Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Quick summary of the weekend
Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11426

Awesome week of football once more this has been. In the EPL, Manchester United, City and Chelsea all have won their game to confirm their place on top of the table. Arsenal and Leicester get their first win of the season in some pretty good perfomance. Everton with another win to place them high on the table, while Tottenham and Liverpool end their game in a draw. Hull and Middlebrough have impressed me with some pretty good result for promoted side, hope to see more good result out of them in the future.

In ligue 1, we get the suprise of seeing PSG lose their first game of the season already against Monaco, which in turn make for 3 new leader, Guingamp, Monaco and Nice.

Serie A has already some interesting game going, Juventus, Genoa, Sassuolo and Sampdoria all won their two first game to put them ahead, Napoli had a big win over Milan despite them putting a good fight, Inter and Roma only managed to get a draw out of their games, Torino had a impressive 5-1 win over Bologna while Fiorentina beated Chievo.

In La Liga, both Barcelona and Real Madrid win their second game while Atletico have already falled behind with a suprising second draw in their second game. The big suprise this time around is Las Palmas who have managed to get themselve at the top of the table with their impressive 9 goal tally thanks to their 5-1 victory against Granada.

Bayern had a great win in their first game againt Werder Bremen. Wolfburg, Herta Berlin and the 2 Borrusia also won their game, leaving Mainz, Leverkusen and Schalke, who all losed their first game, behind.

The Eredivisie was quite interesting with PSV having their first draw and leaving Feyenoord top with their 4 straight victory? Could this year be the return to glory of this Netherland club who haven't won the Eredivisie in recent year?

The Primeira Liga was also pretty good this week, it saw its current leader, Sporting manage to beat one of their two biggest rival, Porto to maintain their first place with 9 point putting them ahead Benfica.

In the Super Lig, Fenerbahce is having something of a hard start to the season after their defeat and one draw of today. Besiktas have fallen behind a tiny bit because of the result of yesterday game while Galatasaray and Istanbul BB remain in first position.

Last but not the least, Montreal beat Toronto in the MLS, haha, right in your face. :P

What are you thoughts on this football week? Please, share them with us! :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Awesome week of football once more this has been. In the EPL, Manchester United, City and Chelsea all have won their game to confirm their place on top of the table. Arsenal and Leicester get their first win of the season in some pretty good perfomance. Everton with another win to place them high on the table, while Tottenham and Liverpool end their game in a draw. Hull and Middlebrough have impressed me with some pretty good result for promoted side, hope to see more good result out of them in the future.

In ligue 1, we get the suprise of seeing PSG lose their first game of the season already against Monaco, which in turn make for 3 new leader, Guingamp, Monaco and Nice.

Serie A has already some interesting game going, Juventus, Genoa, Sassuolo and Sampdoria all won their two first game to put them ahead, Napoli had a big win over Milan despite them putting a good fight, Inter and Roma only managed to get a draw out of their games, Torino had a impressive 5-1 win over Bologna while Fiorentina beated Chievo.

In La Liga, both Barcelona and Real Madrid win their second game while Atletico have already falled behind with a suprising second draw in their second game. The big suprise this time around is Las Palmas who have managed to get themselve at the top of the table with their impressive 9 goal tally thanks to their 5-1 victory against Granada.

Bayern had a great win in their first game againt Werder Bremen. Wolfburg, Herta Berlin and the 2 Borrusia also won their game, leaving Mainz, Leverkusen and Schalke, who all losed their first game, behind.

The Eredivisie was quite interesting with PSV having their first draw and leaving Feyenoord top with their 4 straight victory? Could this year be the return to glory of this Netherland club who haven't won the Eredivisie in recent year?

The Primeira Liga was also pretty good this week, it saw its current leader, Sporting manage to beat one of their two biggest rival, Porto to maintain their first place with 9 point putting them ahead Benfica.

In the Super Lig, Fenerbahce is having something of a hard start to the season after their defeat and one draw of today. Besiktas have fallen behind a tiny bit because of the result of yesterday game while Galatasaray and Istanbul BB remain in first position.

Last but not the least, Montreal beat Toronto in the MLS, haha, right in your face. :P

What are you thought on the week? Please, share them with us! :)

Comments
_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

great summary man. I don't watch all these leagues, so it's great to read how the other top teams are doing.

538 11426

@Gonzi Thanks, to be sincere, I don't watch all of the league either but since I got so many friend on here who love so many different league, I try to keep myself informed on all of them. You know what, that remind me something who have nothing to do with this thread. Loving football is the best when you do so with other people who enjoy it as much as you do. And when you share that joy with them, they make you want to learn more and to enjoy it even more so for that, I would like to thank every guys (and gal maybe) out there on Footyroom who enjoy talking with me about football. You make me a better football fan but above that, I think you make me a better human being. For some people, that will just seem out of place and weird but I can't help myself, its how I feel about Footyroom, it have kind of become my second home. So for all of that, thank you guys. ;)
Anyway, don't forget to share your thought on this week football. :D

• History

@Gonzi Thanks, to be sincere, I don't watch all of the league either but since I got so many friend on here who love so many different league, I try to keep myself informed on all of them. You know what, that remind me something who have nothing to do with this thread. Loving football is the best when you do so with other people who enjoy it as much as you do. And when you share that joy with them, they make you want to learn more and to enjoy it even more so for that, I would like to thank every guys (and gal maybe) out there on Footyroom who enjoy talking with me about football. You make me a better football fan but above that, I think you make me a better human being. For some people, that will just seem out of place and weird but I can't help myself, its how I feel about Footyroom, it have kind of become my second home. So for all of that, thank you guys. ;)

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Awesome man. It would be great if you keep continue doing this for every weekend if you have the time of course.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Nice summary emo! Well done!

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Aaaaaaaa, i love you man. Great job. Very very good.

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Awesome summary man!!

Things I would like to add: We are looking really good under Mourinho. The two main criticisms often levelled against him which were not using young players and not playing attacking football were both dispelled in one match. I'm not saying that one substitute appearance in 4 games is enough, but then who can he possibly take out of the team without coming under further scrutiny. He has said that in September everyone will play.

The early-season title contenders appear to be the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea. I didn't expect Conte to have such an immediate impact but the effect is there to see.

La Liga is looking to be more of the same this year, and I think that the 4 points Atletico have dropped will be very costly.

PSG is just not the same without Ibra, and Cavani is still not on the same level.

One question though, anybody who follows Super Lig, please tell me why Fenerbahce is not starting Robin Van Persie?? He is my all time favourite player. He scored 14 goals last season, which is not bad in a new country and his age. Is he not fit or something? Or is he out of form??

tuan_jinn 8 years ago

Btw, this my be the year for Feyennoord. But we shouldnt get too excited... teams like that sometimes have amzing first half of the season and then chock... but I would like to see they getting back to their old glory days

tuan_jinn 8 years ago

@saakvit: yeahh, we saw that coming, didnt we? Face it, Mou can help MU to find quick success, hes not exactly the youth-dev-type of coach. But right now I dont mind after being a laughing stock for the whole world for 5 years...

I would love to see him give chances to youngster in less competitive games in the future though.

As for RVP: he is getting old, and his star attitude might get in his way (not saying he does it now) i can imagine he is not as fit yet.

netsten 8 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

@Emobot good job mate, I was totally off this weekend so it's very useful, thanks.

saatvik10 8 years ago

@tuan That's exactly how I feel. It would be foolish to drop somebody right now to make place for Rashford. He can play him in the League Cup and/or Europa League.

I agree RVP is getting old, (this is my highly biased opinion) but isn't an old RVP still better than the other strikers Fenerbahce have? BTW, did you see the Europa League draw?? I would say we have got a good challenging group. Will probably shed a tear or two if RVP scores at Old Trafford against us :)

NovaRuk 8 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

Emo, you should be a moderator already

538 11426

@saatvik10 I expect Arsenal fan to find it quite funny and ironic if Van Persie does score against you guys, anyway, thanks for sharing your opinion, make the thread more interesting.

@Emrecan Will definetly try to keep doing this if I got the time. ;)

@NovaRuk Haha, thanks pal. ;)

• History

@saatvik10 I expect Arsenal fan to find it quite funny and ironic if Van Persie does score against you guys, anyway, thanks for sharing your opinion, make the thread more interesting.

@Emrecan Will definetly try to keep doing this if I got the time. ;)

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@saatvik10 I am not sure why RVP doesn't start, he is probably not ready yet. But he had hard times while Vitor Pereira was in charge. Vitor did not let Van Persie to play enough games last year. Persie also had a fight with him and the fans were behind of RVP. As you know Pereira is fired and Advocaat is the manager of Fenerbahçe right now. And I am sure he will start to play Van Persie next week. Because the fans don't like Fernandao much.
About the Europa League draw; Group A of Europa League is harder than a few CL groups right now. Will be an awesome clash between Fenerbahçe, ManU and an in form Feyenoord, .

saatvik10 8 years ago

@Emrecan_58 I remember when reports of a fight between RVP and Vitor surfaced, the very next week he scored and as a way of celebration he ran to the touchline and hugged Pereira. Don't know how you can fight with a player after that.

Yeah I'm really excited about Europa League even though it always pains when I see United in Europa..

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Do you think Mou will take Europa League seriously or just focus on the league? I think he will want to win both.

saatvik10 8 years ago

He says that he wants to win all competitions and even if he fields a weak 11, look at the strength we have on the bench - Young, Schneiderlin, Memphis, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Smalling, Jones, etc. etc.

He has enough resources to win both competitions, IMO. If United top the group and reach the later stages like quarterfinal then maybe Mourinho will also start focusing seriously on Europa. But The group stage will be used for the sole purpose of giving minutes to those who haven't played till now.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Excellent stuff @emo!

I dont watch the dutch or turkish league and this is very good info,
Plus Las palmas are on a roll as well! They are just like celta vigo last season, lets hope they continue this form, as well as boateng

tuan_jinn 8 years ago

Mou will go for both, absolutely. I would find it surprise if he doesn't. Beside we have deep enough squad to go for that!!!