Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

PES will be better than FIFA?
Croatian 8 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Heya. I don't usually post much threads, I just wondered anybody is playing/has played PES2016 here? I just thought that game was brilliant, especially Career Mode and Player Career. So I wonder does anybody think PES will be better than FIFA in 2017? Of course I'm thinking about Career Mode since UT is basically untouchable (though MyClub isn't bad, I haven't really played it more than half an hour and not in my place :D).

So the PES has been really developing in years since it kinda lost popularity to FIFA in 2008 (PES was prior to that amazing game, lack of updates is thing that made FIFA so popular against PES). This is some stuff I like about PES:

• PES has 2x amount of player faces (designed) than FIFA, despite the lower budget.
  • PES since 2013 has got hugely updated gameplay.
  • Career Mode is way more playable than FIFA. Players reappear after their retirement (which is great way to spend time hunting and training them.
  • There are way more 'hidden gems' in PES than in FIFA, and they don't have to be young (take for example Ryan Shawcross - he is 79-rated CB at his peak, has 87 header, 89 defensive prowess, and 84 ball winning)
  • Your players can't get 'homesick' :D
  • There is free app on android which is almost the same as the real game
  • National team management is way more fun than FIFA.
  • The goals are far more realistic than FIFA, you can get goals from corner-kicks and longshots are harder
  • Lineup and tactics are more freeable (still there is no withdrawn DMF option, making Veratti top scorer in my league almost every season :D)
  • You can change in-possesion and out-possesion teams.
  • Scouts can find gems for you.
  • Palacio is absolute beast (got him to 97 after he retired)
  • Zoet is one of best goalkeepers by rating and IG.
  • There are some really quality patches (there is one with young players getting wild ratigns similiar to FIFA, aka 98 Bazoers and 96 Bellerins)
  • Pace doesn't play main role as it does in FIFA.
  • There are suprises. For example, Leicester winning BPL can happen, also in Bundesliga M'gladbach can have amazing results)
  • Ceballos is real suprise.
  • Gaya can get unreal ratings (93)
  • RvP is free agent and 90 rated - also sick when retires.

However, there are few things PES misses. The transfer prices are low (you can get de Bruyne for €15m), renegotiations rarely happen, the real talents in 2016 can't really get to their best without editing or using patches) and so on.

I think I'll try to get list of hidden gems when PES 17 comes out. Can't wait for it.

Comments
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11426

Very good thread, as usual though, the one thing that will alway's make Fifa a bit more popular than PES will be all the franchise in the game. This year for exemple, La Liga is not licensed in PES, only Barca and Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munic will also not be in the game and we won't have BPL team license for other team than Arsenal and Liverpool and we will still lack a fake Bundesliga :(. However, one of the best point for me with PES are the player face, as you say, there are many and most of them look really good. Both game got different feel to them anyway, FIFA simulate what football could be in many year with his career mode that bring new young player that will grow widly while PES is the game if you want to enjoy the player that are currently playing even after they retire as they will come back as young player. I love both game but I hate how the poor PES get treated by nasty big executive company that is EA. :(

Croatian 8 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Ye, lincenses are usually most complicated thing in PES, even now most of national teams are filled with fake players, although there are players in Classic Teams that FIFA never got although they were amongst the most wanted ones (Khan). PES imo gets more detail, it is obvious Konami cares about players, I don't know would I say same with all the stuff going in FIFA (servers, UT and so on...)