Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Phil Neville new position
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, Phil Neville has been named manager of the england women national team. Wonder if he'll suceed there and if he does, do you think that could lead him to a better position in man association football? I personally think woman national team manager should be woman personally but what do you think? I'm curious. :)

Comments
tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Ahhh ahhh, interesting.

:D

Once you go to that direction it's hard to go back :D

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

He's already off to a bad start because of some sexist comments he made in the past. And I don't think that if he succeeds there it will lead to a better position because women's football barely gets any attention and it's a different atmosphere. His predecessor managed to lead the team to a historic third place finish in the 2015 World Cup, so that alone will be tough to improve if he really wants to make a statement. It's a new opportunity for sure, but it feels like if he doesn't do well here then it's pretty much over for his managerial career.
His first goal should be to qualify to the 2019 WC so let's see how he handles that for the moment.

On the thing about women managing women's national football teams, I don't think it really matters whether the manager is a woman or a man as long as they know their stuff. I think more important is for the manager to have had some previous involvement in women's football before being appointed as a manager. Just to have a first hand experience of the structure of women's football.

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

These are some of the comments @Yvan is referring to

enter image description here

enter image description here

Why not make everything simpler by giving it to a female?

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

hahhaahhah :D:D:D:D

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

won't rly help his career. bit of a step-down from valencia.

i don't think it matters what gender he is tho.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

In my opinion he has 0 credibility as a manager. Maybe he can be a specific defending or fitness coach but his display at Valencia was woeful.

Women football is so different than mens mainly in competition. I've seen a couple games and the goalies couldn't block and they would make so many mistakes. Personally I find it lacking in quality but not because they are women. They haven't developed the sport enough for it to be equivalent in top tier competition.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 Oh damn. XD I guess I understand what Yvan was trying to say better. Not really so smart.

@raimondo To be fair, one of the worst position in woman football are goalkeeper, they make mistake so often its not even funny anymore. There still not a lot of goals per game sometime so the defender must be doing something right. :) That or the attacker are crap. :(

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

raimondo90

Wasn't he assistant manager though?

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Amir, Both brothers were garbage. Gary more so than Phil as he will get the blame since he was in charge. But assistant or head coach their time at Valencia was something to forget about.

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

Thought John Terry would be the man of the situation.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Lol, I don't know why but I thought about that as well. XD