Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid v Juventus (3-0 agg) (2nd Leg, 1/4th finals of CL 17/18)
Amerr30 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Who's going to watch this game?

Who wants to watch this game but can't? Perhaps I can help if you live in the States, as I have a Xfinity (Comcast) subscription with FS1 included, I could give you a login to watch it online live. But I'll only do it for those who are established members and and are trustworthy.

Anyway,

discuss.

Comments
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Me. I'm watching it right now. I expected it to be straightfoward but Juventus came with good mentality so it might be a lot more interesting after all.

Amerr30 6 years ago Edited

Yup. Mandzukic got them started in second minute. They are doing exactly what they need if they want to come back.

Isco's disallowed goal wasn't offside though.

Should be 1-1.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yup. Majestic got them started in second minute. They are doing exactly what they need if they want to come back.

David disallowed goal wasn't offside though.

Should be 1-1.

Yup. Mandzukic got them started in second minute. They are doing exactly what they need if they want to come back.

David disallowed goal wasn't offside though.

Should be 1-1.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Amerr30 Same thing happened twice to City to be fair in over the two leg against Liverpool to be fair. Offside call are more and more wrong recently. Can't wait for VAR to come to the champion league. Still, its a good game, Madrid were a bit unlucky to take those goal, especially the second one. Juventus playing well but its still a very open game for me, it wouldn't suprise me to see Juve score another only for Real to score a late winner.

Amerr30 6 years ago

Definitely penalty.

Vazquez was about to score, he brought him down. Fair call.

To attack the ref like that after the game....

It's been 10 mins, finally Juve let CR take it.

GOAL

Bye Juve..

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

So pathetic. It's the weakest penalty I have seen this CL. Real spent 90mins diving away at every chance. This garbage always favors Real in the CL. Did not deserve to go through.

quikzyyy 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Vazquez fell before Benatia touched him, such a stupid tackle.. but it was penalty due to Benatia making this kung-fu nonsense., 92 minutes of perfect display disappeared in few seconds.

btw, how the hell didn't Ronaldo get at least 1 yellow for that pathetic dive?

• History

Vazquez fell before Benatia touched him, such a stupid tackle.. but it was 100% pen anyways, 92 minutes of perfect display disappeared in few seconds.

Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Penalty call was too soft. Lucas, Marco, and Dani were trying to get Juve players sent off at every opportunity. There was definitely a slight push, but I think Lucas was 100% looking for the penalty rather than trying to beat Buffon.

I understand that some referees give these calls, and this time it favored us, but I wouldn't have minded at all if he didn't call that a penalty because I personally didn't think it was one.

• History

Penalty call was too soft. Lucas, Marco, and Dani were trying to get Juve players sent off at every opportunity. There was definitely a slight push, but I think Lucas was 100% looking for the penalty rather than trying to beat Buffon.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Dy, most definitely. The ball was rising to an uncomfortable hight for him.sense benatia behind him and started falling as soon as he was pressured.
The amount of unpunished dives was ridiculous.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Dyn: respect. That's true said.

I feel disgusted by Real today for ALWAYS going down and beg for penalty, especially Ronaldo, 3 times in the close left wings and he would have higher chance of scoring with his ability.

Real has much better, younger squad, but Juve showed why they are here

Juve fought hard and awesome, but I think both teams deserve to go through.

Just a very hard ending...

• History

@Dyn: respect. That's true said.

I feel disgusted by Real today for ALWAYS going down and beg for penalty, especially Ronaldo, 3 times in the close left wings and he would have higher chance of scoring with his ability.

Juve fought hard and awesome, but I think both teams deserve to go through.

Just a very hard ending...

Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think the game was Juve's to lose at the end. They began to sit back when pushing forward was what brought them so much success in the previous 80 minutes. Shouldn't have sat back so much after Matuidi's goal. Regardless, I think both teams were toying with fortune. Madrid were lucky with the penalty call at the final minute, and Juve were lucky with two crucial errors from Navas. Buffon's red card was disappointing... I wish he hadn't lost his head so we could have Ronaldo vs. Buffon one last time.

Also Ramos was sorely missed. We are atrocious on defense without him.

• History

I think the game was Juve's to lose at the end. They began to sit back when pushing forward was what brought them so much success in the previous 80 minutes. Shouldn't have sat back so much after Matuidi's goal. Regardless, I think both teams were toying with fortune. Madrid were lucky with the penalty call at the final minute, and Juve were lucky with two crucial errors from Navas. Buffon's red card was disappointing... I wish he hadn't lost his head so we could have Ronaldo vs. Buffon one last time.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

juve should have gone for that 4th goal instead of sitting deep. if it's 1-4 juventus are still thru, sometimes too pragmatic doesn't help --> mou, sometimes being too risky doesn't help either --> pep. forget penaldo stuff, the sad thing is buffon sent off without even yellow, like how?

• History

juve should have gone for that 4th goal instead of sitting deep. if it's 1-4 juventus are still thru, sometimes too pragmatic doesn't help --> mou, sometimes being too risky doesn't help either --> pep.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

I hate when team sitting back like that. Unfortunately Man U has done it A LOTTT recently.

Madridista11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

The better team lost today. No excuse as to how we played today. We keep this up and we will end up trophy less this season no question about it.

BUT.

Bias aside, I'd call this a penalty IF I were the ref. 1) Benatia played like a donkey today especially in the last third when he tackled Asensio and another player consecutively. He was extremely reckless and as a ref I'd make note of that. 2) Lucas had a clear chance on goal 1v1 vs Buffon at the very last minute of stoppage time. 3) There was contact between Benatia and Lucas enough at the very least to disturb his chance on goal.

Exaggerated fall, but that is a penalty in my book. Downvote me to oblivion if you want lol.

Btw, really don't want to be the guy to bring up the past, but check this out please.

Y'all remember this? Many have claimed that this penalty was legitimate because Suarez simply exaggerated the contact. Not even kidding...

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

It's a bit soft but I think it's a pen. The problem I have with this was not the RED, but how Vamos already went down looking for pen before the silly challenge came in.

And on top of that, those divings before that.

But like Dyn said, Juve sit back and waited, that's stupid

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I understand the penalty decision, but you have to realize Vazquez was looking for the penalty instead of the goal whilst he was 2 meters from the net. He realized he can't volley the ball that high and made the most of it. It was clever play, but we can't excuse our behavior. Saying Lucas' fall at the end is okay because Luis Suarez has done it does not make it any more meritable. Suarez is the lowest of the low, a known cheater, and we shouldn't allow our players to fall to his level.

Great header and overall performance from Ronaldo, by the way. He was ecstatic all game, and was a hound on defense. Classic center forwards game today, and his header for the final penalty was fantastic.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

After the brilliant performance in Italy they go on to qualify for the next stage in the ugliest of ways. I think that the hand on Lucas's back tips the balance in favor of the penalty call, but Lucas definitely went down easily. Heartbreaking for Juve and Buffon. I wish the game would have go on to extra time. Going through like this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Glad to see most Madrid fans on the forum are mature enough to realize our own team's faults and mistakes.

Madridista11 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Right on... guess i got triggered by all the hate but i should know by now we'll be hated regardless. On to the next one.

Pupper 6 years ago Edited
Juventus 0 214

A penalty was expected after Real's countless dives in the box, sooner or later you will get one. Too soft to be a penalty, in my own biased opinion. Kinda similar to the video of Suarez above.

Was a great match though, and it was obvious Real were thinking they were through before the match. Even though they played good and were a bit unlucky (lets be honest), but lacked some focus in the defence. No Ramos made a huge impact.

• History

A penalty was expected after Real's countless dives in the box, sooner or later you will get one. Too soft to be a penalty, in my own biased opinion. Kinda similar to the video of Suarez above.

Was a great match though, and it was obvious Real were thinking they were through before the match. Even though they played good and were a bit unlucky (lets be honest), but lacked some focus in the defence. No Ramos made a huge impact.

Off topic: But why didn't Ronaldo get yellow card from diving, as Tuan was mentioning. And also not a card for taking off his shirt? Not that it would have made any difference obviously, but the rules just seem to apply for some matches.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

It was a clear pen. The irrelevant fans who are squabbling in the video comments are one thing, but it's obvious to every pundit, announcer, and even player after the fact. This is not even a discussion, the only reason it's being discussed is the timing of it.

Props to Michael Oliver. Gave out yellows that were needed, gave out a red that was deserved, didn't bite on diving situation, and called a pen in the one situation that actually needed it. Balls of steel, and he can leave with a clear conscious.

Juventus made a great effort, but also made a crucial mistake. And in the end, that mistake was all that mattered.

On the plus side, hopefully this will make the Real fans talk less sh*t, they were getting really bad after the Barca-Roma tie.