Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

[Poll] Chinese Super League is at it again with a staggering £80 million offer
AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

enter image description here

Diego Costa looked like he’d changed his ways this season, but speculation is now growing that he could be on his way out of Chelsea with a shock transfer to the Chinese Super League.

Various sources are claiming the Spain international has fallen out with manager Antonio Conte over a back injury, and he’s set to miss this weekend’s game at Leicester City.

Costa has been on fire for Chelsea this season and doesn’t look like a player the Blues can afford to lose as they chase the Premier League title.

Still, the 28-year-old has previous in this department and may truly never be able to change his ways if he can’t even keep his temper under wraps for Conte, a manager who has revolutionised things at Stamford Bridge this season.

Ready-made replacements won’t come easily for Chelsea this January, but the league leaders now have a real decision to make this winter – do they stick with their star striker at least until the end of the season? His goals have been key for their title charge so far, but will this prove too much of a distraction?

Or do Chelsea just cut their ties with the troublesome forward as soon as possible and move on to get their campaign back on track? And that’s without even thinking about the £80million they could make from his sale.

If it were up to you, would you sell Diego Costa?

Comments
raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I voted Yes, but I would only sell him if I had a replacement already lined up with a deal underway. Its really hard to come across prolific and consistent goal scorers. Theres only a handful of players that would be considered an upgrade, and many of those wont be moving in January.

Primarily thinking of Aubamayang, Lewandowski, Suarez, Aguero, Higuain, Morata and Benzema.

AlexBatak 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I would only if we have an agreement with Atletico Madrid over Griezmann. Which won't happen. However, the £80million is very tempting for a 28 years old player. No one will ever pay that much for Costa other than them. That's around 91.5 million euros..

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I would only if we have an agreement with Atletico Madrid over Griezmann. Which won't happen. However, the £80million is very tempting for a 28 years old player. No one will ever pay that much for Costa other than them.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Id sell his ass, cya -
and make ridiculous offer for Griezeman - 100 million or soo
griezeman > costa - but i guess this isnt fifa career mode

Also @ raimondo90 I ROFLED when i read your joke about benzema being an upgrade for costa, good stuff!

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

As for Costa he will get £576,000 per WEEK by Chinese Superleague club if he joins.. this is so tricky..

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Fuck off China!

I don't know what to think. The only replacement I'd take over him is Griezmann as alex said. I hope he's not exaggerating his injury to ease the transfer to China? Anyways, i read somewhere that roman will never sanction a move from him, so we'll probably see a an announcement soon telling us how good everything is and then he'll stay

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

The saddest thing right now is that the only striker Chelsea is linked with is Llorente, so I really hope it doesn't happen. :( But then again, if they do sell Costa, add the money from Oscar sell, they could propably buy one of the best striker in the world. You guys think Atletico would resist a 100 million euro or more offer for Griezmann?

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think it would destroy Chelsea's season, especially if they could find a good replacement. Costa isn't young, has only a few years left in him at this level (probably) and getting 80 mil for him would be insane. When looking at the long-term, this isn't even a question.

Short-term however...yeah. Chelsea's hold on the title becomes significantly weaker if Costa does leave, and even if he doesn't, he may not be the same player. But if you are getting 80 mil for him, you could replace him with literally anyone in the world outside of Ibra, Lewa, and Suarez. ANYONE. That's the risk you take, Chelsea fans. Costa's been unreal this season, and I'm not sure anyone could come here in the winter window and replicate that.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Golefty, and could you care to elaborate why you wouldnt consider Benzema better than Costa or at least on the same level?

They are very similar strikers (one just has more of a temper) and have similar goal scoring rates. Id see Benzema as an even trade off and would most likely result in Chelsea making a nice profit.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Benzema isn't a primary scorer like Costa, but he'd bring out the best in Hazard no doubt. Just look at Benzema's scoring rate and think about how many stars he's had to share the limelight with. He's certainly an upgrade on Costa, although not by much. A different kid of player though. I'm not sure the present Chelsea squad would be able to maximize the utility of Benzema the way they're doing for Costa right now. But it'd certainly pay off on the long run.

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

I'm not convinced Benzema would be an upgrade on Costa. I thought Costa was better than Benzema when he played in Spain and I have seen nothing from Costa in England that would make me change that opinion. Toss in Benzema's scoring rate with his national team, and I highly doubt he could score as many goals as Costa could from the few chances that Chelsea create - and many of which Costa simply creates himself.

• History

I'm not convinced Beneema would be an upgrade on Costa. I thought Costa was better than Benzema when he played in Spain and I have seen nothing from Costa in England that would make me change that opinion. Toss in Benzema's scoring rate with his national team, and I highly doubt he could score as many goals as Costa could from the few chances that Chelsea create - and many of which Costa simply creates himself.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Just the media that is coming up with lies, costa just has a small injury.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@ sunflash lmao costa just turned 28.

" has a few years left in him" hahahah what are u talking about.

• History

@ sunflash lmao costa just turned 28.

" has a few games left in him" hahahah what are u talking about.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Well, the EPL isn't kind on striker, its rare for a striker to perform as well after 30. But that just my personal take on the matter. I expect Costa to do well for quite a few year though if he keep fit. ;)

• History

@Chelsea8 Well, the EPL isn't kind on striker, its rare for a striker to perform as well after 30. But that just my personal take on the matter.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@chelsea

Very few world-class level strikers continue playing at their current level beyond age 31, ( few usually =3, so Costa would be 31 in a "few years). Rooney is a great example. Who would have seen him at his current level when he was still scoring 20 goals a season when he was 28? I reserve the right to not include Italians in this example :P

AlexJuve 7 years ago
Juventus, Italy 8 89

Voted YES.

Don't get me wrong, he's a top top player, fantastic ability, but I feel like his attitude is bringing more problems to the club and the dressing room. For 80mil you can get 2 great strikers!

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

No, for 2 simple reasons : there is no world class striker involved in CL final stages who would actually come in January, except Aubameyang maybe but I doubt it.
Costa price tag will be the same In summer so if Chinese want him they can wait, and if Chelsea wants money to bring another striker they can do it in summer and not reduce their trophies chances this season.

@alex for 80mil you got fat Higuain and I don't think he is better than actual Costa so maybe there is no world class striker for that price at the moment, let alone 2.

• History

No, for 2 simple reasons : there is no world class striker involved in CL final stages who would actually come in January, except Aubameyang maybe but I doubt it.
Costa price tag will be the same In summer so if Chinese want him they can wait, and if Chelsea wants money to bring another striker they can do it in summer and not reduce their trophies chances this season.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

For 80mil you can get 2 great strikers!

We only need one!! Batshuayi as back-up striker is a solid deal anyways.

@dyn I'd rather keep Costa than get Benzema to be honest, without taking anything away from Benzema, because Costa has proven himself to be a prolific goal scorer and as sun said, he very often create those chances himself. Finds a goal where there is none. Had I no choice than to trade Costa, then Benzema would definitively be on the list.. I mean first striker in RM.. means that he could play in pretty much every other team too.

@chelsea8 The bust up definitively happen. There was a fight. No doubt about it. Some say however that it was the other way around, Costa demanding to play although lack of fitness, while the story that circulates in the papers now is that Costa was complaining about pain in his lower-back while the Chelsea physio didn't agree (something something).

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Wha the f*** did I miss? Chelsea won't let him go in January, 99,99999%.