Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premier League: Transfer window will close before start of season
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Premier League clubs have voted to close next summer's the transfer window before the season starts.

Managers have complained that the ability for players to move when the season is already under way causes disruption to their squads and preparations.

But from next season, the window will close at 17:00 BST on the Thursday before the Premier League season starts.

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy Wow, thats kind of a suprising move, cause its mean less time to conduct their transfer. Weird, especially when you consider that some very important move were resolved at the last minute or toward the end of the transfer window.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Good for the league imo.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

If other leagues will not follow EPL will be kinda doomed.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Who do you think voted against it?

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

heard one of them was United, not sure tho..

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

enter image description here

Wenger to Arsenal fans

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Well yeah they will f*ck up if leagues don't follow but okay, other way it's good decision.

Moonman1738 7 years ago
0 6

I ageee, if all leagues don't follow suit it would be disastrous, but clubs should finish all their business before the season starts anyway. They don't need to keep players that plan on leaving till the last second.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Man Utd, Man City, Watford, Swansea and Crystal Palace voted against early transfer window closure. Burnley abstained.

raimondo90 7 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Does this just limit the EPL teams from purchasing? Or are they also not allowed to sell and loan after?

Never mind, I found the answer

The summer transfer window will now shut at 5pm on the Thursday before the first game of the season, with the change affecting only incoming signings. The Premier League is the first European elite division to abandon the deadline on or around 31 August, meaning clubs elsewhere in Europe will be able to buy their players but no replacements could be signed.

Per The Guardian.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Does this just limit the EPL teams from purchasing? Or are they also not allowed to sell and loan after?

Never mind, I found the answer

The summer transfer window will now shut at 5pm on the Thursday before the first game of the season, with the change affecting only incoming signings. The Premier League is the first European elite division to abandon the deadline on or around 31 August, meaning clubs elsewhere in Europe will be able to buy their players but no replacements could be signed.

Per The Guardian.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Quikzyyy Actually, I find a special form of respect for Burnley for staying neutral in this. That or nobody even told them of the voting. :P

_Pelle_ 7 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

I think this is a good move

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@emo haha they had no clue that there was the voting.

I think it is a good move for EPL.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

This is only good for mid table clubs who aren't in as much pressure to sign key targets compared to top English clubs that will be in a more vulnerable position to either splash the cash or curl up as a fortress against foreign clubs that target their top players.

In our case, it seems Woodward has been doing a fine job getting the signings done asap (whatever the cost), so this change shouldn't be a problem for us except possibly spending more than we've already had.

However, clubs like Arsenal who already failed miserably in the recent window, will surely be fvcked even more in the next window since their performance has always been below satisfactory the past few windows.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

This is only good for mid table clubs who aren't in as much pressure to sign key targets compared to top English clubs that will be in a more vulnerable position to either splash the cash or curl up as a target by other foreign clubs wanting their top players.

With this new policy being applied, guys like us are fvcked even more than it is.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I think it should benefit us, we will clear the players which want to go early and won't have to worry about it after we lose the opening game.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy @IHEART I think that at this point, most PL club will propably take the opportunity to try and make their signing as a soon as possible, a la Bayern Munich (those guy alway seem to do most of their transfer before the window is even open).

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Like many of you have said, if the other league won't follow, then that's a clear disadvantage for the PL.