Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premier League thought
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

So, I've been meaning to share my thought on the first few games in the PL since a while now but I only found the time to do it now, so here I go. I will try to class them based on the team I'm talking about.

• Manchester United

• Their are looking a lot more dangerous in attack, especially in the later stage of a game. Could it be that Mou feel he can let his team being more creative in attack?
    • Martial, Lukaku and Pogba have been espcially good. Martial doing the work of a super-sub with a assist and 2 goal in not even a full 90 min.
    • Is it me or Rashford is trying to dive now? Not wanting to start a debate or anything but I feel like he is making a lot of run toward his opponent only to fall easily in the end? Find it a bit dissapoint considering how young he is.
    • Their defense is pretty good, it was even more impressive against West Ham in fact than against Swansea.
  • Arsenal

• Giroud and Ramsey are incredible as sub.
    • They can score 4 goal in one game but then fail to score a single one against Stoke. Arsenal are set for another hard and inconsistent season aren't they. :(
  • Chelsea

• Marcos Alonso is really an awesome player.
    • Batshuayi should never defend against freekick again.
    • Their defense look pretty solid even without Cahill.
    • Bakayoko look like he need to work on his discipline.
    • Still looking good despite the harsh begining against Burnley.
  • Liverpool

• Incredible in offense at time but lot of problem with their defending again...
    • Look like Mane, Firmino and Salah are gonna be the key player for them this season.
  • Tottenham

• Delle Ali is really good at getting fault or at making them (got Shelvey a red card last week and gave the fault which would lead to Chelsea first goal today).
    • Feel like Spurs need more imagination, 2 goal against 10 man Newcastle and 1 against Chelsea from OG on a set piece isn't really that good, especially if you consider the number of corner they win in a game.
  • West Bromwich Albion

• Best start of a season from them in a while it seem. :)
    • Robson Kanu is really good at scoring memorable goal... And at getting booked afterward. XD
  • Stoke

• Jese scored on his first apparence for them. :)
    • Seem pretty solid in defense.
  • Leicester

• Convincing performance from them despite the lose against Arsenal.
    • I do believe Vardy found his goalscoring boots back.
  • Huddersfield
    • Really impressive start of the season for them.

Anyway, not really particuliar comment to add other than I'm dissapointed in a few team: Brighton, Newcastle, Bournermouth, West Ham and Crystal Palace. Was actually hoping they would do better. :(

Watford under Marco Silva did impress me however. Hoping he can keep up the good performance with them.

So, thats my thought and the thing I have remarked, if any of you would like to react to some of them and share your own, it would be most welcome.

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

My thoughts from the PL games I have watched so far...

• Liverpool
    • Disorganized midfield, can't put together a good string of passes
    • Defense is a joke lol
  • Tottenham

• Really good build up play, midfield movement is silky
    • Eriksen, Alli looking sharp, really good news for Kane as he'll be feeding from them the entire season
    • Defensive strategy is a bit risky pushing up that high, but it's worked well so far
    • Wtf was that Lloris mistake lmao. They could have earned a draw against Chelsea if not for the goalkeeping error
  • Chelsea
    • Fairly solid, they look just about as good as last season. Hazard coming back will be a huge boost for them, IMO
    • They played really well against Tottenham. Need to finish their bloody chances though; finishing was poor

Haven't watched either of the United or Arsenal games live.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The season is long and it's going to be very hard to get that top 3 spot, specially considering that all part from Arsenal will try to reach far in the Champions League.

For me Manchester teams have a more stable defense which is the difference when comparing them to the rest, I mean Manchester United has a really solid backline even when Rojo and Shaw are injured.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895
  • Arsenal

Another disappointing year which will be worse than last year.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The season just started, if you watched Arsenal they were the better team.
Those kind of loses will happen to all teams sooner or later, Arsenal plays well in front, part from Welbeck that should be sold or benched, the problem is defense and we all know attack wins games but defense wins titles, still Arsenal will have a good shot at top 3 just like the rest of the pack.

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Only two weeks into the season. Can't judge who are the real title contenders till October/November as the big guns will play each other by then...

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Golazo111

Of course, but those results is what we should aim to prevent as a title winning side. Already we failed. Why should I believe that it will change this year, especially under Wenger?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Golazo111

Of course, but those results is what we should aim to prevent as a title winning side. Already we failed. Why should I believe that it will change?

Golazo111

Of course, but those results is what we should aim to prevent as a title winning side. Already we failed. Why should I believe that it will change this year, especially under Wenger.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Have to agree with Golazo and Ashwin! Too early to judge and I dont want to get too excited.

But for the sake of this awesome thread, I have to give input to Manchester United:

• Totally enjoyable football, solid and pushed hard when necessary,
  • refuse to sit back after 2 goals (like Mou isn the last 3 years).
  • Give the right room to Mkhi, Matic and Lukaku (as well as Mata) instead of using Lingard and Fellani (super happy about this).

Rashford is a strong, technical and great, BUT is developing a bit of too much selfish and tend to cry often (as Emo said), I kinda dislike him too in this sense, I hope Mou kicks this stuffs out of him.

Martial deserves much more IMO, but it's working now so I guess Mou has his reason.

danteskyhigh 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 0 24

Tottenham needs the right attitude to kick it on this season. They seems too content with who they were in last 2 seasons.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Rashford is a strong, technical and great, BUT is developing a bit of too much selfish and tend to cry often (as Emo said), I kinda dislike him too in this sense, I hope Mou kicks this stuffs out of him.

That what worry me, he didn't looked liked he was doing that at all under LVG if I remember correctly, hope its not Mourinho who told him to fall easily. Still very good like but he need to play more with his team-mate like you said, waste quite a few opportunity because of selfishness. :(

I don't mind Martial coming off the bench toward the end of the second half if it mean he score a goal a game. XD