Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real to target Icardi at last?
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

I read something on skysport that Real Madrid are prepared to sign Icardi from Inter. They are willing to trigger his €110m buyout clause. Thought? Personally, I think it could be a really good and important move from them.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Read something on skysport that Real Madrid are prepared to sign Icardi from Inter. They are willing to trigger his €110m buyout clause. Thought? Personally, I think it could be a really good and important move from them.

Comments
SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I normally scoff at the idea of big deals in the transfer window. I could see Real moving on a striker though.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I think they will wait till summer and then Papa Perez will break the record for Kane

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Well if it happens during this transfer window I think it would be a nice boost since he can play CL, but for the summer I'd rather go all in and try to land Kane. And like Quikzyy said, I think that's what will happen since Zidane has no interest in making any signings this transfer window :/

Also €110m buyout clause isn't that much for these days, so I wonder why other teams are not interested. Tottenham will probably want double that for Kane at least.

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

About fucking time.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I cant see it happening. Mainly because Wanda (his wife and agent) dont really want to move to Real. Already shot down rumors previously saying he wont leave Inter, not yet at least.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@raimondo To be fair, his wife seem like she is full of **it. If I remember correctly, she said that Icardi was in contact with premier league club and was close to a move make sure Inter give him better new contract. Not saying she lied when she said Icardi won't move to Real but I'm not trusting her about it.

@Dynasty Hope it happen for you! :D

@Yvan Sadly, if I was in Tottenham shoe's and had no huge pressure from Kane, I wouldn't sell for less that what PSG paid Neymar at the very least. I know it might seem crazy, but come on, Kane is way more important to Spurs than Neymar was for Barca.

@quikzyyy I feel like thats what they could do but imo, it would be an huge mistake. Icardi is maybe not a player as good or as recognized as Kane but he is one of the best striker in europe by far and not at all a bad player to lead your attack. They are not even sure of being able to convince Spurs to sell in the summer, so they should consider moving for player who they know they can get for sure and for less at least.

liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Yeah i read it on goal.com. i think this summer theyll do well in transfers. Thats what happwns after an 'awakening'.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Aubameyang could be another cheaper target for Madrid which imo would work well for Real and rumours has recently circulated they could try for it. It would be great for Auba as he alway dreamed of playing for Real. :D

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

110m is too low, Icardi is the captain and their best player.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo111 Well, its the price for the release clause at least. Heard Inter want him to sign a new contract with a 200M release clause which is more representative of today's market.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

If it were to happen it would be a smart move. First off Inter have a lot of wealth but can’t really spend due to FFP regulations. They recently spent a lot of money on Gabigol and Joao Mario, and both haven’t really done much. Inter could be forced to lose Icardi

Now if you look at the stats Real have similar amount of shots from last season. The chances may not be as clearcut but when your highest goalscorer has only 4 La Liga goals and when the play is so limited bringing a ST is probably the best thing to do, especially for someone of Icardi’s capability, who really needs Champions League.

That alone won’t fix their problems though. You look at their matches and it’s the second half performances that’s let them down. The El Clasico is a perfect example. It’s the lack of depth Zidane is using, and his comments about not wanting any reinforcements and Kepa doesn’t seem to help.

What I can say is that Icardi will easily bag 35 goals+ if he came

amir_keal 6 years ago

I also see Neymar and Mbappe moving to Real Madrid at some points in their career. Ronaldo turns 33 in Febuary so he might have only 1 1/2 seasons in him. That’s when they’ll probably get Neymar. As for Mbappe he is still 19, and it’s his dream to go there. He might go when he is 25/26 assuming he keeps his good form.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I don't think it would be smart for Inter in any way, they would lose their best player that's never good. For Real it is but I hope Inter can keep Icardi.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Well, to be fair, they might manage to keep for his wife have to pass a exam this year to keep being his agent. She might won't to focus on that above all else this year.

amir_keal 6 years ago

Golazo111

I know, but many clubs in the past have been forced to sell. Inter may just be one of them.