Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premios La Liga Awards Gala 2016 - any strange thought?
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

In case you guys missed out the news, the #Premious La Liga Awards Gala was hosted glamorously on 24/10/2016 with all kind of people involved.

Total of 17 awards were given out to the best performers last season (15/16). Now, lets focus on La Liga only

LaLiga Santander Award Winners

• Best Goalkeeper: Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid)
  • Best Defender: Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid)
  • Best Midfielder: Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
  • Best Striker: Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona)
  • Best Coach: Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid)
  • Best Player: Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid)
  • Best Newcomer: Marco Asensio (RCD Espanyol)
  • LaLiga World Player: Luis Suarez (FC Barcelona)
  • Jugador Cinco Estrellas de la Aficion (Fans' Five-Star Player): Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid)

They all seems normal and reasonable, although Best Player is Griezmaan, best striker is Messi and best world player is Suarez ... but ok, this is not so strange.

The strangest part is Luis Enrique was NOT even nominated for the best coaches (so not in top 3). What the hell? Lots of people says his success come down to MSN, and he's a very average coach...

I refuse to accept this reasons, we have so many great coaches failed to lead a team with incredible powerful squads (especially on papers), if they succeed, then it's due to luck, otherwise they are pathetic and suck badly???

More: http://www.laliga.es/en/noticias/the-premioslaliga-201516-gala-hailed-as-a-resounding-success

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

In case you guys missed out the news, the #Premious La Liga Awards Gala was hosted glamorously on 24/10/2016 with all kind of people involves.

Total of 17 awards were given out to the best performers last season (15/16). Now, lets focus on La Liga only

• Jugador Cinco Estrellas de la Aficion (Fans' Five-Star Player): Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid)

They all seems normal and reasonable, although Best Player is Griezmaan, best striker is Messi and best world player is Suarez ... but ok, this is not so strange.

The strangest part is Luis Enrique was NOT even nominated for the best coaches (so not in top 3). What the hell? Lots of people says his success come down to MSN, and he's a very average coach...

I refuse to accept this reasons, we have so many great coaches failed to lead a team with incredible powerful squads (especially on papers), if they succeed, then it's due to luck, otherwise they are pathetic and suck badly???

In case you guys missed out the news, the #Premious La Liga Awards Gala was hosted glamorously on 24/10/2016 with all kind of people involved.

Comments
Phenohyte 7 years ago
3 122

What's the LaLiga World Player award? And how can the top player not be the best at his position?

I agree that LE should have been nominated, my top 3 would've been him, Simeone and the Celta Vigo coach whoever it is.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Phenohyte I'm guessing he is the top player coming from another continent than Europe. Some of those are a bit weird though. :S

Phenohyte 7 years ago
3 122

So Messi is top striker ahead of Suarez but Suarez is the top player not from Europe ahead of Messi.

Messi is the top striker but Griezmann is the top player.

That's just bizarre.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Phenohyte Maybe you cannot win more than one? I have no idea. :P

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

No, not strange at all :D

• History

No, not strange at all :D LoL.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Thanks Tuan for sharing was starting to make a thread about it, thankfully I checked and I found yours...

Nothing strange for me, DESERVED by Griezmann, No injuries, No suspensions, complete season with important goals and huge display both offensively and defensively. The rest is also logical.

enter image description here

Edit : problem with Griezmann pic, assist 16 and he was ranked first in work rate.

• History

Thanks Tuan for sharing was starting to make a thread about it, thankfully I checked and I found yours...

Nothing strange for me, DESERVED by Griezmann, No injuries, No suspensions, complete season with important goals and huge display both offensively and defensively. The rest is also logical.

Edit : problem with Griezmann pic, assist 16 and he was ranked first in work rate.

Drbutterface 7 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

So Messi is top striker ahead of Suarez but Suarez is the top player not from Europe ahead of Messi.

Messi is the top striker but Griezmann is the top player.

That's just bizarre

Seems to lack some common sense, doesn't it? Exactly like not having Cristiano on that list. I think this list is just a bunch of biased trash.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Whole Spain seems to agree, maybe you should trust people who watche Liga games, I have told my preference on Griezmann more than a month ago. Well Ronaldo will win BO because his teams won CL and Euro but in term of performance and I won't change my point I watched CR, Suarez, Messi and Griezmann in the league, The result is fair believe me.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2016/10/26/5810d0b346163f293f8b45c4.html

This article is really interesting about it, not just because it's 100% my opinion :) ok yes a little, but having an unpopular opinion about this season BO im glad to find analysts who share my point.

Sha

Drbutterface 7 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

Whole Spain seems to agree,

Truth is nothing that is created by a majority. Phenohyte has proven that this list has some fundamental logical flaws and is hence not only incoherent, but also contradictive. Like it or not, things have to make sense. Being agreed upon by a majority does not automatically give it sense, when it contradicts basic logical rules.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Depends on the subject, what does not make sense in your opinion ?

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@tiki_taka The thing that does not makes sense is if Griezmann is the best player then he should automatically be the best striker. But the best striker is Messi ahead of Griezmann and Suarez. Then let us consider Messi as the best striker than he should automatically be the LaLiga world player. But Suarez wins that award.
Since you know more about this award, can you explain how?

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think it might be due to La Liga not wishing to let one player walk away with three awards.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Actually the best striker doesn't necessarily mean the best player, the best player might also imply leadership, architect of plays etc...

However, in this particular case, we all know Messi also does the architect of the attack for Barca, so the best striker vs the best player now seems a bit confusing.

Having said that, I think Suarez deserved it, and if the choice is 50-50% or 45-55% it's ok to spread the prizes to each individuals. from that I understand the final decisions.

What I dont understand is they underestimate Luis Enrique's achievements so badly??

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I get the talk that if Griezmann is not the best striker, then he should not be the best player, but this concept of almost "sharing" domestic awards is nothing new in football.

Similarly, Hazard won PFA Player of the Year in the 14/15 season but didn't win PFA Young Player of the Year when he was nominated for it as well, and in the right age category. I think Kane ended up taking that out and he deserved it for his efforts but if Hazard was the best player overall, surely he was also the best amongst the young players. Didn't mean to mention Chelsea, just wanted to give an example.

Football awards are not necessarily logical or black and white. Just like the Ballon D'or which seems to be a popularity contest. Recognition for individuals is great but I would gladly get rid off some of these awards.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 Agreed

@tuan_jinn Well, I guess he should have been nominated at the very least... Still, you can't argue both Zidane and Simeone did a very decent job with their team. I think its hart to chose really.