Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Post-match Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United talk
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Hell, what a match that was!
2 stupid typical mistakes by Arsenal and United is easily winning 2:0 away. Then De Gea proceeds to make saves out of this world (hell, I'd probably want a drug test if I was Wenger), hats down.

United got their win, I'm not even salty or mad about that, we should have finished our chances better but, what I'm salty is this.

Just, explain me one thing, how are these not penalties, tell me how?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Dario Well, like you said, its a complicated case because Pogba propably had no idea to hurt or challenge Bellerin. He was just still going ahead with his movement. As for Bellerin putting his leg on the floor to block the ball, that kind of stuff hapen, I know I do that kind of stuff sometime. :P And I'm pretty sure he didn't meant to be stepped on either, it was all a big accident which cost United a lot. :(

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I think it was a harsh call :( but well.

The game itself was super... Mou won tactically if you look at the result and the goals, but the reality was we were saved by De Gea, if one of the 2 "out of this world" saves hadn't happened, the game would be 2-2 and it would get extremely complex.

Then, Arsenal didn't take their chance, and we reflected on that and scored the third one.

Arsenal played great football, but they only had themselves to blame, and De Gea.

I wasn't impressed with our defend as some of the media said, but we got the job done, and we fought through hard minutes.

Hope we can bring this confident to face Man City!

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Arsenal according to Wenger doesn't get any penalties and honestly I don't remember when was the last time they got a penalty vs Man Utd.
That being said Pogba is out so City will have an easy game to win.

Greatone 6 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

@Sunflash sorry i didnt get back to you sooner and I understand you are a Man U supporter but.... you need your eyes checked on the kos tackle, its pretty simple, ill just quote myself from before

do you know what constitutes a red card ? since that wasn't a clear tackle with intent to hurt (which is what the referee thought pogba was doing), it definitely wasn't a clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity as there was bellerin clearly in a position to cover, it was just passed the half way line as well.

photo so you can understand

and for the second penalty like quikzyyy said you cant take a player down in the box especially without touching the ball, people get penalties given against them for pulling player's shirts when they aren't even near the ballenter image description here

SunFlash 6 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

You understand that the conflict between Kos and Lukaku takes about 1-2 seconds, and Lukaku's position in that picture took another second to get to after the conflict. I wouldn't be shocked if Bellerin could run a 4.5 40-sec yard dash. Ditto Lukaku.

Look when the foul occurs, not when both players are on the ground. That's what actually matters.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

You understand that the conflict between Kos and Lukaku takes about 1-2 seconds, and Lukaku's position in that picture took another second to get to after the conflict. I wouldn't be shocked if Bellerin could run a 4.5 40-sec yard dash. Ditto Lukaku.

Look when the foul occurs, not when both players on the ground. That's what actually matters.

Greatone 6 years ago

omg man, im responding to you saying kos was last man and that bellerin was 15-20 yards away, bellerin was clearly in a position to make the ref say it was a yellow not red, PLUS the direction of the ball which is not heading towards goal..
if you want ill bring the video down here for you, watch everything, thats literally as they are falling, lukaku is clearly not on the ground, you really need to check your eyes

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Law 12 of the Laws of the Game lists the categories of misconduct for which a player may be sent off. These are:

1. Serious foul play
2. Violent conduct
3. Spitting at an opponent or any other person
4. Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
5.  Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
6. Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
7.  Receiving a second caution in the same match

Now, the Ref is the judge, jury, and convictor in games, which I am 100% ok with. I am also a fan of after the fact disciplinary actions, but that is for another day.

Given the players on the pitch, we saw the defender take down the attacker. The defender was the last man on his team between the keeper and the attacker. Had it not been for the fact that the foul occurred closer to the midway line than the 18-yard box, that is the ONLY reason I can see the Ref not giving a Red.

Bellerine is well known for pace and I can see him catch Lukaku, but I think the ref decided, due to the position of the foul, it was only a yellow, "professional" foul.

Keep in mind, I do think the Gunners should have had a PK on the cut back play in the box. I am a Man United fan, but my eyes work quite well before you mention anything about my vision. haha :)

Greatone 6 years ago Edited

i reaaaallly think you need to read that rule 5, which is specific:

Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

firstly, "obvious", was that a completely obvious goal scoring oppurtunity as due to two factors: bellerin's position and the distance from goal.
the last man thing is only a factor in determining if its an obvious goalscoring opportunity.

secondly "moving towards the player's goal" watch where the ball is going, its not going towards the goal, its going to the corner flag

thats a yellow every day of the week. there really shouldn't be a debate about it

@darthfooty your vision is fine, its other people im worried about aha

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

firstly, "obvious", was that a completely obvious goal scoring oppurtunity as due to two factors: bellerin's position and the distance from goal.
the last man thing is only a factor in determining if its an obvious goalscoring opportunity.

secondly "moving towards the player's goal" watch where the ball is going, its clearly not going towards the goal, its going to the corner flag

thats a yellow every day of the week. there really shouldn't be a debate about it

secondly "moving towards the player's goal" watch where the ball is going, its clearly not going towards the goal, its going to the corner flag

@darthfooty your vision is fine, its other people im worried about aha

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@DarthFooty Greatone is right, considering Lukaku finishing ability and speed, this was clearly not an obvious goal scoring occasion. :P

Sarcasm aside, why are we debating about that? Kos having a red would have served United nothing, it would just have been revenge for Pogba. The ref was poor and made many mistake, I think we can all agree on that at least. Arguing wether or not Koscielny should have had a red just make United fan look like their sore imo. :( If you need to prove there was an injustice commited against your team even though it wouldn't change the results of the game or of Pobga's red card, then go ahead, but it sound to me as if you guys are just wishing the worse to a team who isn't even a serious rival at the moment. :P

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

omg man, im responding to you saying kos was last man and that bellerin was 15-20 yards away, bellerin was clearly in a position to make the ref say it was a yellow not red, PLUS the direction of the ball which is not heading towards goal..

If Kos does not pull down Lukaku, Lukaku is in on goal and Bellerin does not catch him. The image you linked showed a time several seconds after the pulldown occurs. I really can't make this any more simple. If you can't grasp it, that's not my problem.

Greatone 6 years ago

@sunflash ok. i've had enough of this troll

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Greatone Dude, Sun is not trolling, the picture you posted is after the pulldown, thats a fact. Bellerin is not the flash either, if Kos doesn't take Lukaku down when he does, he clearly get a shot at goal. Imo, Koscielny should have tried keeping up with him instead and making it harder for him to take a shot, putting pressure on him instead of risking taking a redand creating all this annoying controversy.

Also, if you guys are gonna keep on frustrating yourself about it and start calling each other name (like troll) which is stupid imo, I will simply close this thread. So don't even bother.

Greatone 6 years ago

@emobot look at the photo, lukaku isnt even on the ground yet, he's saying that the photo is several seconds after he tripped him when it is right after, that photo is from 1 second after, when you can see both the position of bellerin and the direction of the ball in relation to lukaku.

im calling him a troll for ignoring everything im saying: im talking about the ball not even going in the right direction for the referee to make the call that its a red card, and he ignores new information that doesn't suit him, im stopping, im gonna ignore him, i understand hes a man u fan and all, but its ridiculous.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Greatone Mate, get used to people disagreeing with you on this site and not accepting anyhting you say even if you provide proof. Its nothing against you believe me and most of the time, its not a question of them being troll. Its just how it is. Personnaly, I just don't care, the fact that wasn't a red is good for Arsenal, thats all there's to it. Was it a wrong call or a good one? Is it really important? I mean, is it important enough to get frustrated because someone doesn't agree with you on it?