Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premier League Winter break is coming
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Winter Break set to be confirmed in England as the FA finally bows to pressure from collection of Premier League's top managers.enter image description here

IMO: I'm totally in for this idea, I love games at boxing day and everyone else probably as well, so I think it will take some place in January. New signings may get some time to get into team, players can have some rest in front if incoming 2nd half of the season as they do in other leagues.

What do you think? Good/Bad decision? Can EPL teams profit from it?

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Best thing about this is that it will give the BPL teams a break before the CL knockout rounds. Should boost the results.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Great decision. The FA was stupid to not do this sooner. IMO they should also remove the Carling Cup (or whatever it's called now) and only keep the FA Cup. This will give the English teams much more rest and help them prepare more for CL and EL games. It also makes sure that the final few weeks of the season is settled by proper football and not by tired and sloppy play.

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Should have done this a lot sooner. It will help the players gear up for the crucial part of the season. Will help in the CL too.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Excellent ! FINALLY !! Now they need to allow CL teams to have their games played on Friday or Saturday . EL Teams playing on Thrusday should play on Sunday or Monday . We are making enough money to satisfy everyone but these broadcaster just greedy wanting more !

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

FA reacts very late, They should have been already fired after failing to create a golden generation like it used to, imo the end of the cycle is reached. But yeah about winter break it was obvious, February And March are the most crucial moments of the season.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

Exactly ! Fcking FA blamed clubs for failing to produce golden generation ! useless FA ! They are corrupt , bias and greedy bunch ! I really don't understand how such organization can be so ignorant to the voice of the fans and clubs . We pay your wages wankers ! Any ways I am done being angry :))

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

Very good news, heres hoping we see the positif effect of such a decision very soon. :D

@Dynastian On wikipedia, they call it the EFL (most likely for english football league) cup and before that, they simply called it the football league cup.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Very good news, heres hoping we see the positif effect of such a decision very soon. :D

@Dynastian On wikipedia, they call it the EFL Cup and before that, they called it the football league cup.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Good decision from FA, thats excellent news, EPL teams can rest more and start to refreshing their squads. After the first few games, they can now see whats wrong and what needs to be improved in their squads.

If this doesnt boost the teams morale for UCL, I dont know what would.

Marcus2011 8 years ago

So how many days of rest , any news on that yet ?