Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Pirlo and the Bianconeri
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

This is for the Serie A fans.
Andrea Pirlo has been Juve's best signing this year and he's been at the heart of their resurgence in form.  It would be ironic if he helped them beat Milan to the Scudetto.  My question is, how did this come to be?
Pirlo, has been one of Italia's best midfielders in recent memory and he was an absolute legend at Milan.  Why would they let him leave... to their old rivals... on a free, no less?  I mean, I know he was getting older and wanted assurances of playing time, but why not? I'm not sure any of Milan's current midfielders are that much of a step up.  In any case, I'm sure the Juve fans are happy but I still have a hard time picturing him wearing the black and white kit.  How do the Milan fans feel about all of this?  Is there any resentment or is this just another case of "thank you for your services, but it's time we both moved on"?

Comments
rossonerikid 12 years ago
AC Milan 24 100

No, Allegri just wanted to change the system. When Ancelotti arrived in Milan in 2001, he immediately transformed Pirlo into a deep-lying playmaker. This proved very successful for Milan as we went on to win numerous titles. Later on, teams started to figure out our system and knew that all they had to do was shut down Pirlo and they would neutralize our offense. Allegri knew this and that's why he got rid of Andrea Pirlo. WE LOVE YOU PIRLO!!

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@rossonerikid: thanks. I was not aware of the tactical side of the story. Still, I'm not sure if giving Juve one of your best players was a stroke of genius.  If it was me, I would've kept him... he's a legend and you don't just let legends leave if they don't want to. I'm not sure how I feel about how Milan deals with their greats

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

That's how I feel about how Madrid treated and got rid of Raul and guti

CR7skillz 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 22 329

@raimondo90 , i know real madrid also treated players bad and by the way.. Raul wanted to leave by himself but we sold alot of great players : Robben , Sneijder , Huntelaar , Guti , Van der Vaart ... i think we made a mistake by selling these great players ... with the money that we sold the old players we bought new ones : C.ronaldo = worth 80 mil pound .. kaka = worth 60 mil euro.. benzema = worth 25 mil euro .. ozil = 16 mil euro...

Nico10 12 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

@CR7skillz
your math are so bad bro...
Robben + Sneijder + Huntelaar + Guti + Van der Vaart  = 80 mil euro

CR (94 milion euro) + kaka (60 milion euro) + benzema (30 milion euro) + ozil (18 milion euro) = 202 million euro

you can't buy CR, Kaka, Benzema and Ozil with the money from  Robben , Sneijder , Huntelaar , Guti , Van der Vaart.

CR7skillz 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 22 329

CR is in pounds he was in england u smart asss -_- 80 mil POUNDS... real is rich so they buy players fast not like u barca idiots u guys use xavi who is 36 old -_- thats weak and look at puyol damn your players are so old..

Nico10 12 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

@CR7skillz

You must call someone smart ass and idiot to feel yourself nice? 

Xavi and Puyol have more eggs than 100x Cristiano Ronaldo players  .... the players like Xavi, Puyol, Pirlo, De Rossi, Lampard, Giggs, Totti, Raul, Henry, etc are the Legends and no matter the age they have but the people like you can't understand that.

CR7skillz 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 22 329

@Nico10 sorry for my bad language btw... but i know they are legend and they were talented a couple of years ago but the time gets passed and people get older and weaker...i know giggs , raul , henry were great players but now they are not very well.. so now we must look for the future : Neymar , Gotze , Hazard and more talented players

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Xavi has actually gotten better as he got old. 4 years ago he wasn't as good. And he's not 36. And what's wrong with puyol and Xavi being over 30? Madrid have carvahlo that's over 30. And even tho Xavi and puyol are old they r twice as good as the Madrid squad

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

You can't really compare Xavi and Puyol with Ronaldo right now because Xavi and Puyol have had very long careers. Ronaldo is still in his prime and hasn't been considered a legend yet since he's only been playing outstanding for 7 years. Xavi and Puyol have been at Barca since they were 16 and have converted themselves to Barca legends. When Ronaldo is 34 years old, then you can compare his success to Xavi

Difensore 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 5 28

is supposed to be talk on Serie A derby not Laliga,I know definate tactic Allegri will consider never concede freekick Pirlo is dangerous they know him from before,ask Catania great way to get 1st goal for Juve fORZA DEL PIRLO.

CR7skillz 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 22 329

@Dynastian98 , C.Ronaldo was playing his football career since 1998 he was 16 years old at sporting portugal but he was mostly on the bench but then he became a good player at the club .. and in 2003 man united played a friendly match against sporting portugal and sporting won with 3-0 and ronaldo played fantastic so ferguson bought him... and everybody knows ferguson is a legendary manager and he said tha ronaldo has the ability to become a legend so for me he is one of the biggest legends in the world .. @raimondo90 , i didnt said that players above the 30 years old suck .. i said that if u pass the 35 - 37 u get older and weak..

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Thanks @difensore. your one of only 2 Serie A fans that responded.

Difensore 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 5 28

I think is because  they dont want to participate in forum maybe because englisch is brocken like mine but i hope ypu understand what i say,we are many fans Bianconero,Rosonnerri,Nerazzurri,Gialorossi,RossoBlue,Florence ,Udine,youu seem like you follow Italian football do you.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I do follow the Serie A and I am happy that it is getting more exciting this year.  I also try to watch as many other leagues as I can because I am addicted to football (hence my name) but my favorite team plays in the EPL so I give it the most attention of course. 
BTW, in general, I think people on boards are too self-conscience about their English.  As long as it is understandable I don't think it should ever be something to worry about. Of course, some people like to make fun of others but these people are ignorant and you probably have more language skills than they do.  Football is one of the things that can bring every culture together so I enjoy hearing from people outside of UK as well.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

For what it's worth, Ancelotti says "I would never have let him go".