Real Madrid 483 7140

Every Real Madrid penalty was a dime.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Pepe's playacting is a joke..

Dynastian98 8 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Jimbet

Haha, you should see him against Barcelona. Even more of a clown. Regardless, he's still a good defender. On top of that he's loyal to the club, so we love him.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Jimbet

Haha, you should see him against Barcelona. Even more of a clown. Regardless, he's still a good defender.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian @Jimbet I used to hate Pepe and I still dislike it when he do stupid stuff like that, but recently, I realized how good he was and I started respecting him a lot more. To be sincere, I might like him better than Sergio Ramos. I agree however that when he was faulted today, he acted like a true clown. Also, I liked the reaction of the ref, he was like "what the hell is he doing?" XD

• History

@Dynastian @Jimbet I used to hate Pepe and I still dislike when he do stupid stuff like that, but recently, I realized how good he was and I started respecting him a lot more. To be sincere, I might like him better than Sergio Ramos. I agree however that when he was faulted today, he acted like a true clown. XD

@Dynastian @Jimbet I used to hate Pepe and I still dislike it when he do stupid stuff like that, but recently, I realized how good he was and I started respecting him a lot more. To be sincere, I might like him better than Sergio Ramos. I agree however that when he was faulted today, he acted like a true clown. XD

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

dont get me wrong, i dont mind seeing him makes nasty tackles through out any games but witnessing him acting like Sergio Busquets.. just LOL.. Even Mike Clattenburg could not believe what he just saw..

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I am really sad I didn't get to see the shootout live. However, like I said in the chatbox during the game, who thinks it's going to end with Ronaldo scoring a pk and ripping his shirt off?

It's always funny to me, Ronaldo did nothing all game and ended up winning it, Juanfran played a fantastic game and ended up losing it. Sometimes the beautiful game is harsh.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Jimbet Yeah, thats it exactly. I wonder how Pepe could be this shameless, ridiculous. It made me laugh more than it made me cry but still... :p

Agree with Sun, its sad and unfair for Juanfran, but football can be like that at time, unfair, harsh and painful. :(

• History

@Jimbet Yeah, thats it exactly. I wonder how Pepe could be this shameless, ridiculous. It made me laugh more than it made me cry but still... :p

Salahadin 8 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 11

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Salahadin

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Oblak's a classy keeper but he was clowning around in the penalties. With many of Real's players being tricky, he had to pick a corner and dive there. No point trying to predict where they're shooting.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Ramos was offside.

ashwin1729 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@Eden: Agreed, may be he was waiting for that one player to shoot strait?

Overall, congratulations Real for winning another trophy. Over the course of the tournament I wouldn't say you deserved it, but you definitely earned it.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

Are we all going to act like Real Madrid's goal wasn't offside #undeserved

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

It was an acceptable margin of error. Goals like that are scored all the time, commentators will be like "there was maybe a hint of offside" and everyone moves on. Besides, when it's super close, the advantage is supposed to go to the attacker anyway.

ashwin1729 8 years ago Edited

@Sun: It wasn't that marginal considering there's a lines man at the goal, and at least one on the side watching the same frame.enter image description here

• History

@Sun: It wasn't that marginal considering there's a lines man at the goal, and at least one on the side watching the same angle.enter image description here

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

That line is in the wrong spot, Juanfran's arm is the where the line should be, in which case Ramos's foot is the only thing offside. If that's not acceptable margin of error, nothing is.

ashwin1729 8 years ago

I haven't looked at FIFA's rules, I'm going off memory here.

1. Offside position counts only "scorable" body parts. As such, for an offensive player, the arm would not be an "offside position". By that logic, I wouldn't expect the defender's arm to be considered as something he could use to clear the ball. The shoulder part, maybe, but not the arm itself.

2. This is a computer generated image. I wouldn't expect them to get it wrong.
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@ashwin Myself, I agree with you on that one, the goal was offside but I would like to point out that as a line man, it is not alway easy to know where to watch. You never know where the thread will come from. Thats no excuse I know and such a mistake in a final is a shame and that is why I'm so excited about the fact that they will be able to use video recording next year.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Here's my take on it: A missed penalty, an offside-goal, a Ronaldo seen as a hero although he contributed nothing to the game, 0-15 Real, 15-90 Atletico, 90-120 Draw, Pepé a disgrace.

With that said, Real did have better goal scoring opportunities and the stats were pretty even. Not totally undeserved, but I still voted them lucky, because I think they were. The game as a whole was better than expected. Way more shots and evenly distributed possession than I thought, but I guess the early goal might explain why, with obvious tactical changes.

Also, I wonder how much Zidane contributed to this win..Thoughts? Also, I might be alone in this, but thought Torres had a good game too!

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

First, congratulations for Real Madrid

My few spots:

• Ronaldo was worst player in RM jersey
  • It was very hard for linesman to spot that offside, probably not even possible by human eye without any replay
  • I think it was a great for every football fan that Real scored first and Atletico didn't park the bus