Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Prediction for the 2017 FIFA Confederation Cup
Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Myself, I'm expect Portugal and Mexico to make it to the knockout phase after finishing first and second of group A. Group B is harder to judge, Germany should top the group but for some reason, I feel like Chile will fail to qualify. I think it will be either Cameroon or Australia who will make it as the second best team in their group instead.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I hate the fact Russia is still able to compete despite all the doping scandal backed by their government. Regardless I don't think they'll pass their group. Portugal-Mexico and Germany-Chile will qualify. I could see a Portugal Germany final.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@raimondo90 Somehow, I don't think it will happen, if only because its so predictable to have those meet in the final and football taught me its everything but predictable, especially in recent year. And yeah, Russia participing despite the scandal is a shame but if they get eliminated in the group phase... I would be thinking it would be enough to show them they are not ready for the world cup and it would be be karma in its own way. XD

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@raimondo90 Somehow, I don't think it will happen, if only because its so predictable to have those meet in the final and football taught me its everything but predictable, especially in recent year.

@raimondo90 Somehow, I don't think it will happen, if only because its so predictable to have those meet in the final and football taught me its everything but predictable, especially in recent year. And yeah, Russia participing despite the scandal is a shame but if they get eliminated in the group phase... I would be thinking it would be enough to show them they are not ready for the world cup and would be be karma in a way. XD

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

germany and portugal for sure title contenders. we'll have to see how chile stack up against european teams. (not friendlies). mexico will bomb hard, like they always do

538 11432

@Gonzi I got a youngster in my organisation who is of Mexican origine, he love football with a passion and support Mexico so I'm hoping they can do well this tournament, if only for him. :D

• History

@Gonzi I got a youngster in my organisation who of Mexican origine, he love football with a passion and support Mexico so I'm hoping they can do well this tournament, if only for him. :D

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Expect a Germany-Mexico and Portugal-Chile Semi Finals. The winner of second game can surprise Germany if they reach the Final.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

damn world cup is next year! last 3 years went so fast!

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

If Portugal is off guard Mexico can top the group but I don't see anyone beating Chile except Germany so I say top favorites Germany and Chile.

538 11432

@Golazo Hum, not really expecting much from Chile myself, since last Copa, they haven't really impressed me. I mean, they are still a very good team but... they don't strike me as a side who will win all of their game in a competition like that. That might only be me though. :(

• History

@Golazo Hum, not really expecting much from Chile myself, since last Copa, they haven't really impressed me. I mean, they are still a very good team but... they don't strike me as a side who will all of their game in a competition like that. That might only be me though. :(

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

We're getting closer and closer now! Wouldn't actually be suprised to see Cameroon managing to make to the semis, hope its gonna be as Emre predicted it though. Would nearly be the most interesting. How do you guys think Russia will do? :S I mean, if they do poorly in those games, people will get very worried about the world cup, they are the host team after all. :(

Pepeee 7 years ago
Arsenal, France 1 52

Portugal are heavy favorites in light of Germany not bringing their best players. Pair that with an in-form, hungry Ronaldo.

Germany and Portugal will top their groups, followed by Chile and Mexico - or, possibly, Russia with their home soil advantage - respectively. I see the following as the most likely outcome:

Semifinals
Portugal vs Chile
Germany vs Mexico

Final
Portugal vs Germany

Put your money on Portugal.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Pepeee Something tell you aren't completely impartial about that. :P Seriously though, your a French supporter? I mean, I'm glad to see your not sour over their victory at the Euro but why do you so much faith in them? :S

Pepeee 7 years ago
Arsenal, France 1 52

@Emobot7

Did you see the team Germany brought? Yeah. No Neuer. No Hummels. No Boateng. No Khedira. No Kroos. No Gündogan. No Özil. No Götze. No Schürrle. No Müller. Clearly not bringing their top squad.

And then you have Portugal. Patrício? Check. Pepe, Fonte, Guerreiro? Check. Moutinho, Carvalho, Gomes? Check. Nani, Silva, Ronaldo? Check. They've essentially brought all their best players.

Now, having a look at Germany's squad, it's not a poor one. Not at all. Germany could probably field three squads that would be able to compete with most nations out there. But overcoming this Portugal team -- a team full of experience and, frankly, more quality? I don't see it. But, if proven wrong, I'd be hugely impressed.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Pepee Oh... Didn't knew Germany didn't brought Neuer, Hummels, Boateng, Kroos, Ozil or even Muller. I agree that the Portugal team should have the advantage. :) However, they will need to get used to the difference in temperature and to worry about Chile. But yeah, now that I know Germany don't got their top team, I see why Portugal could be seen as favorite. ;)

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

don't worry about chile against top teams. they can't actually beat top teams. they can't be brazil or argentina in a full 90 minutes, they have to go to penalties. looking at the groups germany has it easiest. there is no team here that is a problem for them. the only thing that could stop germany from winning is their players, it depends who they bring to the tournament, i think i read that they are bringing a young squad.

they should maybe change the concept and invite teams to participate who are top in the rankings. like the copa america, a team is invited to participate. imagine if brazil was invited to participate or any top team. it would make things much more interesting.

• History

don't worry about chile against top teams. they can't actually beat top teams. they can't be brazil or argentina in a full 90 minutes, they have to go to penalties. looking at the groups germany has it easiest. there is no team here that is a problem for them.

they should maybe change the concept and invite teams to participate who are top in the rankings. like the copa america, a team is invited to participate. imagine if brazil was invited to participate or any top team. it would make things much more interesting.

don't worry about chile against top teams. they can't actually beat top teams. they can't be brazil or argentina in a full 90 minutes, they have to go to penalties. looking at the groups germany has it easiest. there is no team here that is a problem for them. the only thing that could stop germany from winning is there players, it dpends who they bring to the tournament, i think i read that they are bringing a young squad.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

So, the tournament started, first game was Russia winning 2-0 against New-Zealand. Sadly, its the weakest team in the competition no doubt so it doesn't mean much... Still, a victory is a victory and to keep their credibility, Russia needed the win. Anyway, coming next will be Portugal vs Mexico and Cameroon vs Chile. Shoud be somewhat more interesting game. :)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

CR7 is a loose cannon now so Mexico has a chance.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Lol! XD

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I think Germany will win, but I want Sanchez to win another international trophy.

I know Germany has a B team, but their 'B' team is still strong.

If Germany A vs Portugal A ended 4 0, then Germany B vs Portugal A can end 1 0

Although Portugal have gotten strong, it's not enough.

Cristianoo 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 53

Germany 4-0 Portugal was back in 2014 when Germany won the World Cup, and Portugal had a crisis in their team, injured-playing Ronaldo etc. Top that off with an early red card for Pepe. Had Portugal and Germany faced in 2016, or now, I highly doubt it would end with the same result.

Portugal A would quite easily brush off Germany B. Hopefully they'll meet so that can be verified.
Portugal will probably win this tournament.