{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Prediction for the 2017 FIFA Confederation Cup
Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Cristianoo

Had Portugal and Germany faced in 2016, or now, I highly doubt it would end with the same result.

Perhaps so, but what I was trying to say was Germany can humiliate anyone on their day.

Portugal A would quite easily brush off Germany B. Hopefully they'll meet so that can be verified.

We'll have to see, but I don't think that the job will be done easily, considering their B team is better than most team's A teams.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'm glad they are using the video technology now :)

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@quikzyyy Yep, seem FIFA have chosed to use it officialy, now we just need to know if it will be there in WC 2018. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy Yep, seem FIFA have chosed to use officialy, now we just need to know if it will be there in WC 2018. :)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

+1 for Video technology, if used in the World Cup it will be much harder for players to cheat their way through, it should be used not only for goal situations but also in case of red cards and penalties.

Pepe already hates it I bet xD

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Vidoe technology is not without it's flaws though. They used it quite unnecessarily after Portugal's second goal, and now Vargas has been denied an onside looking goal.

I'm not complaining though. This is much better than no video technology.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It's day 1 with video technology and already 2 goals disallowed, I wonder how much would the overall history of world football look if this was used a few years back...

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Semi Finals:

Germany : Mexico
Portugal : Chile

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Som even games. We get to see the Europe champion vs the south American champion. I think germany will win pretty straight forward. Chile Germany final I'm.predicting.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Portugal Chile should be fun, maybe high scoring game?

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

im going portugal on this one

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

After the group stage Germany and Portugal are the best teams but I think it's not that obvious that both will play in the final, Chile even if not impressive can still win the whole thing and if Mexico solves their defense they can win as well...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

The 4 last team are pretty good and I feel like anything could happen. Portugal are favorite because of their team and the fact that they have the momentum but Chile and Germany could also manage to win it all if things goes their way. Mexico could also cause a suprise if they keep up their form in attack and manage to work on correcting their defense.

nigelpayne 7 years ago

what is it about these 8 clubs that qualifies them to be in the confederations cup as opposed to other countries?

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Chile first finalist, Copa America champions kicked out Euro Champions xD

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

South America is underrated but we do have the toughest classification to the WC and toughest Cup. That competition forces you to be at your very best all the time. I predicted Chile winning, but Portugal, especially Andre Gomes, did not show up.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@raimondo Andre Gomes rarely does from what I heard from some Barcelona fan.

@nigelpayne They are all champion of the last major tournament. Chile won Copa, Portugal won the Euro, Germany won WC, Cameroon won the Africain cup of nation, same goes for New-Zealand and Australia. Only one who won nothing are Russia and they are participing as the host of this tournament and of the World Cup.

@Golazo Well, Portugal is a good team, but no team can be sure to win every game, especially if they are playing against a team up to their level. Chile did very well and at the end of the day, Bravo made the difference for his team.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

Deserved win for Chile for sure. Not sure what's up with not reviewing that clear penalty in favor of Chile in extra time. Perfect chance to make use of VAR and referee was like nope! Still think that maybe team managers should be given one or two chances to appeal for a play to be reviewed similar to tennis.

nigelpayne 7 years ago Edited

@yvan that idea about managers appealing is v good...deffo shud be implemented

@emo thanks :-)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@yvan that idea about managers appealing is v good...deffo shud be implemented

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Yvan That or at the very least, have the VAR referee who look at the replay be able to ask the main referee to make use of the video if he think there is something wrong with the referee decision. After all, I already saw a ref go back on his decision after being told to do so by one of his assistant. But yeah, otherwise, I 100% agree, I would just be worried manager try to use that to win some time.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well 3 months ago I said:

If Portugal is off guard Mexico can top the group but I don't see anyone beating Chile except Germany so I say top favorites Germany and Chile.

Germany:Chile finals it is then :D