Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid fans voted if they want Ronaldo to leave
Gennady 6 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Spanish newspaper AS carried out an online poll and 125,000 Real Madrid voted. Results are pretty surprising!

Is Ronaldo really having his last season with Real Madrid?

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

A lot of Real Madrid fan are quite the hypocrites, just because he only scored 4 goal this season and failed to make that much of an impact in the first half of the season, they would want him gone? We're lucky not to have such RM fan on FR tbf. ;P No, in reality, we're talking about a guys whose was instrumental in the last La Liga and CL win last season, how can you treat people with so little respect when they won you two of the most prestigious trophy in association football? Personally, if I was CR7, I would want to leave a club who show so little support to one of its key player. Knowing him, it propably won't affect Ronaldo a lot even if he does hear about it but still, its a bit sad. :(

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Wait a sec, was this a public survey that anyone could take? If that so, most of the people who voted could actually not be Real Madrid fan, couldn't they? A bit of a false results if thats right. :(

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Emo that was my first thought. I don't trust these things to be actually accurate. Although I know some Madrid ultras were very vocal about players leaving. I recall a few seasons ago how they went after all the leaders when they were leaving on cars.

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Didnt they want bale gone to leave aswell? Is it possible that the people they surveyed were barca trolls?

Gennady 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United 284 3961

Most of Madrid fans are insane. Cristiano will go down in history for Real Madrid, a future hall of famer. Broke god knows how many records and they want him to leave??!! What??!! Well, I'd be super happy if we get him back in Manchester United :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Most of Madrid are insane. Cristiano will go down in history for Real Madrid, a future hall of famer. Broke god knows how many records and they want him to leave??!! What??!! Well, I'd be super happy if we get him back in Manchester United :)

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Didnt they want bale gone to leave aswell?

Bale have been one of the worst signings in Real's history though.

And regarding Ronaldo it's easy to forget all that he has achieved in Real once they are struggling and already lost the league. He's also aging, past his prime etc. And I just think most Real fans are just afraid Ronaldo's case will be similiar to Raul's where he will play for seasons due to his name/status regardless of how he perform on the pitch.

raimondo90 6 years ago

@Pupper, under Zidane thats already a problem. He is refusing to bench players just because of previous years. Marcelo, Carvajal, Kroos, Ronaldo , Ramos and Benz are all playing because of status. These players need competition to bring the best out of them.

Bale wasnt a bad signing at all. Just spent a lot of time injured and not quite fiting in with Ronaldo. I guess just a little over priced for his contributions.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Gennady Well, like we said, it doesn't seem sure wether this survey was taken by only RM fan or not so I wouldn't say it represent all of Real Madrid fanbase well.

@Raimondo Wasn't Bale especially good in his first season for Madrid? And it was after that that the whole controversy with Ronaldo and his form problem happened I think? Can't say I'm too sure about it, it was the moment I started watching football more seriously (in 2015).

Louis15 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, France 0 59

125,000 PEOPLE voted, not real madrid fans... This is how most media works. All hungry to create buzz. Pls don't give them that power by reinforcing those lies. Expose it as it is at least.
Anyways :)

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Who would you replace Marcelo, Kroos and Carvajal with though, honestly these are probably the best players in the world in their respective positions. Alba is Alaba are would be good replacement for marcelo, i think that Madrid have been getting by for too long without a true striker, yes Ronaldo can perform in that position incredibly well, but he is not in his prime

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

and Benz are all playing because of status

Agreed. Crazy to think about a club like Real Madrid have played with Benzema for almost a decade now. Probably lost out on some La Liga trophies by that alone.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Probably lost out on some La Liga trophies by that alone.

Wise word, wise word indeed.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

WHATTT????

If this is the case, Ronaldo should leave, this club does NOT deserve him and all of his contribution!!!

I think it's public votes and only small portion represent real Real's fans

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Ahhh Benz is a hard topic to understand...

• This season, I dont get it. Pure stupidity.
  • Previous seasons, there might be some debatable about his roles: which falls into 2 categories: 1. Benz sucks and should be replaced. 2. Benz's role is not purely to score, but as number 9 and tactically enables Ronaldo or other wingers to make the best out of himself.

If Benz manages to get Ronaldo space, or feed him, the team will success because Ronaldo would have way more chances to kill the game. And you know what happen when ROnaldo has space right?

There are a lot of analysis on this topic, movement, etc... and certainly they won CL back to back, they are not stupid.

This season their old trick wont work anymore and Benz has failed in all category, no proper replacement....

Ronaldo has been carrying the scoring and the stupid thing is noone else can step up when he has his down time... they are too dependent on him.

• History

Ahhh Benz is a hard topic to understand...

• This season, I dont get it. Pure stupidity.
  • Previous seasons, there might be some debatable about his roles: which falls into 2 categories: 1. Benz sucks and should be replaced. 2. Benz's role is not purely to score, but as number 9 and tactically enables Ronaldo or other wingers to make the best out of himself.

If Benz manages to get Ronaldo space, or feed him, the team will success because Ronaldo would have way more chances to kill the game. And you know what happen when ROnaldo has space right?

There are a lot of analysis on this topic, movement, etc... and certainly they won CL back to back, they are not stupid.

This season their old trick wont work anymore and Benz has failed in all category, no proper replacement....

raimondo90 6 years ago

Yeah its hard to tell if a true striker would have had a positive impact on Real or not. Imagine someone like Ibra. He would have undoubtedly been way more competitive with Ronaldo for goals thus disrupting attacks and a happy Ronaldo can bag about 50 goals a season. It could improve Real overall but Ronaldo really pulled some incredible weight and at the time a striker like Higuain was not needed hence why he was sold off, same as Morata. This season Real is really in need of a striker to cover for Ronaldos off from.

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

I agree that when Benz is at his best in the number 9 role works

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 2 88

First of, I noticed that few here follow marca or AS ( Spanish version. Madridista from Madrid and Madridista from world wide are different types of fans.
Concept of Madridismo is the excellence that influences even the economical situation of the City, Tourism, people mood ambition....etc
«  no player is bigger than the team «  and this counts even more at Madrid, Casillas, Kaka, Raul... and the list is long. The success of Madrid is the only thing that matters and the + 40 yo Madridista do not really like Ronaldo, Ramos-Modric-Isco are more appreciated but Perez needs his marketing jewel, and one of the sharpest finishers ever by the way.

Ronaldo spoke about lack of support 3 years ago, he was not talking about worldwide fans, he was talking about Socios, who own each a part of the club and who are pissed about his atitude. Let me explain its a little internal in the club and not only depend on stats.

Ronaldo came in 2009, was the franchise player and carried Madrid in reconstruction until first liga in 2012 with Mou. His stats are good but the trophies aren’t enough for Socios who are used to get a liga out of 2.
Then 2 years where he reached his peak with Ancelotti being surrounded by creators and 100% physical potential, the only 2 years where Ronaldo didn’t got criticized.
Then even if he was winning BO, he was doing irritating things with the +40yo Socios fan base who own the club.

• last liga day where Barca already won, looking happy at the end of the game while archrivals won the league.
    • number of shots per game from distance.
    • many doesn’t want him rob be the FK taker.
    • goalless period each win of BO.
    • stating he wants to leave to renegotiate contracts.

I’m not talking about the goods, they are probably more important and convincing I’m just saying that Socios aren’t at 100% behind him. Ramos headers are more praised for instance specially the last minute ones vs Atletico in both CL finals.

In an other perspective, the ADN of madridismo are elegant players like Isco-Modrc, just like Zidane was. Socios pay to watch beauty on the field, result for them are « normal « ( look at the club Palmares )

Just to make it clear, I hate the player not the man even if I also dislike some of his atitude ( dives, whining for PK, doesn’t celebrate other day goals, egoistic just like Neymar, make his career before the team....) probably being a Madridista doesn’t help me to close eyes on his diva acting and selfishness but I don’t remember hating Raul or Ronaldo Phenomeno for that... we constantly mock him with friends to laugh because he regularly give us reasons to do so ( I’m the best, fails, dives...etc ) yes I agree lately we are making a fixation on him specially when his worldwide fashionistas claim to be the Goat, that was the detonator of our banter fixation....

All this is very complex, Madrid fanbase are divided in many sections. The world wide one is 90% pro Ronaldo till death, Ascensio knocking starting XI ? No aging Ronaldo till farewell. Harry Kane ? Won’t come till Ronaldo leaves. That’s the madrid fans most of US know. Prefer to blame any other player rather than CR on the pitch.
But Socios are different story, the youngest support Ronaldo at 60-70 % because he is their idol, he gave a lot to the team, broke the charts and probably came after the post Galactico « little crisis «  the others want Kane now, want consistency in the league more often, 2 ligas from 2008 to 2018 is not enough when the archrival is getting his 7th in 10 years.
For the oldest, 30 to 40% support him, right now, consider it’s time to cash on on him, consider he is in decline for 3 year now and want better liga results and fearing the liga’s gap between them and Barca that would lead them to loose domestic dominance which is « apocalypse «  for Madridismo. 8 or 9 ligas separate both clubs comparing to 18 to 23 before This century. Socios care for money, History, elegant play Madrid ADN and Madridismo. Many of them wanted Ronaldo rob leave 2 years ago when he was putting pressure on the club.

All this to say, that’s probably a socios poll, from fans who attend Bernabeu and have rights of the club, the whistle players are getting are real even if other fans get surprised in Madrid dominating is the norm anything else is crisis. Not judging the pro or the anti everyone is free to love or to hate him. I’m predicting a departure, Perez refused to higher hi said wages categorically few months after Messi contract extension he has 22 mil right now he wants more than Messi 32 mil. 90% of the socios are’ against and Perez if he wants to get re-elected again must hear their voice as he often do. 100.000 is the average of mature socios who owns 95% of madrid rights, and they absolutely not look like to world wide social media fans who support the team for a player, for a style of play, for Palmares or for X reason.

My 2 cents, doesn’t pretend to be accurate not my club actually.

• History

First of, I noticed that few here follow marca or AS ( Spanish version. Madridista from Madrid and Madridista from world wide are different types of fans.
Concept of Madridismo is the excellence that influences even the economical situation of the City, Tourism, people mood ambition....etc
«  no player is bigger than the team «  and this counts even more at Madrid, Casillas, Kaka, Raul... and the list is long. The success of Madrid is the only thing that matters and the + 40 yo Madridista do not really like Ronaldo, Ramos-Modric-Isco are more appreciated but Perez needs his marketing jewel, and one of the sharpest finishers ever by the way.

Ronaldo spoke about lack of support 3 years ago, he was not talking about worldwide fans ( fan boys in the extreme line ) he was talking about Socios, who own each a part of the club and who are pissed about his atitude. Let me explain its a little internal in the club and not only depend on stats.

Ronaldo came in 2009, was the franchise player and carried Madrid in reconstruction until first liga in 2012 with Mou. His stats are good but the trophies aren’t enough for Socios who are used to get a liga out of 2.
Then 2 years where he reached his peak with Ancelotti being surrounded by creators and 100% physical potential, the only 2 years where Ronaldo didn’t got criticized.
Then even if he was winning BO, he was doing irritating things with the +40yo Socios fan base who own the club.

• last liga day where Barca already won, looking happy at the end of the game while archrivals won the league.
    • number of shots per game from distance.
    • many doesn’t want him rob be the FK taker.
    • goalless period each win of BO.
    • stating he wants to leave to renegotiate contracts.

I’m not talking about the goods, they are probably more important and convincing I’m just saying that Socios aren’t at 100% behind him. Ramos headers are more praised for instance specially the last minute ones vs Atletico in both CL finals.

In an other perspective, the ADN of madridismo are elegant players like Isco-Modrc, just like Zidane was. Socios pay to watch beauty on the field, result for them are « normal « ( look at the club Palmares )

Just to make it clear, I hate the player not the man even if I also dislike some of his atitude ( dives, whining for PK, doesn’t celebrate other day goals, egoistic just like Neymar, make his career before the team....) probably being a Madridista doesn’t help me to close eyes on his diva acting and selfishness but I don’t remember hating Raul or Ronaldo Phenomeno for that... we constantly mock him with friends to laugh because he regularly give us reasons to do so ( I’m the best, fails, dives...etc ) yes I agree lately we are making a fixation on him specially when his worldwide fashionistas claim to be the Goat, that was the detonator of our banter fixation....

All this is very complex, Madrid fanbase are divided in many sections. The world wide one is 90% pro Ronaldo till death, Ascensio knocking starting XI ? No aging Ronaldo till farewell. Harry Kane ? Won’t come till Ronaldo leaves. That’s the madrid fans most of US know. Prefer to blame any other player rather than CR on the pitch.
But Socios are different story, the youngest support Ronaldo at 60-70 % because he is their idol, he gave a lot to the team, broke the charts and probably came after the post Galactico « little crisis «  the others want Kane now, want consistency in the league more often, 2 ligas from 2008 to 2018 is not enough when the archrival is getting his 7th in 10 years.
For the oldest, 30 to 40% support him, right now, consider it’s time to cash on on him, consider he is in decline for 3 year now and want better liga results and fearing the liga’s gap between them and Barca that would lead them to loose domestic dominance which is « apocalypse «  for Madridismo. 8 or 9 ligas separate both clubs comparing to 18 to 23 before This century. Socios care for money, History, elegant play Madrid ADN and Madridismo. Many of them wanted Ronaldo rob leave 2 years ago when he was putting pressure on the club.

All this to say, that’s probably a socios poll, from fans who attend Bernabeu and have rights of the club, the whistle players are getting are real even if other fans get surprised in Madrid dominating is the norm anything else is crisis. Not judging the pro or the anti everyone is free to love or to hate him. I’m predicting a departure, Perez refused to higher hi said wages categorically few months after Messi contract extension he has 22 mil right now he wants more than Messi 32 mil. 90% of the socios are’ against and Perez if he wants to get re-elected again must hear their voice as he often do. 100.000 is the average of mature socios who owns 95% of madrid rights, and they absolutely not look like to world wide social media fans who support the team for a player, for a style of play, for Palmares or for X reason.

My 2 cents, doesn’t pretend to be accurate not my club actually.

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 2 88

September 2017 after Dortmund away win : from Marca

Suspension and poor domestic form have placed a dark cloud over Ronaldo's 2017/18 season thus far, his only joy coming with the Portuguese national team during the September international break.
His goals in Germany on Tuesday ensured Los Blancos took a vital three points in their Champions League group, yet Ronaldo cut a frustrated figure in an interview with Atresmedia.
"It seems that I have to keep showing exactly who I am in every match," he said.
"I am surprised by what the public thinks of me, my numbers speak for themselves, I am an exemplary professional and I always have a clear mind.
"The criticism is getting worse."
No doubt that this motivated him and his colleagues to win.
"Before the game we spoke about how much we wanted to win in Dortmund," he continued.
"We did what the coach told us, the team has been phenomenal, creating opportunities and it isn't easy to score three goals here.
"We played well."
With Isco and Marco Asensio having both agreed to new contracts with the Spanish champions, attention has now turned to the Portuguese forward, although his current deal is set to run until June 2021.
When pressed on the subject, the former Manchester United star refused to be drawn and suggested such a question should be directed to Florentino Perez, rather than himself.
"It's a good question, these things happen naturally but maybe the president can give a better response than I can," he noted.
"I'm happy and I'm doing what I enjoy.
"People talk about me every day all around the world, I live for football and my family, not for the media.
"Sometimes these stories start in Portugal, in Spain or even Germany, because when you're big business, people talk about you."

• History

September 2017 after Dortmund away win : from Marca

Suspension and poor domestic form have placed a dark cloud over Ronaldo's 2017/18 season thus far, his only joy coming with the Portuguese national team during the September international break.
His goals in Germany on Tuesday ensured Los Blancos took a vital three points in their Champions League group, yet Ronaldo cut a frustrated figure in an interview with Atresmedia.
"It seems that I have to keep showing exactly who I am in every match," he said.
"I am surprised by what the public thinks of me, my numbers speak for themselves, I am an exemplary professional and I always have a clear mind.
"The criticism is getting worse."
No doubt that this motivated him and his colleagues to win.
"Before the game we spoke about how much we wanted to win in Dortmund," he continued.
"We did what the coach told us, the team has been phenomenal, creating opportunities and it isn't easy to score three goals here.
"We played well."
With Isco and Marco Asensio having both agreed to new contracts with the Spanish champions, attention has now turned to the Portuguese forward, although his current deal is set to run until June 2021.
When pressed on the subject, the former Manchester United star refused to be drawn and suggested such a question should be directed to Florentino Perez, rather than himself.
"It's a good question, these things happen naturally but maybe the president can give a better response than I can," he noted.
"I'm happy and I'm doing what I enjoy.
"People talk about me every day all around the world, I live for football and my family, not for the media.
"Sometimes these stories start in Portugal, in Spain or even Germany, because when you're big business, people talk about you."

In here some Madrid editorials would be banned here in FR lol not even talking about pro-Barca newspapers talking about Madrid :D would cause a sensitive mod hearth attack :)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Good share but seriously, adding that part about FR wasn't necessary imo. But back on the topic, I guess its really should be expected that a team as popular as RM has so many different fan with different point of view based on their age, experience and what they invest in the club. Lets not lie though, Real is the superstar team, the first ultimate big team there was and there are still one of the biggest club in the world right now so I think its really normal for the fan to be angry at the team for not producing the expected results (which competing for every title they compete in). Tbf, its must be rough being a Real Madrid players. :(

Tiki_taka10 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 2 88

Of course it is, handling pressure and being strong mentally is the first quality you must have or you choke badly. That’s why many world class players flopped or got several stress injuries like Dembele is having right now.
But there is also a bright side, it’s one of the most exposed clubs in the world. You get superfamous and ritch instantly with one of the best stadium and training infrastructure In the world. Reason why it’s even harder for coaches to settle. Ok I will edit that part.