Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ranking the new central midfielder signing in the top EPL teams - xhaka vs pogba vs kante vs wanyama vs wijnaldum vs gundogan
JimBleedsArsenal 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal, England 3 691

xhaka vs pogba vs kante vs wanyama vs wijnaldum vs gundogan
thats new central midfielder signings from the top 6 teams in england.......how would you rank them???.....they are all relatively young too aged between 23-25.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

thats new central midfielder signings from the top 6 teams in england.......how would you rank them???

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

It was like 'Kante is most underrated player in PL, reason behind Leicester City' and etc. Now it's only people who think Kante is best midfielder in world. Don't get me wrong, Kante really is fantastic player but people judge him quick. Gueye (from Everton) is playing whole season almost on same level as Kante and still doesn't get the praise he deserves.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Pogba for me Is what we call rough potential, he can dribble anyone and has one of the best shooting but for me he doesn't have champs mentality, he should have matured now he isn't a youngster anymore so his off forms or lost balls are no longer forgiven by his age. His off pitch life doesn't look like a true professional player, at Juve he was part of a team and was doing good, but he is no player a team could build around him, thats risky to depend on his form. He still doesn't make the perfect decision, he does some amazing ones but he still needs more consistency to step level, He stopped progressing for me.

This is so frustratingly accurate. I don't see a hardworking player willing to sacrifice his all for results, I see a player who's just enjoying themselves instead of constantly making efforts to improve.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@tiki wow you summed up kante perfectly.

Gueye is nowhere near kante, kante stops so many teams from scoring goals and his passing is quite amazing and he brings alot offensively but he he aint modric on that matter, he made pogba look like his little son.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Chelsea8 Kante actually not that bad when he come foward, I still remember two of his goal, both against United. Maybe he have David De Gea in his pocket! XD

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Pogba has been repeatedly defended by Mourinho, and personally I don't have any problem with his social media life. He's a part of this generation, and he has every right to do the stuff he wants in his spare time. You can't assume that he doesn't work his ass off in training. Mourinho seems to be satisfied by his input in training and we should be too.

He is actually getting better with his decision making, and if you Ibra or others had finished some more of the amount of chances he's created, his number of assists would be way higher.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

For me, Kante is the best player in Chelsea atm. And we're top of the league. He's not the man the forward and he's not the creator of the team - that can create something out of nothing, but there's a reason to why countless memes circulate around the web of the guy, and to why everyone seems to love him. I'm guessing he should be favorite to win the player fo the year award, and then there'll be no arguing of whether he's been to hyped or not

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@saatvik Being French gives me more informations on French players off pitch and character in general. If there is something you can trust me in is french players progression predictions....

Pogba got kicked by Evra 2 times in half time, for not being at national team level expectations. What I like in Pogba is that he listens to older players... that being said, he is involved in some extra sportive issues...
Lately he declined France convocation for friendly due to injury, yesterday he shared a Pogdance with his brothers, thats not the kind of things French Football like specially when you know the number of youngsters knocking the door of the national team.

Look at Griezmann progression, year in year out, he comfirms and progress until BO podium, and he doesn't look satisfied yet, thats a champ mentality for me.

Pogba once you are bored of his YouTube videos with Juve goals and some tricks from time to time, what is he achieving ? And he doesn't look unhappy not winning games while 35 yo Zlatan who's palmarès needs 3 pages is Really frustrated.

Anyway Paul still has our support in France, but he is not as important as Grizou nor as consistent as Kante, who came from nowhere and is silently becoming the boss of midlefield. If you ask me, I'd rather give Kante midlefield keys.

saatvik10 7 years ago

@tikitaka Nice to know a French perspective on Pogba, but purely from a Man Utd perspective he's definitely getting better. He is physically strong, and he tries to control the tempo of the game. His only flaw I think is his desicion making in crucial times (which as I said is improving). Maybe once or twice he let the big occassion go to his head and messed up (eg. Liverpool game where he gave away a penalty).

Pogba has created many many chances for us this season, and the only problem is we can't finish them. I know you said about him and youtube videos, but here's one showing just some of the excellent chances he's created.

And he doesn't look unhappy not winning games while 35 yo Zlatan who's palmarès needs 3 pages is Really frustrated.

I remember after we lost 4-0 at Chelsea Ibra was laughing and smiling with the Chelsea players, swapping shirts. Now I'm not saying that's criminally wrong, but it is not good either.

What I'm saying finally about Pogba that if the manager trusts him, maybe we should trust the manager, because we can't see what happens behind the scenes. Give the guy some time and I'm sure he can shine.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Pogba is a world class player. No doubt, it's true that he's getting better and better in our shirt, I agree we should give him a bit more time, but how much more? (I would say next season)?

With that being said, he's NO WHERE near his price tag. His impact in our game isn't up to expectation. Mkhi and Zlatan are (although a bit wasteful). He does show some wonderful techniques and passes.

The manager always praise his players, that's normal, and Pogba is considerably the best option at Mou's disposal, but that doesn't mean he's doing as expected there. My point is I dont take much manager's word for it on certain players.

Iam not complaining though, we are getting to top 4 and I see room of improvement for all players. Especially Pogba

Until now, @Kante deserves recognition simply because of his efficiency and work ethic. He wont have jaw dropping creation etc... though

• History

Pogba is a world class player. No doubt, it's true that he's getting better and better in our shirt, I agree we should give him a bit more time, but how much more?

With that being said, he's NO WHERE near his price tag. His impact in our game isn't up to expectation. Mkhi and Zlatan are (although a bit wasteful).

The manager always praise his players, that's normal, and Pogba is considerably the best option at Mou's disposal, but that doesn't mean he's doing as expected there. My point is I dont take much manager's word for it on certain players.

Iam not complaining though, we are getting to top 4 and I see room of improvement for all players.

Until now, @Kante deserves recognition simply because of his efficiency and work ethic. He wont have jaw dropping creation etc... though

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Satvik

Holy shit man that Video is frustrating as hell to watch , so many amazing chances created and everyone of them is bottled. How many times has ibra missed a decently easy shot, also the way Pogba crosses is so unique, its like a high powered chip shot

EDIT: ok second half of video not as frustrating :)

• History

@Satvik

Holy shit man that Video is frustrating as hell to watch , so many amazing chances created and everyone is bottled. How many times has ibra missed an decently easy shot, also the way pogba crosses is so unique, its like a high powered chip shot

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895
  1. Kante
  2. Wijnaldum
  3. Wanyama
  4. Pogba
  5. Gundogan
  6. Xhaka
saatvik10 7 years ago

@Golefty The worst part is, this is just a 7 minute long video. If we compiled a video of all our missed easy chances it would exceed an hour and I'm not even exaggerating.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Yeah we're super clinical. Not to mention Pogba himself has hit the post like 8 fucking times.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@sunflash + @Saatvik

Creating that many chances has to be a sign of better things to come, With new management, new players, new style , they need time to become cohesive. But you need someone more clinical upfront, Griezeman could be the perfect solution , plus he would play so well with pogba, and martial.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Golefty At the very least, it would help the France national team as those three would play together more often. XD

@Saatvik Nice share man, very nice! :D

• History

@Golefty At the very least, it would help the France national team as those three would play together more often. XD

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Since it's been a full season, I'd like to revisit this.

If I had to rank them I'd go Pogba, Kante, Xhaka, Gundogan, Wanyama. Wijnaldum is not a CM, he played that role sparingly and to little effect last season.

That was what I put initially. I stand by all of it, except I would swap Wanyama for Xhaka, with Gundogan rounding out the five. I still maintain that Wijnaldum doesn't play as a CM.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash Eh, fair enough, gotta say I feel bad about Gundogan, I expected him to be injured badly in PL, but still, its been so long since I even heard of him, I'm not even sure Pep even think of him when preparing the future. :(

nigelpayne 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 15 484

Right now i would go:

Pogba>Kante>Wijnaldum>Gundogan>Wanyama>Xhaka

A year ago probably:

Kante>Gundogan>Pogba>Xhaka>Wanyama>Wijnaldum

• History

Right now i would go:

Pogba>Kante>Wijnaldum>Gundogan>Wanyama>Xhaka

dr_chelsea 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 1 58
  1. Kante
    2.Pogba
    3.Wijnaldum
    4.Gundogan
    5.Xhaka
    6.Wanyama
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I still find Kante to easily be a better player than Pogba. Pogba is far too wasteful, and Kante's mature and energetic playing-style gives you a reassurance that he will make the best possible decision almost every single time. Not to mention that he's a complete hound on defense.

Imagine the shit this man would do if he was 6 feet in height lol.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Dyn, I think most non-United fans would put Kante ahead of Pogba, but it is only normal for the United fans to pick Pogba.

Right now I'd go

1. Kante
  2. Paul
  3. Victor
  4. Wijnaldum
  5. Granit
  6. Ilkay