{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ronaldo Baloon d'Or Winner
kingsley_k 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 1 129

Who agrees with this decision??!

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I do. The only thing to get outraged about imo was that Suarez wasn't top three.

kingsley_k 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, England 1 129

Ronaldo thoroughly deserves this:) was brilliant all last season

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Ronaldo thoroughly deserves this:) been brilliant all season

Drbutterface 7 years ago
Roma, Italy 2 522

Who else? There wasn't really an alternative last season.

kingsley_k 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 1 129

Yep definitely where was suarez...hes been unstoppable last season too!
Nomination wos f****d up..

KaKa_CS 7 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 1 910

Totally deserved it. Cry me a river Bra7i.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Only choice, really. Criminal that Suarez was robbed of that Top 3 position though.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11429

Only person who would have been on par with him would have been Suarez... wasn't even in top three. Still, I think it make a lots of sense with all he did this year and like I often say, no matter how you feel about him, if Messi derseved 5 ballon d'or, then Ronaldo deserved at least 4. Congrats to him, wonder if he will get a fifth one. :S

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Suarez' ommission had alot to do with uruguay's poor performance in the copa america - also barcelona did not make it to Ucl and were put out by Atl. Madrid (griezman) . Mahrez did make history in the PL , you could argue its harder to with the PL with Leicester than is it to bag 40 goals at Barcelona... Just my opinion tho, i had to fit in Suarez i dont know if i would replace Mahrez or griezman ( griezman technically won nothing - ucl runner up and euro runner up and no league title). It was a bit of a disappointing year for Suarez outside of La Liga., really tough call. I guess between suarez and Griezman it came down to their performances outside La Liga . But With out a doubt, Ronoldo is the rightful Ballon D'or winner.

Tuanis 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Like I said before, Im just not satisfied with Ronaldo winning this award because his performance would not have him in the top 3 for previous years. There was probably no one else to take it and that is why he won it. But imo Pepe was more important for both titles that Ronaldo won which were the only reason he actually got the award. If France and Atletico won their respective tournaments would Griezman be a serious contender for the award?

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

shlt they're giving out baloons now

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuanis

Pepe was more important for both titles that Ronaldo won which were the only reason he actually got the award.

Lol.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Am I the onely one think this was totally not: "the only one deserve".?I was not impressed by 75% of his games throughout the year, including those that he scored two goals (Some games were below horrible, failed at everything and then scored"?

He had some brilliant games of scoring, still a great scoring machine but other than that, very little to be called the best player of the world this year.

This has become a popular contest.

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

@tuan_jinn I agree with you. Just tweeted that award became popularity award an hour ago.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuan

But that is the fault of the Ballon d'Or. It does not recognize the best player, but rather the player who has had the best season. It's very different from MVP or a "Best Player" award. Regardless, Ronaldo may not have been up to par with his own insanely high standards, but he had been terrific in the end of the 2015-16 season and winning the EURO and contributing to 6 of the 8 goals scored by his team (seven of eight if you count the shot that was deflected into Quaresma's path) while he was on the pitch is a terrific outcome.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Tuan

But that is the fault of the Ballon d'Or. It does not recognize the best player, but rather the player who has had the best season. It's very different from MVP or a "Best Player" award. Regardless, Ronaldo may not have been up to par with his own insanely high standards, but he had been terrific in the end of the 2015-16 season and winning the EURO and contributing to 6 of the 8 goals scored by his team (while he was on the pitch) is a terrific outcome.

KaKa_CS 7 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 1 910

If Messi wins this, we will not hear all that bullshiit. Fucccking haters cry me a river.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Dyn: i know, Im talking about that, try to lool at it from that point of view. And it failed in that category.

Its should be the best individual of this season. He wasn't. If you talk about Euro, im sure quite a significant number of natural fans can agree that Portugal's winning were largely team work, they crawled themselves to the final in one of the least undeserving champion IMO. Kudos to them to get through by their ugly boring style, but ok.

In short: Ronaldo had 1 great game and another good game, the team emded up 3rd,... defended their way into the last minute all the way game to game to the final (which he wasnt even involved).

He wasnt even the best in Real last season. He was still a great scorer, but other than that, not much.

@Kaka: no, neither of them deserve it this year.

Cristianoo 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 53

@tuan_jinn,

My name will probably make you take my comment with less ality, but Ronaldo was the best individual this year. You make some decent points, but the problem from is when you say Ronaldo has had a bunch of "horrible" games. That isn't true. I know you, as everyone else, expect a lot from this guy, but some people get extremely blind on Ronaldo when he doesn't score a goal. I see you say he's been "horrible" in some games he's scored in too, but that isn't the case. He has maybe in a few games been slightly near average, but extremely few of the games I've watched of Ronaldo have been horrible. In fact, I can't come up with one game this year where he was horrible.

The thing is that some fail to realize that Ronaldo is in addition to his goalscoring, an extremely good decision-maker. Take a look at a normal RM game and notice the difference in quality between his and Benzema's decision making, for example. Ronaldo very rarely loses the ball, holds it off well, and most often when he does lose it, it's when he challenges an opponent down the line and tries to pass that player, which is something he is less prominent at now than earlier (see: United days).

Ronaldo is the well deserved winner of this year. The standards of the man have made people expect him to perform world class in every single game, but not even Cristiano Ronaldo can do that.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I will say this, very surprised that people who watched all Ronaldo games are backing him that hard, he won just like tuan is said because there was no other choice, Pepe is not BDO material while he deserved it more than him. I will explain why :

Won 3 trophies :
Uefa super cup : didn't played a single minute
Euro :
Iceland : worst rake of his team 5 0 goal
Austria : 4 second worst rake of his team
Hongary : 2 goals raked 7 motm Ronaldo best game of Ronaldo is the tournament

3rd of their group 3 draws.
Quarters : vs Poland 1-1 Motm Renato Sanchez Ronaldo rake 5 0 goal
Semi : Wales 2-0 1 goal rake 6,5
Final : injured, Thanks Eder

Scored 3, goaless in 4 games, flopped in 2 arguably 3, shined in 2.

CL :
Here again I won't do the job all, Madrid till semi got no big rival only PSG was there in group stage

PSG : 0 goals from Ronaldo in two games
Man City: 0 goals in 2 games
The final : missed everything the worst ranked of Madrid players. Thanks Ramos

He shined vs small teams in group stage, vs Roma is round of 16 and VFL in quarters second leg.

Roma took 6-1 vs Barca in group stage.

Messi failure in Copa America put a Wall between him and the BO, Same for Griezmann who was best player of the Euro but his team failed in two finals France and Atleti, Suarez liga holder, copa holder Pichichi.

Ronaldo wasn't the best player this year, a year he lost 0-4 at Bernabeu vs Barca and failed to score vs Atletico in3 games, loosing 4-0 to one of them. BUT he was part of both winners team and clubs of CL he had good stats overall and makes him only contender this season, he got lucky teams and club won these finals for him.
Cant here he was the best performer, those who watched top 3 play this season Know it, Madridista included.

Deserved, but only for reasons I listed not performences. Congrats!

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Congratz, but it's still funny how sergio ramos and eder won the ballon d'or for ronaldo lol and i thought it was an individual prize.