Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ranking the new central midfielder signing in the top EPL teams - xhaka vs pogba vs kante vs wanyama vs wijnaldum vs gundogan
JimBleedsArsenal 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal, England 3 691

xhaka vs pogba vs kante vs wanyama vs wijnaldum vs gundogan
thats new central midfielder signings from the top 6 teams in england.......how would you rank them???.....they are all relatively young too aged between 23-25.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

thats new central midfielder signings from the top 6 teams in england.......how would you rank them???

Comments
KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Transfermarkt has increased his market value with USD 10m since he joined Chelsea btw. Not that transfermarkt is the universal truth, but sitll.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@dynastian nobody is over hyping him and if you see him play you would know what i'm talking about:) and why would he go to barca, bayern or madrid when he is in the best club right now with one of the best managers.

• History

@dynastian nobody is over hyping him and if you see him play you would know what i'm talking about:)

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Damn, you lot are really all over Conte's nuts aren't you?

He's had a good start for sure, but overreacting the the immediate success (or failure for that matter) of anyone usually is not the best course of action. Excellent starts usually have a way of disappointing sooner or later.

I'm seeing a doctor for my chronic optimism btw

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@SunFlash: hhaha, agree though

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Sunflash You had chronic optimism? When did that happen, was it when you heard Mourinho would manage United? :P Sorry, it was stronger than me. But joke aside, I understand Chelsea fan to be happy with Kante, he have been pretty good and from what I seen last year, he will no doubt conserve that level trough the season. He rarely seemed to have a bad game with Leicester anyway. Of course, he is very solid, but he cannot win game all by himself. So, it doesn't change the fact that the rest of the team as to perform well as well. ;)

• History

@Sunflash You had chronic optimism? When did that happen, was it when you heard Mourinho would managed United? :P Sorry, it was stronger than me. But joke aside, I understand Chelsea fan to be happy with Kante, he have been pretty good and from what I seen last year, he will no doubt conserve that level trough the season. He rarely seemed to have a bad game with Leicester anyway. Of course, he is very solid, but he cannot win game all by himself. So, it doesn't change the fact that the rest of the team as to perform well as well. ;)

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Sunflash To be fair, I was also pretty confident about him doing well. Heck, I'm was expecting a lot more from him but he haven't did a completely horrible job either. What about you? Did you expect him to have that kind of result at first? :(

• History

@Sunflash To be fair, I was also pretty confident about that. Heck, I'm was expecting a lot more from him but he haven't did a completely horrible job either. What about you? Did you expect him to have that kind of result at first? :(

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Emo

I didn't want him in the job. I made that clear for a long time, but now he's here and I'm dealing with it. I hoped we would be better, but I honestly can't say I'm surprised that we're not.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@sunflash just like united fans with mourinho ;) i follow chelsea very closely so i might know some things that you don't know but i could understand that you would be mad i mean we got a coach that plays beautifull football and united got our sacked coach lol

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@chelsea

Not sure I'd call that beautiful...but nevertheless it's an obvious step up from what you had last season.

Hype is just such a virus imo, especially at the start of a season. Percieved value and greatness make everyone think their team is worth something - I'd rather let the final table sort it out. I mean, look at the top 5 right now: City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs. All one point or less from one another. If all of those teams end up as top five by the end of the season, I would be stunned. Someone, I don't know who, but someone, is going to have a monumental collapse at somepoint. It happens every year. And no one ever thinks it's going to be them.

It's a long season, and we're not even a quarter of the way through.

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Well it sure is more beautifull than whatever kind of style united is playing......

Yeah i'm not so sure about that, i think that the same teams that are in the top 5 will stay there until the rest of the season.
These teams have already figured out what their playstyle is and they seems pretty convincing and look the strongest.

A good start is always better than a bad start.

• History

Well it shure is more beautifull than whatever kind of style united is playing......

Yeah i'm not so sure about that, i think that the same teams that are in the top 5 will stay there until the rest of the season.
These teams have already figured out what their playstyle is and they seems pretty convincing the strongest.

Well it shure is more beautifull than whatever kind of style united is playing......

These teams have already figured out what their playstyle is and they seems pretty convincing and look the strongest.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I was one of those who didnt like Mou to coach ud either. Still to this day.

But Im 100% behind the team and support him and the team

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Chelsea8 To be fair, you need not worry about Sunflash thinking his team being better than your, he is very critic with his own team and he know without doubt their short coming and their weakness. ;P

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@emobot i don't doubt his knowledge about united but some people think that they know more than me about the club that i follow every minute.

Praising antonio conte who has achieved so much with juve and put them back on the map when they struggled and cleaning up the mess that mourinho left behind at chelsea in such a short time withouth spending huge amounts of money and brought back the fighting spirit that we missed for a long time and actually plays beautifull football by building the gameplay from the back which i really like but according to some people i'm over hyping him and i qoute " on his nuts" considering that pogba 89mill£ and martial 50 mill£ are the 2 of the most over hyped humans in football.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Chelsea8 To be fair, Manchester United fan had zero power on getting Pogba and Martial for those amount but I get your point. Chelsea are looking good for now in my opinion. Just Sunflash loving being a pessimist and warning everyone about upcoming bad form latter on. You don't have to take personally, he is like that most of time and doesn't mean any insult. :P

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Percieved value and greatness make everyone think their team is worth something

Isn't that what football is all about?

Wijnaldum is better tahn all of them

Great hindsight

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Isn't that what football is all about?

Opinions before and at the start of the season are always too optimistic. Like it or not, only one team can win, three teams will get relegated, and over two-thirds of the league will finish below their expectations.

That's just cold hard truth everyone forgets at this time of year.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

I personally think there's nothing wrong with being overly optimistic at the start of the season. Hype is the only thing we survive on in the off-season and even though deep down we all know only one team is going to win, that doesn't and shouldn't stop us from believing that team can be ours. If everyone adopts that negative approach that @Sunflash is saying, then fans of small teams will not come to support their teams against big teams. Upsets will be a thing of the past. Teams like Leicester will not win the league. Celtic will not defeat Barcelona 2-1. Optimism, whether realistic or unrealistic, is necessary for any sports fan.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

and over two-thirds of the league will finish below their expectations.

True dat

Optimism, whether realistic or unrealistic, is necessary for any sports fan.

And this +1. The prospect of winning is better than actually winning.