managers ever.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Fred, some people have ludicrous beliefs and hypocritical opinions. Pep has been one of the best managers of the last 10 years. He is proving it in the EPL which some people thought he would fail miserably. With this current crop he could make a real push in CL if draws go their way. Either this year or next year.

Marcus2011 6 years ago

Since 2014 when they paid a £50m fine and resumed spending Man City have spent 490.92 million Euros, net, on transfers.

YOU BETTER GET SOME INCREDIBLE RESULTS AFTER SUCH MONEY POORED IN!! HOLLY SH*T !! HOW DO YOU EVEN OVERLOOK THESE FACTS IS BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION !!

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Exactly what @Marcus2011 said, give every fucking team in EPL 200M for just defenders, another 200M for attacking force and we will see.

bluezz 6 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

he got shat on last season. got exposed by so many teams. fair play to city for dominating the league now, (THEY DESERVE IT) but dont even try to start jumping on to the pep bandwagon lmao... the amount of of money spent by the manchester clubs in the past few seasons you would expect some results.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy I know one team you could give 400M for both attack and defense and still propably wouldn't make it top of the table. :P

@Marcus Nobody overlook this, but think for a while, technically, the only player who is playing in defense for city at the moment who is part of that 200M spending fee is Kyle Walker. Against Tottenham, their LB was Delph and their second CB was Mangala, yet they still won 4-1 at the end.

Anyway, I thought I would share this with you guys, its revelant with what Marcus said: enter image description here