Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Peter Stoger is BVB new manager
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

So, Borussia Dortmund got their new manager after having sack Peter Bosz. Believe it or not, its another Peter, only, this one is from Austria. For those like me who propably ignored who was Peter Stoger before today, here the quick summary:

He was the former manager for Koln, team he managed since 2014, the guy got them into Europa league last season by finishing 5 and managed to get 2 point in 13 games this season before being fired recently. Personally, I'm not sure at all about this, it could either be a great success or resounding failure. If Golefty and Croatian would like to share their opinion in particular, it would be quite good no doubt as they know more than me about the Bundesliga. Of course, everyone is more than welcome to give their opinion. Actually, it would be highly appreciated. :D

Comments
Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Admettedly i have never heard of the guy, hopefully he can get our defense sorted out quick,
thanks for posting this

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Kind of weird thing to take him but situation is complicated and I doubt they would find better man for the job. Stoger is great coach imo and Koln fans love him, I'd say their board screwed it up more than him. Stoger's only visible con is that he is bit stubborn and doesn't rotate much with younger players... he ignored youth when they played even better than seniors. Now those guys aren't really doing fantastic and some part of it must be his mistake.

Although Pulisic, Weigl and others don't need to be afraid for their place. Also I predict he'll play 4atb.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian Well, that interesting to know. I'm kinda worried though, putting faith in young player in part of Dortmund DNA, taking that away doesn't seem like a good answer... :(

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

That manager sucks he couldn't win a game with Köln and got kicked out of Europa league...

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

That does inspire alot of hope @Golazo111

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

These managers seem to always do better than expected.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Seriously, BVBs biggest issue was defending. They can score with the ammount of talent up top. But they were so damn sloppy at the back. I remember a game they were leading 4-0 and ended up 4-4 (I think against Schalke) due to some seriously poor defending.

No idea if this new coach will help improve the back line but something had to be done. They were pretty poor the last month and a half.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo Yeah man, could be a bit more positive even if I understand where your coming from. Still, its not because a manager suck with a team that he won't do well with another. Most good manager get sacked because its not working atm but end up doing good work when they do find another job. Heres hoping that will be the case with Peter Stoger. :(

Golefty 6 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Emobot7 thank for that lol golazo can be so one dimensional

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Emobot7 thank for that lol golazo can be some one dimensional

Croatian 6 years ago

And seasons before that he did wonders with shitty team that dropped into second league. Not his problem board was dumb enough to replace Modeste with player who barely scores goals in Bundesliga (in his whole career).

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian Wasn't Modeste that super prolific french striker that got sold to China for a hefty sum? I know he was something like third or second best striker in the competition but I didn't ever realize he played for Koln, that sure explain how they made it to the europa league. XD

Croatian 6 years ago Edited

Yeah, Modeste went to China sadly. If he didn't, he probably could have a chance at making WC squad but nope. He used to have one decent season with Bordeaux and Bastia, also did good in Hoffenheim but Modeste's last season is far better than anything he did in his career. He was amazing tbh.

Koln has seriously talented squad capable of making atleast EL spots. Horn, Hector, Heintz, Sorensen, Bittencourt are all fantastic players. Aswell as young players such as Horn, Jorge Mere, Klunter or Ozcan. But their depth is bad and no striker surely doesn't help. Not to mention late goals they concede and VAR constantly screwing with them.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yeah, Modeste went to China sadly. If he didn't, he probably could have a chance at making WC squad but nope. He used to have one decent season with Bordeaux and Bastia, also did good in Hoffenheim but Modeste's last season is far better than anything he did in his career. He was amazing tbh.

Koln has seriously talented squad capable of making atleast EL spots. Horn, Hector, Heintz, Sorensen, Bittencourt are all fantastic players. Aswell as young players such as Horn, Jorge Mere, Klunter or Ozcan. But their depth is shit and no striker surely doesn't help. Not to mention late goals they concede and VAR constantly fucking with them.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Well, first game, first cleansheet win already. 2-0 for BVB with 4 at the back, seem like an ok start for Stoger. :)

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I may be a little biased here, but I really believe Bosz should have been given a little more time. Yes I understand he was constantly given last chances and screwed up a lot ever since Freiburg draw, especially defensively. Then again, it wasn't like he wasn't trying to change or it wasn't like Dortmund were the pros of defending. Their attack had always outshone their defense. However the point gap between Dortmund and Leipzig was about 5 games, and once he got his stuff on point it wasn't like he was going to not get top 4 as a bare minimum, with a potential Europa League run like he did last season.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Amir_keal Disagree there, he kept on playing in a certain manner and it didn't even seem like the defense was getting better. Beside, when thing are going downhill for team, especially in defense, it become hard for the rest of the team to find the motivation to score goal.

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Amir_Keal i think he was fired becuase of letting our rivals come back from 4-0 down , i mean you definitely biased considering wenger would have to get arsenal relegated before they would sack him, he didn't fit and you cant beat a dead horse, our squad is more than capable of top flight performances

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golefty Yeah, the game against Schalke was really bad, no excuse to let a rival comeback like that, it was unnaceptable. :(

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Golefty + Emobot7

Honestly I see what you guys mean, Losing a lead like that to Schalke, underwhelming Champions League performance, no League win since September, totally unacceptable for a club like Dortmund. However, you cannot forget that Dortmund are most likely still affected psychologically from the bus attack, and their attacking play totally outshines their defense. They have the most goals, despite their league position. He has also tried a lot of things, using 4atb, 3atb, different types of combinations. Allegri from Juventus does it almost every year. Also Dortmund has a thicker injury page than most clubs, so dealing with it would be much harder.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@amir_keal Bus attack is kind of a lousy reason now, it happened nearly a full year ago, maybe Batra is still shaken but thats propably the only player still affected. :(